Twin Prince and Princess for Frederik & Mary: January 8, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. I didn't know that. My bad. I only started following the DRF and royalty in general after the birth of Isabella.

Since it is twins, they probably have a lot more to plan and work out so it may very well be a month after the birth or so that we hear of a date. Are the godparents announced closer to the christening or when the date is announced?

The godparents are announced on the christening Day.

from official site of CP couple
Thank you for all the congratulations

Issued Monday January 24, 2011

Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess are very touched by the warm wishes and congratulations they have received on the occasion of the birth of their twins on January 8, 2011.

Unfortunately, we are unable to respond personally to each and everyone of the overwhelming amount of greeting letters that have been received.

Their Royal Highnesses would like to express their heartfelt thanks to all those who have sent letters of warm wishes and congratulations.

Christian Schønau
Chief of the Court of
TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess

nice gesture :flowers:

I do think that the organisation and preparation of a christening isn't done in a few hours ;)

And?
Taking a day out to appear at a wedding in the UK is hardly going to affect the planning. With the wedding in April, when the christening is possible going to be. I would hope Mary and Frederik have had the christening planned and organised for quite sometime. Last minute tweeks in April aren't really going to affect their attendance at the UK Wedding.

I don't think it will be just one day, usually they are travelling for a few days plus preparation :)

Will there be two christenings or just one? I was just wondering if there is a president for something like that?

I have never heard of two christenings for twins...

Will there be two christenings or just one? I was just wondering if there is a president for something like that?
Well, there will be two christenings/baptisms, but only one christeningservice.

It is, to put it mildly, a very quiet in Billed Bladet this week!

There is an article devoted to how M&F and the twins are doing right now, but as it is only speculations I've decided not to write a summary.
In fact any member of this forum who has had twins, would probably be able to write something similar.

There is an article about the presents M&F have recieved so far. More on that below.

But in order to have at least something to write about, a Billed Bladet reporter happened to bump into Joachim and our Marie, going for a walk around Amalienborg before going to Lyon.
As it isn't the first time I've seen Joachim and la Marie going for a walk, when things have been quiet, I can help wondering whether this isn't just a little, tiny bit arranged.
More on that below as well.

But before I start on the summaries: I will be on holiday next week and as such I don't expect to write any summaries next week. But perhaps someone else will take over?

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #4, 2011.
Kongelige gaver til tvillingerne - Royal presents for the twins.
Written by Hanne Rask.

From the magazine itself M&F has recieved a photo album with a selection of the photos takes at Rigshospitalet.
M&F have recieved an Odder-pram for the twins, in beige this time. The company is more than happy to supply prams to the DRF. This particular model is otherwise only available in black, but Joachim and the fair Marie had one in beige for bette Henrik, and the CP-couple requested one in the same color.
The fur company, Copenhagen Fur, have presented two driving bags or whatever they are called in English. They are made of mink, labelled Palomino Cross. That should keep the twins very warm.
A toystore in Copenhagen, Prik, which sell handemade toys, have thought about Isabella. So they have presented her with a twin-lift, complete with two dolls and a hand-knitted shawl.
The store Purebaby has supplied ecological bedlinen for the twins.

And last but not least. One of the knitted blankets Elvis and Shirley were wrapped in, when they left Rigshospitalet, was knitted by 62 year old Connie Veng, from the town of Sønderborg.
Connie explains: "It was the girl, who Frederik carried and it was quite obvious, because my blanket is just a little bit smaller than the blanket which was used for Christian and Isabella".
Connie Veng obtained the (what do you call it?) recipe for the blanket in a knitting store in Gråsten. That recipe has been known since the the birth of Christian.
It was Mary's mother who knitted the blanket Christian, Isabella and Elvis was wrapped in.
Connie Veng was finished knitting the blanket in September and duly recieved a thank you note a little later.

Well, Billed Bladet just happened to meet Joachim and Marie going for a walk near Amalienborg, Saturday afternoon (at 12.45 sharp in fact). Here they were walking with bette Henrik in his beige Odder-pram.
Joachim confirmed: "The twins are wonderful".
However the reporter, Hanne Rask, appear to have been distracted. She called the four legged zoological oddity, Apple, a dog. :lol:

Muhler, have a wonderful holiday. Hope you enjoy your time off!

I think the word would be "pattern" instead of recipe in the summary you provided about the blankets for Elvis or Shirley. At least in the US it would be:) It might be something different in Denmark?

Emmily's right. In fact, "pattern" or "Knitting/Crocheting Instruction Sheet/Book" is right. I've seen both over the years, as I've mentioned before, I do both Crocheting and Knitting.

As for the "driving bag" you mentioned, I'm guessing that would be a Baby Bunting as it's known here in North America. I've made a few over the years in Crochet both for the Charity Crafting I do and for cousins who are expecting. It *never* fails as a great gift for an expectant Mom at a Shower.

At least, not up here in Canada in my experience. :eek:)

Have a lovely and fun filled holiday Muhler!!

Thanks Tiggers8 & Emmily :flowers:

Pattern it is then.

In DK it's a recipe. For whatever reason.

And Baby Bunting. Got it.

Have a great holiday Muhler, as we rely on you so much for translations and information we will miss you. Hope you and your family have a safe return and look forward to hearing from you again.

I think I finally have figured out the issue...because the latest Crown Prince children are twins, everything will take TWICE as long...The pregnancy seem to drag on forever, Mary was in hospital a lot longer with the babies after the birth...

Remember with Christian, out of hospital after 1 day and official portraits taken on same day, we can tell by the black dress, earrings and hair accessories Mary wore that this is the case...Isabella's portraits were taken a few days after they brought home, but not the same day because having a newborn and 18 month old is a bit hectic...Now with a 5 year old and an (almost) 4 year old and two 3 week old twins, I think official portraits are the furtherest thing from their minds...So I guess all we can do is be patient...BUT IT IS SO HARD!!!

I have feeling the christening could be towards the end of March (or maybe early April) because April is a busy month for the family - Isabella's birthday, QM birthday - added to that a possible royal wedding to go to in Britain...?

They have 2 small children and newborn twins, I would think their hands are pretty full right now. That might be the reason for no photos yet. I'm sure with the hectic schedule, everything takes a lot longer. We'll see something soon.

Might get a set of pictures for Mary's birthday & the twins in one go. Would be easier IMO for that then having 2 photo-sessions which can be quite tiring for Mary & boring for C & I.

Might get a set of pictures for Mary's birthday & the twins in one go. Would be easier IMO for that then having 2 photo-sessions which can be quite tiring for Mary & boring for C & I.

That is what I was thinking as well, a two for one, can't go wrong.

Mary's birthday is on Saturday though, I don't think the court releases things at that time?

Well unless it's something as important as the birth which was on a Saturday.

I'm really hoping we get some pictures of the twins tomorrow. They're almost a month old; they must be bigger now.

But until now the Court never released pictures on the actual birthday but a few days earlier, like with little Henrik?

A bit from the paperedition of Billedbladet, translated:

Mary enjoys her twins
Princess Mary is busy these days. Busy getting incorporated a rhythm with the little twins and the duo of Christian and Isabella. Mary is not alone ensuring that there will be a structure on the everyday life. In the Crown Prince Frederik, she has a perfect support. He appears to follow well up on his noble efforts of the first week with the twins.
Mary said when she met the press at Rigshospitalet, the biggest challenge for the royal couple was to get everyday to work with four young children. This task the Crown Princess has been working on with great energy.
But Mary's raw power in the first weeks at home is really nothing out of the ordinary. Women who have just born twins are generally much surplus in their behavior. This explains Joan Barrels Grønning in "The Book of Twins".
There is a high probability that Mary does not get much more than 4 to 6 hours of sleep a day and many twin mothers spend 7-8 hours a day to breastfeed. That you would think would drain a twin mum for all energy but that does not appear to be in Princess Mary's case. The times she has moved away from Amalienborg, she impressed those she has encountered in its path.
- She looks amazing and she looks just so sweet. She seems clearly to have a large surplus even though she has just been a mother of twins tells a woman who recently ran into Mary in Copenhagen.
Mary has since she returned from Rigshospitalet in several contexts radiated large surplus in every possible way. The reason for this surplus may well be quite normal phenomenon to a new twin mum the first week after helped by hormones and an ultra-strong maternal feelings. Many twin mothers describes this phase as a time where you really feel you live.
But a life with little twins is not only a bed of roses. Also for a Crown-Prince Couple who might have help from nannies but want to do things themselves.
For expectant twin parents there are 3 main headings on a normal day: Breastfeeding diaper changes and sleep. So when Mary needs to sleep, Frederick take care of the twins. And when the young need food Mary steps in and then Fred takes a rest.
Regardless of how the royal couple has organized themselves it is really working.

Thanks Benedikte :flowers: Could it be that surplus means energy?

A bit from the paperedition of Billedbladet, translated:

Mary enjoys her twins
Princess Mary is busy these days. Busy getting incorporated a rhythm with the little twins and the duo of Christian and Isabella. Mary is not alone ensuring that there will be a structure on the everyday life. In the Crown Prince Frederik, she has a perfect support. He appears to follow well up on his noble efforts of the first week with the twins.
Mary said when she met the press at Rigshospitalet, the biggest challenge for the royal couple was to get everyday to work with four young children. This task the Crown Princess has been working on with great energy.
But Mary's raw power in the first weeks at home is really nothing out of the ordinary. Women who have just born twins are generally much surplus in their behavior. This explains Joan Barrels Grønning in "The Book of Twins".
There is a high probability that Mary does not get much more than 4 to 6 hours of sleep a day and many twin mothers spend 7-8 hours a day to breastfeed. That you would think would drain a twin mum for all energy but that does not appear to be in Princess Mary's case. The times she has moved away from Amalienborg, she impressed those she has encountered in its path.
- She looks amazing and she looks just so sweet. She seems clearly to have a large surplus even though she has just been a mother of twins tells a woman who recently ran into Mary in Copenhagen.
Mary has since she returned from Rigshospitalet in several contexts radiated large surplus in every possible way. The reason for this surplus may well be quite normal phenomenon to a new twin mum the first week after helped by hormones and an ultra-strong maternal feelings. Many twin mothers describes this phase as a time where you really feel you live.
But a life with little twins is not only a bed of roses. Also for a Crown-Prince Couple who might have help from nannies but want to do things themselves.
For expectant twin parents there are 3 main headings on a normal day: Breastfeeding diaper changes and sleep. So when Mary needs to sleep, Frederick take care of the twins. And when the young need food Mary steps in and then Fred takes a rest.
Regardless of how the royal couple has organized themselves it is really working.
Another plus for them is that they have trusted staff to assist when necessary to help with the newborns and the older children.

i am happy that mary, frederik and the twins are doing fine. hope to get some pics very soon!

I find it very long waiting for proper family pix !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom