The Diamond Jubilee Weekend: June 2-5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread is not working it will only let me view page 1

Is the Queen there? I can't see her.

Is the Queen there? I can't see her.
I think she is. BBC is mainly showing other royals, but I think I caught a glimpse of her once or twice. Meanwhile, two pictures of the Royal Box:
- Picture 1
- Picture 2

And I'm sorry, but Cheryl Cole just can't sing live. Poor Gary.

Last edited:
Live singing is not Cheryl Cole's forte. Will i am did ok without his best mate - auto tune.

I still haven't seen the Queen. At the big pop concert for the Golden Jubilee she arrived towards the end as this is just not her thing.

No offense but Cheryl Cole sounds terrible! Is it just because its live and loses something? everyone else sounded good!

That's an artist who's better off miming. I haven't seen her yet, maybe she will arrive at the end.

The Duchess of Cambridge's fashion outfit info: She's wearing a black Alexander McQueen coat over a patterned blue and purple dress from Whistles. The Duchess of Cornwall is wearing a green dress and jacket by Fiona Clare.

Last edited:
Sophie Wessex is most certainly enjoying herself, swaying to the music :)

At the Golden Jubilee (Pop) Concert 10 years ago, Her Majesty arrived late (about halfway through the concert), making a special entrance. I expect the same procedure this time.

The Queen is not there yet. There are 2 empty seats next to Charles in the royal box, only one will be filled when the Queen arrives.

That's why Cheryl Cole never sings live on X Factor or The Voice. Not even Gary Barlow could rescue her.

Might just be me, but that whole "set up" has ruined the statue of Queen Victoria. I know it's the Jubilee but couldn't this concert be at Hyde Park or even in the grounds of BP.

Gotta LOVE Cliff ;)

Might just be me, but that whole "set up" has ruined the statue of Queen Victoria. I know it's the Jubilee but couldn't this concert be at Hyde Park or even in the grounds of BP.

Gotta LOVE Cliff ;)

He's a legend!
And YEAAAH! Congratulations! :clap:

If anyone has ever been to a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in the UK, that song is used for little children having their birthday. Completely ruined it for me!

Cliff still singing the Lord's Prayer to the tune of Auld Lang Syne. That's pleased my mum though, she's got a soft spot for Sir Cliff.

Holding the concert inside the Palace grounds hugely reduces the number of people who can take part. Having it out at the front means people can join in all along the Mall and in the royal parks.

Never heard of Lang Lang, but I love Jimmy Carr!

Jimmy Carr is quality.

Presumably this is Charles's bit of the concert.

UPDATE!: HM The Queen expected to arrive around 9:30pm before lighting national beacon.

Lang Lang, is fantastic!

Cheryl Cole better do not sing in live :) Cliff is Best for now :flowers:

Loving Lang Lang (accidental alliteration there).

Just seen Lord Nicholas Windsor and his wife Paola.

How can The Queen miss god's gift to women, Alfie Boe? ;)

To me this tune will always be 'just one cornetto...'

Oh my, I just LOVE Alfie Boe! :wub:
What a voice, and one of my favourite songs too.

To me this tune will always be 'just one cornetto...'

I KNEW I recognised it! :flowers: But Alfie saying "Kiss me my darling" I couldn't resist ;)

Just saw the Archbishop of Canterbury on the front row, next to Princess Anne?

Seriously hope that this will be available on DVD!

Last edited:
Alfie Boe can really move.

I have to say the stage setting really works for me. The setting sun really bathes it all in a lovely warm glow.

Poor Prince Harry, he's the butt of so many jokes!

Back
Top Bottom