The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 06:26 AM
Gentry

what i think.

I ws looking through old threads of mary and fred and saw alot of them doing things togeather going to the same fuctions. Now they don't do that anymore you see more of mary in the spotlight.

Before it was mary and fred ddoing things as a couple i wonder why that is

Old 03-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, I think that each ' new' crownprincess started her 'carreer' by doing many official functions together with her husband or in-laws. After a few years, as you can see with each of them, they have developped themselves and are more capable and confident to go alone to various activities. It also takes a while to build up some fields of interest and attention for these princesses where they can focus on.

Old 03-31-2007, 05:46 AM
Courtier

Absolutely Marengo, and I think that is that same explanation could be used for Willem-Alexander and Maxima's case, who always did their royal duties together, but now do most of them separetly..
Old 03-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lise
Okay maybe sometimes we're a bit quick to defend Mary but that's just the way we are.
I've noticed that too. It appears that the Australians are Mary fans who just happen to be interested in the Danish Royal Family because Mary is in it; if Mary had married into a different royal family (say Norway or the Netherlands) they'd be interested in that family but again not so much as they'd be interested in Mary herself.

I think its a mentality where people get very attached to an individual royal whereas other royalty followers such as myself have an interest more in the whole institution of the monarchy.

I liked the Danish Royal Family before Alexandra and Mary married into it because I thought the DRF was unique among the royal families. I admired both ladies but just because Alexandra is no longer royal doesn't make me any less interested in the Danish Royal Family.

For you who watch the Danish Royal Family in Australia, would you still follow the family if Frederik and Mary divorced and both of them remarried to other people (lets say for argument's sake that Fred's second wife would not be Australian or from New Zealand and Mary married a fellow commoner Australian and retired from public view)
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

For me, personally, I was not interested in any royal family at all before Mary came along. I didnt even know Denmark had a royal family. But because it was announced that a fellow Aussie would be marrying into royalty, it made me interested in what it was all about. I guess I just kept checking up on Mary just to see what the latest was, and what exactly her job is as princess. It was more out of curiosity that I became interested.

Since following Mary, I have become aware and familiar with other royal houses through my association with this board and now follow them too. But yes, If Mary had not come along, i would not be interested in royalty. Thank God she did otherwise i would not have been introduced to other royal families.

Also, it appears that Mary has been a victim of unfair comments and judgements etc which comes along with the job, and it is just natural for Mary's fellow countrymen to look out and support her. Its called 'mateship' which i have explained here before. :)
Old 03-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
Since following Mary, I have become aware and familiar with other royal houses through my association with this board and now follow them too. But yes, If Mary had not come along, i would not be interested in royalty. Thank God she did otherwise i would not have been introduced to other royal families
Same with me. The only royalty I knew before Mary came on to the scene was the British royals, and that was only via magazines!
Old 03-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Well, I think that each ' new' crownprincess started her 'carreer' by doing many official functions together with her husband or in-laws. After a few years, as you can see with each of them, they have developped themselves and are more capable and confident to go alone to various activities. It also takes a while to build up some fields of interest and attention for these princesses where they can focus on.
Completely OT, but who are the couple in your avatar?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily
Completely OT, but who are the couple in your avatar?
The avatar used by Marengo shows Her Royal Highness Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld (1938) and her spouse His Royal Highness Claus Georg Wilhelm Otto Friedrich Gerd Prince of the Netherlands, Jonkheer van Amsberg (1926-2002) posing at Drakensteyn Estate. Here is another picture (in colour).
Old 04-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
The avatar used by Marengo shows Her Royal Highness Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld (1938) and her spouse His Royal Highness Claus Georg Wilhelm Otto Friedrich Gerd Prince of the Netherlands, Jonkheer van Amsberg (1926-2002) posing at Drakensteyn Estate. Here is another picture (in colour).

Queen Beatrix! I had no idea this was a picture of her and her late husband. Thank you for the information, Henri M.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Courtier

I had heard about the DRF before Mary came along thanks to a grandmother who was an avid royal fan and then I have been buying the 'Hello' magazine for years. So now I read about all the the present Royal Fans and I'm pretty sure that if (and thats a big) if Mary and Fred had to divorce I would still be reading about the DRF.

Stella
Old 04-02-2007, 02:26 AM
Gentry

i think m & f are completing one another...in a way f is looking for a stronger personality (and emotionally?) than he is, but not necessarily a mother figure. And he gets that from m. as for m, she just love to be in her postion
Old 04-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulik
i think m & f are completing one another...in a way f is looking for a stronger personality (and emotionally?) than he is, but not necessarily a mother figure. And he gets that from m. as for m, she just love to be in her postion
I think you are right ulik. Fred seems to be totally comfortable with who he is and doesn't appear to need to prove it to the world. Mary appears to be very confident and self assured. Neither seems to need the other to prop them up, but they appear to have really complimentary personalities.

Fredrik continues with the charities and interests he had before marriage, and Mary seems totally unthreatened by that. She knew what sort of a man she was marrying and accepts his continuing interest. She, in turn, is also developing her own interest and charities, and not appear to need him to "hold her hand" everywhere she goes.

If you take the "Royal" out of their lives, they are much like any other working married couple. Each has their own job. They just have the advantage of working for the same "firm".

Just hope they don't talk too much "shop" at home.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

...Also because they share with the media, the general public and the Danish citizens, the moust important days in Christin life, they are consider to be in my opinion, the moust kind, attentive and of course attractive royal couple at the moment!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Because they share with the media, the general public and the Danish citizens, the moust important days in Christin life, they are consider to be in my opinion, the moust kind, attentive and of course attractive royal couple at the moment!!!
I agree with you Biboquinhas! Frederik and Mary are such a loving couple and with the cutie Christian they a very nice family.. I wish them all the best.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel

For you who watch the Danish Royal Family in Australia, would you still follow the family if Frederik and Mary divorced and both of them remarried to other people (lets say for argument's sake that Fred's second wife would not be Australian or from New Zealand and Mary married a fellow commoner Australian and retired from public view)
I would still follow the DRF if Mary and Frederik divorced that married other people. I think the Danish Queen is interesting.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I think its a mentality where people get very attached to an individual royal whereas other royalty followers such as myself have an interest more in the whole institution of the monarchy.
I agree with much of what you have said, ysbel.

From what I gather, it is a similar mentality which was shared by the Americans when Grace Kelly married into the Princely House of Monaco. They (the majority) were not interested in the institution as much as they were the indavidual.

I, like yourself, am more interested in the workings and history of Hereditary Sovereignty, though there are certain people within these institutions that appeal to me on a singular basis. Mary being the more notable and that is largely because she was an Australian, born and bred. Absolutely. Though she is not the sole reason why I am interested. Far from it.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

For me they are lovely

Mary is wonderfull, she is elegant, and lovely, she behaviors better than if she was BORN princess, she is happy of her life and she deserves her people.

Frederik is lovely, and I felt very touched when he cried during his wedding.

Little Christian, is THE CUTTEST royal boy of our days. I love him
Old 04-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
It is a pity that posters feel a Princess should 'transform' with stylistes et al. When you look at pictures of Mathilde, Mette-Marit, Máxima and Letizia, they are very much the same before and after the marriage. Prince Willem-Alexander even publicly stated that he hoped that the Máxima he learned to know and became in love with, would always remain the same Máxima (and not let her unique self be buried).
I see Mary as the exact same as before her marriage, except for the weightloss and the new clothes and jewelry, but that could be said for the other crownprincesses as well. Who of the current crown princesses didn't change their appereances a wee bit? Mary changed as much as the others imo, except for maybe Letizia, who was very groomed already, since she already was an official figure.

Quote:
From all the 'Crown Princesses', let me name it that way, I have never felt a 'click' with Mary. She is the fake one, with her stylistes and her strange cover-photographs which are not at all comme-il-faut for royalty. Diana started with this and caused the Beckhamization of the monarchy. Mary should not let the old and ancient House of Schlesvig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg going the same path into the present anglosaxon disease of worshipping of celebrities and kissing every pooh-pooh of the likes of Paris Hilton or Madonna's African baby (the poor, poor thing).
What? When has Mary let the danish royal house fall into the same path as Paris Hilton? In what way(s)? In the airbrushing of the official photographs? That is CLEARLY a danish royal thing. All their pictures are airbrushed, why would Mary have any influence on that?

Quote:
For no second I believed in that marriage of her. She is the first who comes in my mind when it is about royal crises of the future.
What a nice thing to say.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Most of you knows me, and I uses to like mostly nobility Crownprincesses. Not for an snobish thing, but for the connection all those old Royal Houses have with the History of the countries they rules. So, generally I'm not very happy when a Royal marries an rich man's daughter (or a rich man's son, since there also are Royal Crownprincess). However, I like Princess Mary. She doesn't looks false to me. She is regal...She LOOKS regal. Who may deny it? She is naturally elegant, pretty and natural. Her jewels looks wonderfully on her. I must accept that some crowned Royals, with tons of blue blood into them, doesn't looks as well as Princess Mary does.

And she seems to be happy married to Prince Frederick. Every time I see them together, they seems to be genuinelly happy, sharing a life in common. What more can we ask for a good Crownprincess? Well, maybe intelligence, but I don't really know if she is not intelligent. Nowadays, Princes and Princesses are not allowed to show their real opinions on things, since they can't take political possitions. So, I bet she is also intelligent.

I think that Denmark has a very good Crownprincess. And she is the mother of our beloved Prince Christian! So, how couldn't we like her?

Vanesa.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Aristocracy

I find Frederick & Mary a lovely young couple. In fact I enjoy all the young roual couples. I find the Crowm Princesses very modern and refreshing.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary