The Closing Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
Not only the athletes, by the sound of it.
The cheers for the volunteers were really loud - and deserved.

QUEEN! Bohemian Rhapsody!
John Lennon - Imagine!

Two of my all-time favourites. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Freedom! :)
George Michael.

Love the face! Time for a symphony! To start: Georgy with Freedom.

On a purely visual note, I love those light things on everyone's seat!!

Apparently, after "Freedom" George will perform and "White Light".

Last edited:
Elizabeth Windsor@Queen_UK
Edward's on his feet, sequins everywhere. He just adores George Michael

Imagine - the song with the silliest lyrics the world has ever seen. Just such an awful song.

EIIR said:
Imagine - the song with the silliest lyrics the world has ever seen. Just such an awful song.

Or the song with the best lyrics, if you imagine. It makes sense when you listen to it.

I think Imagine is just legendary. Don't even care for the lyrics (although I happen to think they are great) - the music alone is enough to make hearts flutter.
My mother doesn't speak a word of English, and even she sang along. :)

Things are definitely picking up musically although I think one song from George would suffice! And yes the light show is fantastic

It's turned into a concert now for the athletes, I don't like it. There's nothing special.

Please don't dance George Michael :ROFLMAO:

Elizabeth Windsor ‏@Queen_UK
Edward's on his feet, sequins everywhere. He just adores George Michael

Oh oh oh dear, that's naughty ;)

Kaiser Chiefs on stage.
They are performing The Who’s "Pinball Wizard".

I've listened to it many times; the lyrics are still god-awful. It's got a wholly undeserved reputation and yet it's one of the worst songs John ever wrote. I mean, 'imagine there's no countries'? or 'imagine no possessions'? A whole load of lefty hippy nonsense.

I've listened to it many times; the lyrics are still god-awful. It's got a wholly undeserved reputation and yet it's one of the worst songs John ever wrote. I mean, 'imagine there's no countries'? or 'imagine no possessions'? A whole load of lefty hippy nonsense.
Or hope for Utopia? :)
Depends on point of view, really.

Is that Kate Moss? Her picture, I mean.
OK, I just got it: a medley of David Bowie’s iconic songs, culminating in ‘Fashion’.
Celebrating British Fashion. Victoria Beckham got a honorary mention among with Burberry and other British fashion icons.

EIIR said:

It's all in the title. Imagine. I'm one of the most closed minded people and even I get the point. It's hippy, but so what? It's meant to be, only they could come up with the lyrics you describe but it makes sense.

Excuse me, Olympic Games and British Fashion, why? Oh and Kate Moss, Naomi, Lily and some other models. The point?

Think there's a Jagger girl in there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom