Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

no foto of Christian and Isabella?

Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Aristocracy

quick overall comments:
1. henrik's humor: i am sure it was just a "boutade" but, as far as i am concerned at least, it was a bad one, not towards the newborns, whose appearence is bound to change a lot during the first months and is therefore unjudgeable at the moment, but towards mary and frederik. come on, these are you son and you daughter in law we are talking about! i can imagine the two of them happy but tired and stressed out for the birth and maybe a bit worried about the future, and there you go and spit out a comment like that??? come on. if i were frederik, i would bear some grudge for some days...
2. joachim and frederik. in my opinion, at the moment frederik is closer to his nephews, especially the two older ones which were born before he had his own childern, than to his brother. the two brothers seemed to have grown bit apart, but i guess that this is unavoidable if we take into account how different the lives of a crown prince and a junior royal should be. to this extent, now that the twins are born Isabella will be luckier, bc christian will grow up to be the future crown prince but isabella will not be the only junior royal of her time, but will have the twins and especially her little sister.
(..)

Old 01-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

photos:
myroyal's: CHR
myroyal's: PR
Old 01-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
You are right. In the US, you have to work hard for your money. The president is elected by the people and taxes are paid to be able to have schools, roads, etc.
I think all people in all countries work hard for their money; I know that I do. We just live under different ideologies as to how much we pay in direct taxes and which services we would like to have provided by the government and which we prefer to pay for ourselves.
The systems we don't know may seem the most unpalatable to us; after a couple of visits from the US president to Denmark, I was shocked by the costs of having him going/driving around. Just one morning when he (think it was Bush) used one of the motorways to Copenhagen, all the usual morning traffic was stopped as were the trains on certain routes so people couldn't get to work for a couple of hours. The loss of earning potential that day for the greater Copenhagen area was colossal!!!! And just because of the security measures for one single president
Our own royal family could probably exist for months on end for these costs alone! So, in the end I suppose it is all what you are not used to having which really stands out as extraordinary - if not extravagant/unnecessary.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Well, Joachim said, when being interviewed for the book about Frederik, that Fred and him had a period where their relationship was strained, and that they are not as close as they have been before but are working on it

Why was their relationship strained?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Courtier

I have been busy dealing with floods at home the last couple of days and I come back to the forum to check on the progress of the crown prince couple and people are talking about money and tax payers. GET A LIFE . Yeez all this talk about bloody money has been flogged to death on other forum threads. Give it a rest will ya!! For goodness sake we should be rejoicing in the birth of two brand new babies. (...) Am looking forward to when Mary is allowed to leave the hospital with her precious bundles.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Why was their relationship strained?
Muhler was so kind to translate parts of the book about Frederik, and it was mentioned, there: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1148926
Old 01-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Courtier

I am interested to see what Mary will wear exiting the hospital...Because I noticed with Christian's exit, her firstborn, she wore a shift dress, heavy frock coat, stockings and pumps...Something I wouldn't have even attempted myself...With Isabella's exit, she was a bit more casual, black pants and smock top...I don't know if climate had anything to do with it, Christian being born in winter and Isabella in milder spring/summer weather? So she will either be in fancy sweats and gym shoes, more casual than she was with Isabella or totally rugged up more than she was for Christian, because it does look very chilly in Copenhagen at the moment...Oh, how I love to focus on the trivialities :)
Old 01-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
...Oh, how I love to focus on the trivialities :)
Me too She will definitely wear something warmer than when she took Isabella home at the end of April. I'm also curious to see if it shows that she is now breastfeeding two babies instead of one; have heard that for some women all excess pounds from the pregnancy are 'sucked away' rather quickly.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Commoner

Any word and when Mary gets to go home?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Courtier

Mary has usually carried the new baby home wrapped in a shawl that used to belong to her mother but what now when she's got two babies? Does she have two shawls or is her sister bringing her a new one based on the traditional Shetland Islands pattern?

(...)
Old 01-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Mary has usually carried the new baby home wrapped in a shawl that used to belong to her mother but what now when she's got two babies? Does she have two shawls or is her sister bringing her a new one based on the traditional Shetland Islands pattern?
It would be nice if her sister brought one for the CPC to wrap one of the babies in. Perhaps their mother knitted one shawl for each child of her and John (4 all in all) and Jane are lending hers to the CPC

(...)
Old 01-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post

(...)
Oh I didn't know that. I have just checked the photos with Mary leaving the hospital right after she gave birth to Christian and Isabella. The shawl is beautiful. I like the idea of her sister bringing something traditional from her home country.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I think all people in all countries work hard for their money; I know that I do. We just live under different ideologies as to how much we pay in direct taxes and which services we would like to have provided by the government and which we prefer to pay for ourselves.
The systems we don't know may seem the most unpalatable to us; after a couple of visits from the US president to Denmark, I was shocked by the costs of having him going/driving around. Just one morning when he (think it was Bush) used one of the motorways to Copenhagen, all the usual morning traffic was stopped as were the trains on certain routes so people couldn't get to work for a couple of hours. The loss of earning potential that day for the greater Copenhagen area was colossal!!!! And just because of the security measures for one single president
Our own royal family could probably exist for months on end for these costs alone! So, in the end I suppose it is all what you are not used to having which really stands out as extraordinary - if not extravagant/unnecessary.
wow it is embarassing what Presiendt Bush cost to the Danes!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Muhler was so kind to translate parts of the book about Frederik, and it was mentioned, there: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1148926

Thank you, but this link doesn't work for me.
Is there someplace else I can find it?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

Is there any news on when Mary & the twins will be released from the hospital today?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnquirer View Post
Is there any news on when Mary & the twins will be released from the hospital today?
No, it´s 00:18 in the night here in Denmark
Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Aristocracy

I'm just now reading that Prince Henrik called the twins ugly. I cannot believe he would say that to the media. If that's how he feels, fine, but don't say something so insensitive to the media. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
No, it´s 00:18 in the night here in Denmark
I figured, but what I meant was, is there any news today on when they'll be released.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Christian and Isabella visited Mary and the twins

Billed-Bladet - Isabella og Christian på aftenbesøg hos mor

Google Traduttore
Old 01-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnquirer View Post
I figured, but what I meant was, is there any news today on when they'll be released.
No, if they go home later today (wednesday) then we will be told so about two, perhaps three, hours before. IIRC then it was that way with both Prince Christian and Princess Isabella