Polish state visit to Belgium

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo, Mathilde

I think Princess Mathilde is so lovely. Red is definitely her color. I love her gown at the gala dinner. The President's wife is very pretty, also.

In some of those pictures I thought I saw Princess Laurent. Did I? :)

I really think the First Lady has outshined the Queen during this visit, she is very beautiful. I really liked her gown during the gala, and the necklace was very elegant. She also completly outshined the Norwegian Queen during their state visit to Norway.

Hope it is OK to attach a link to a pic of her even if its not from this statevisit...
http://cache.aftenposten.no/multimedia/archive/00144/RBDA2FB_IPT_144166a.jpg
I also loved her during the british statevisit
http://pro.corbis.com/images/DWF15-704971.jpg?size=67&uid={279fab95-3c0b-46b3-9b85-5af0504f72e4}

Im not sure about Mathildes dress, its a very pretty color for her but somehow it hides one of her best features, her long neck. The sash does not look very good with her dress either. I love her earrings though...Astrid look sensational with her hair like that.

Larzen said:
I really think the First Lady has outshined the Queen during this visit, she is very beautiful. I really liked her gown during the gala, and the necklace was very elegant. She also completly outshined the Norwegian Queen during their state visit to Norway.

Hope it is OK to attach a link to a pic of her even if its not from this statevisit...
http://cache.aftenposten.no/multimedia/archive/00144/RBDA2FB_IPT_144166a.jpg
I also loved her during the british statevisit
http://pro.corbis.com/images/DWF15-704971.jpg?size=67&uid={279fab95-3c0b-46b3-9b85-5af0504f72e4}

Im not sure about Mathildes dress, its a very pretty color for her but somehow it hides one of her best features, her long neck. The sash does not look very good with her dress either. I love her earrings though...Astrid look sensational with her hair like that.
I agree about Jolanta. She is very pretty and she always has a smile. She looked lovely in all of those photos. Thanks to everyone who posted them.

I liked Mathilde's dress and the colour of it, except for the neckline. I'm not a big fan of that style myself, but she still looked beautiful as always.:p

Astrid looked so nice. I don't know exactly how she did her hair, but it looked good. I think the colour of her dress suited her, unlike some of the other ones she has chosen in the past, which suited, but not as well as this one.

I hope these pics haven't been posted, Hannelore seems to have posted all the pictures I wanted to post, great job, Hannelore...:)

Some pictures from Chateau Lahulpe dinner for the Polish President and First Lady
P.S. I love Mathilde's blouse, it suits her very well.

1) L-R, Princess Mathilde, Prince Philippe, Jolanta Kwasniewska, Queen Paola, King Albert, President Kwasniewska, Queen Fabiola and Princess Astrid

2-3) Polish President and First Lady arrive for dinner at Chateau Lahulpe

4) Queen Paola and King Albert arrive for dinner

Attachments

• 51592187.jpg
    51592187.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 699
  • 51592182.jpg
    51592182.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 687
  • 51592180.jpg
    51592180.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 629
  • 51592179.jpg
    51592179.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 722
Some more pics...that haven't been posted, of the arrival of Polish President Kwasniewska and wife Jolanta to Belgium for a state visit

I agree that the First Lady simply looks charming and friendly, on the other hand I wish someone would go up to Paola and tickle her hard to make her smile.

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00128490.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00128490.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 364
  • pre-SEEGER00128491.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00128491.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 345
  • pre-SEEGER00128487.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00128487.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 322
  • pre-SEEGER00128472.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00128472.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 318
wow astrid looked gorgeous never seen her look this good before she outshone Mathilde for once

as usual Queen Paola looked boring, in my opinion she never looks majestic and regal like how one would imagine a Queen to look so its not hard to outshine her which is a shame cause she's such a beautiful woman

why Doesn't Queen Fabiola wear a Tiara?.....

pdas1201 said:
I hope these pics haven't been posted, Hannelore seems to have posted all the pictures I wanted to post, great job, Hannelore...:)

Some pictures from Chateau Lahulpe dinner for the Polish President and First Lady
P.S. I love Mathilde's blouse, it suits her very well.

1) L-R, Princess Mathilde, Prince Philippe, Jolanta Kwasniewska, Queen Paola, King Albert, President Kwasniewska, Queen Fabiola and Princess Astrid

2-3) Polish President and First Lady arrive for dinner at Chateau Lahulpe

4) Queen Paola and King Albert arrive for dinner
I absolutely agree with you about Mathilde's blouse. The other ladies looked good as well. Thank you for posting the pictures.
Also thank you to everyone else who have posted pictures on this thread - the pictures are just wonderful. :)

Mette2 said:
I absolutely agree with you about Mathilde's blouse. The other ladies looked good as well. Thank you for posting the pictures.
Also thank you to everyone else who have posted pictures on this thread - the pictures are just wonderful. :)
That blouse is lovely and as pdas1201 said, it really does suit her. :p

some more pics...

Attachments

• 51592466.jpg
    51592466.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 635
  • 51585522.jpg
    51585522.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 738
Astrid has been looking quite well of late or should I say even better! And she did outshine Mathilde. Brava to her. But I did like Mathilde´s colorful blouse. That is nice.

Astrid and Mathilde indeed looked wonderful. I'm very fond of Mathilde's blouse as well :)

And it's true Jolanta looked much more as a queen than Paola did.

Someone asked why Fabiola doesn't wear a tiara...After her husband's death, she no longer wears a tiara, she made an exception for the Spanish state visit in 2000, because of her Spanish origins.

The necklace Jolanta received, I like it and it seems to go well with her style...

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 346
First Lady of Poland Jolanta Kwasniewska visits a Polnish school in Brussels (Ecole Jean XXIII) where she meets with the pupils, their parents and the school staff.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 343
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 325
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 344
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 267
Visit to the city Leuven. Here at the town hall, where they get explanations from mayor Louis Tobback.

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 323
The Polish president at the university of Leuven

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 337
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 313
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 255
More from the previous days: Filip and elegant Mathilde at the welcoming of the Polish president and his wife.

Attachments

• arrival.jpg
    arrival.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 543
  • arrival1.jpg
    arrival1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 231
  • arrival2.jpg
    arrival2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 345

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 249
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 280
  • leuven0.jpg
    leuven0.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 267
  • leuven3.jpg
    leuven3.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 277
  • leuen2.jpg
    leuen2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 288
  • leuven1.jpg
    leuven1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Visit to the university library of Leuven. This university was founded in 1425, as the first one in the low countries.

Attachments

• library.jpg
    library.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 246
  • libr.jpg
    libr.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 342
  • lib.jpg
    lib.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 261
  • libra.jpg
    libra.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 273
In the city Diest

Attachments

• diest.jpg
    diest.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 269
  • diest0.jpg
    diest0.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 331
A ceremony at the Polish military cemetery in Lommel.

Paola looked as though she had rather stayed at home, why isn't she standing up when the rest is? And why is she dressed so poorly??
It's times like these I think Mathilde will do this sooo much better....

Attachments

• lo.jpg
    lo.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 415
  • lom.jpg
    lom.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 319
  • lomme.jpg
    lomme.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 292
  • lommel.jpg
    lommel.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 258
  • lommell.jpg
    lommell.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 227
Claire and Laurent weren't present because Claire's British grandfather (her father's father) had just died.

More pics of the second gala dinner.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 336
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 390
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 254
King Albert's speech at the first gala dinner

In French

Monsieur le Président, Madame,

C’est avec joie que la Reine et moi vous accueillons en Belgique à l’occasion de votre Visite d’Etat. Il y a cinq ans, vous nous receviez à Varsovie et nous gardons un souvenir ému de l’accueil que la nation polonaise nous réserva.

Je salue en vous, Monsieur le Président, le dynamique Chef d’Etat d’un pays ami, soucieux des fondements constitutionnels de son pays et du bien-être de tous les Polonais. Un avocat infatigable de l’accession de la Pologne à l’Union européenne, et à l’OTAN.

Madame,

Votre contact spontané avec la population, votre action sociale en faveur des enfants malades ou défavorisés, et votre soutien aux plus démunis, suscitent l’admiration. Aux côtés de votre mari vous oeuvrez intensément au rayonnement de votre pays à l’étranger.

Excellences, Mesdames, Messieurs,

Cette année la Belgique commémore le 60ème anniversaire de sa libération et c’est la Division polonaise du Général Maczek qui libéra une grande partie des Flandres Orientale et Occidentale, et aussi de la Campine. Pour nombre de nos compatriotes l’automne de 1944 fut un moment de grande joie, mais pour la nation polonaise cette période fut dramatique. En effet, un an après l’insurrection du ghetto, c’est Varsovie tout entière qui s’insurge contre l’oppression et qui, une fois de plus, déplore des dizaines de milliers de victimes.

Les années 40 virent aussi un grand nombre de travailleurs polonais s’installer dans nos bassins charbonniers du Limbourg, du Hainaut et autour de Liège. Leurs enfants et petits-enfants se sont remarquablement intégrés chez nous, et les jumelages de communes témoignent des relations très étroites créées alors.

Avec ce passé commun et des liens personnels, jusque dans notre propre Famille, il n’est pas étonnant qu’aujourd’hui nos relations soient intenses.
La transformation industrielle et économique en Pologne est tout à fait remarquable et ne fera que se consolider dans les années à venir. Nos échanges commerciaux en bénéficient : ils vont croissant dans presque tous les secteurs, grâce notamment à la présence active de nos Régions.

Depuis plusieurs années maintenant, nos autorités ont intensifié leur collaboration dans le domaine européen. L’implantation, à Natolin, d’un campus du Collège de l’Europe y a certainement contribué.

Nous nous réjouissons de tout cœur de l’adhésion formelle de votre pays à l’Union européenne. La Pologne a toujours affirmé son entière appartenance à l’Europe. Elle travaillera désormais avec nous, à la réalisation de l’Union du XXIième siècle. Comme vous le disiez récemment, Monsieur le Président, la Pologne est rentrée dans la famille qu’elle a contribué à créer et à enrichir de sa culture et de ses traditions pendant plus de mille ans. Nous sommes convaincus qu’avec tous les talents que nous leur connaissons, les Polonais aideront à trouver des solutions durables, équilibrées et efficaces aux questions d’ordre constitutionnel et institutionnel que notre Union est appelée à résoudre encore, pour que l’élargissement soit un succès. Après l’horrible attentat de Madrid nous devons également développer une véritable politique européenne de la sécurité et de la justice.

Excellences, Mesdames, Messieurs,

Nos deux pays qui partagent tant de valeurs et dont les destins se sont si souvent entremêlés, se retrouvent ce soir dans la confiance et l’amitié. Désormais, ce sont les institutions européennes et atlantiques qui formeront le cadre de notre coopération. Nous savons déjà qu’elle sera intense, qu’elle comprendra un nombre croissant de domaines, et qu’elle contribuera au rapprochement de nos peuples. Nous savons aussi qu’ensemble, nous portons d’importantes responsabilités : celle de réussir l’intégration de notre continent, d’y apporter paix, stabilité et développement, et celle aussi, peut-être la plus difficile, de créer des sociétés où il fait bon vivre ensemble dans la tolérance, le respect d’autrui et la solidarité.

C’est à ce destin commun que je voudrais maintenant lever mon verre. Je bois à la santé du Président de la République polonaise et de Madame Kwasniewska, et à l’amitié entre nos deux pays.

In Dutch

Mijnheer de President, Mevrouw,

Met oprecht genoegen verwelkomen de Koningin en ikzelf U in België ter gelegenheid van uw Staatsbezoek. Vijf jaar geleden, waren wij uw gasten in Warschau en de hartelijke ontvangst van de Poolse bevolking herinneren wij ons nog zeer levendig.

Ik begroet U, Mijnheer de President, als het dynamische Staatshoofd van een bevriend land, dat vol zorg is voor de grondwettelijke fundamenten van zijn land en het welzijn van alle Polen. De onvermoeibare advocaat voor toetreding van Polen tot de Europese Unie en tot de NAVO.

Mevrouw,
Uw ongedwongen contact met de bevolking, uw inzet voor zieke of minder begunstigde kinderen en uw steun aan de minstbedeelden verwekken bewondering. Aan de zijde van uw echtgenoot ijvert U intens voor de uitstraling van Polen in het buitenland.

Excellenties, Dames en Heren,
Dit jaar herdenkt België de zestigste verjaardag van zijn bevrijding en het was de Poolse divisie van Generaal Maczek die een groot deel van West- en Oost-Vlaanderen en ook van de Kempen bevrijdde. Voor tal van onze landgenoten was de herfst van 1944 een moment van grote vreugde, maar voor het Poolse volk was die periode dramatisch. Immers, één jaar na de opstand van het Getto rebelleerde gans Warschau tegen de onderdrukking, wat opnieuw duizenden slachtoffers tot gevolg had.

Ook in de veertiger jaren, zijn talrijke Poolse arbeiders zich in onze kolenbekkens van Limburg, Henegouwen en rond Luik komen vestigen. Hun kinderen en kleinkinderen hebben zich bij ons merkwaardig geïntegreerd en de vele jumelages tussen gemeenten getuigen van de nauwe relaties die dan tot stand zijn gekomen.

Wij onderhouden thans intense betrekkingen, wat niet verwonderlijk is, gelet op dat gemeenschappelijk verleden en op de vele persoonlijke banden, tot in onze eigen familie.
De omvorming van de Poolse industrie en economie is opmerkelijk en zal in de komende jaren alleen maar duurzamer worden. Dat komt onze handelsrelaties ten goede; zij nemen toe in bijna alle sectoren, mede door het actief optreden van onze Gewesten.

Sedert meerdere jaren nu, hebben onze autoriteiten hun samenwerking op het Europese vlak geïntensiveerd. Het oprichten van een campus van het Europa College te Natolin heeft daar ongetwijfeld toe bijgedragen.

Wij verheugen ons oprecht over de formele toetreding van uw land tot de Europese Unie. Polen heeft zich altijd tot Europa bekend. Voortaan zal het, samen met ons, aan de verwezenlijking werken van de Unie van de 21ste eeuw. Onlangs nog, onderstreepte U, Mijnheer de President, dat Polen is teruggekeerd naar de familie die het heeft helpen oprichten en ook verrijken met zijn cultuur en tradities gedurende meer dan duizend jaar. Wij zijn ervan overtuigd dat de Polen, met hun vele talenten, zullen bijdragen tot het uitwerken van duurzame, evenwichtige en efficiënte oplossingen voor de grondwettelijke en institutionele kwesties die onze Unie nog moet beslechten om van de uitbreiding een succes te maken. Na de gruwelijke aanslagen in Madrid, dienen wij ook een echt Europees beleid te ontwikkelen inzake veiligheid en justitie.

Excellenties, Dames en Heren,
Onze beide landen die tal van waarden gemeen hebben, en die konden ervaren hoe vaak hun toekomst verstrengeld was, zijn hier vanavond in vriendschap en vertrouwen bijeen. Voortaan zijn het de Europese en Atlantische instellingen die het kader van onze samenwerking zullen bepalen. Nu reeds, weten wij dat zij intens zal zijn, dat zij steeds meer domeinen zal bestrijken en onze volkeren nog meer bij elkaar zal brengen. Wij weten ook dat wij samen belangrijke verantwoordelijkheden dragen. De integratie van ons continent verwezenlijken, er vrede, stabiliteit en ontwikkeling verzekeren, en misschien nog het moeilijkste: een maatschappij tot stand brengen waar het goed is om samen te leven, verdraagzaam en solidair en met eerbied voor elkeen.

Met die gemeenschappelijke toekomst voor ogen wil ik nu het glas heffen op uw gezondheid, Mijnheer de President, op die van Mevrouw Kwasniewska en op de vriendschap tussen onze beide landen.

Some more images of the official welcoming of the Polish president

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 295
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 406
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 707
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 294
a nice one of Mathilde greeting paola

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 314
good view of Mathilde's gala dress. It was really beautiful, only a pity she had to wear that sash :(

Attachments

• red gala.jpg
    red gala.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 336
first gala dinner

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 274
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 277