William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, which is just that my opinion. I think they would marry, announce she was pregnant. Have the baby, "and live happily everafter"!

I would hope so, Or if I were Kate and the shoe fell on the other foot tell him to bugger off .....and show off my bastard Royal baby everywhere, but that is just me.:whistling::p

..... a calculated risk vs a royal bastard? The scandal does not bear thinking!

True. If I remember right, it was speculated that Marina Ogilvy was advised to have an abortion as she get pregnant without being married. I think this was only said by Marina herself and nobody knows if it is the truth, but for me this let me think that the BRF would probably deal it that way.

this is totally off the wall and as its rumors ad musings about Kate and Wills... I'm gong to post an amusing question and look for replies.

There is no ofical engagemnt. but we all kno that Wills and Kate spend time alone together. Close relatioship but not ine pulic eye. They ae aduls and well over the age of consent. Will Kate actually have to be virgin before she marries Wils? I do believe that Dana was a virgin.. and was verified by BP and th powers that be befor she maried Chalres;

My question is this.. sholud the condom break or the pill fail..and Kate does end up pregnant.. what happens?

No Kate won't have to be a virgin if and when she marries Prince William.
If they were married, the child would be legitimate, and become the future king/queen (if the succesion rights change) If not then the child would have no succesion rights. I don't think the BRF would hush up the pregnancy, but they would make it known that the child will be illegitimate. :)

True. If I remember right, it was speculated that Marina Ogilvy was advised to have an abortion as she get pregnant without being married. I think this was only said by Marina herself and nobody knows if it is the truth, but for me this let me think that the BRF would probably deal it that way.

Really? I wonder why Marina Oglivy said this, she isn't that close to the top of the tree is she, it shouldn't really matter if she has a child out of wedlock.

Really? I wonder why Marina Oglivy said this, she isn't that close to the top of the tree is she, it shouldn't really matter if she has a child out of wedlock.

Yes, she claimed that her parents had wanted her to have an abortion. I agree with you, that she's so far away from the throne that it shouldn't matter.
I mean it's only speculating, but if it's true, I think it could be problematical with Kate when she was pregnant before the wedding...

I remember at the time Marina Ogilvy said her parents seen her pregnancy as a terrible scandal on a personal family level but also because Princess Alexandra, who has never been in any trouble, thought it reflected badly on her as a mother and as a member of the Royal Family. It all happeneed around 20 years ago when having illegitimate children wasn't just as common as it is now so it was quite a big deal at the time.

My question is this.. sholud the condom break or the pill fail..and Kate does end up pregnant..
:ohmy: ... Or if Kate got pregnant on purpose. Well it wouldn't be the first time a girl had pulled this trick in order to trap a man. You just never know. ;)

You know what the royals are like with meticulous planning for big events !!! You just don't come along and decide to mess that up...... Kate is no doubt as we speak locked in a wrought iron chastity belt with a combination lock known only to the Queen. They should release her from it by the time the bridal dress fittings are scheduled !!! Should be safe enough at that stage.

That tells me that they both have some very very loyal friends who know the consequences of talking is social ostracism. They don't think the 30 pieces of silver is worth the betrayal.

I agree..I'm not at all suprised that their friends haven't tattled to the press.

Well, I personally wish they would just go and get married already! (then we dont have to worry about abortions and illigetimate children) Im so impatient for this wedding, you can see.

At least I wish that Wills and Kate would get engaged so we can remain hopeful that there WILL be a wedding someday. How old was Prince Charles when he and Diana got engaged, and how long was their engagement?

Prince Charles was 32 and Lady Diana Spencer 19 when they got engaged on February 24, 1981. The wedding took place five months later on July 29, 1981. :flowers:

Prince Charles was 32 and Lady Diana Spencer 19 when they got engaged on February 24, 1981. The wedding took place five months later on July 29, 1981. :flowers:

Doesn't that seem hard to believe now. She was only a child. He was an old 32 as well... very set in his ways. It really didn't have a hope in reality, and yet we all got carried away with the drama and excitement of it all. I well remember taking the day off work to glue myself to the tv for the day.

Well, I personally wish they would just go and get married already! (then we dont have to worry about abortions and illigetimate children) Im so impatient for this wedding, you can see.

At least I wish that Wills and Kate would get engaged so we can remain hopeful that there WILL be a wedding someday. How old was Prince Charles when he and Diana got engaged, and how long was their engagement?

I totally agree with you. I am getting bored waiting for this announcement. If, as is suggested in the papers, Kate is going to take on official charity work next year, she really can't be expected to do this while still being only "the girlfriend". Its ridiculous. She has to be at least elevated to fiancee status. At this stage they will have reached the seven year itch, before she ever gets the veil on !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't that seem hard to believe now. She was only a child. He was an old 32 as well... very set in his ways. It really didn't have a hope in reality, and yet we all got carried away with the drama and excitement of it all. I well remember taking the day off work to glue myself to the tv for the day.

I totally agree with you. I am getting bored waiting for this announcement. If, as is suggested in the papers, Kate is going to take on official charity work next year, she really can't be expected to do this while still being only "the girlfriend". Its ridiculous. She has to be at least elevated to fiancee status. At this stage they will have reached the seven year itch, before she ever gets the veil on !!!

I wasn't aware that she was to take on 'official' charity duties. Could you provide a link to that.

I was aware that there are stories that she is to take a higher profile with the charity that her family company supports but that isn't the same as 'official' charity duties as that would be coming from the Queen and would only be approved after engagement.

Well, I personally wish they would just go and get married already! (then we dont have to worry about abortions and illigetimate children) Im so impatient for this wedding, you can see

The problem with a wedding before William leaves the military is that Kate will be expected to do royal duties alone from the get go without William by her side.

I don't see a wedding until after he has had a year or so full time on his own to establish his position and then introduce a wife otherwise she will get the attention and people will forget why she is even there - because of whom she married, just like they do with Diana. Diana was nothing until she married - I mean who would turn out to see her open a hospital wing if she hadn't married Charles. Her children wouldn't be in the news if their father wasn't Charles. It would be the same with Kate, unfortunately the royal males are overlooked as being the real reason the wife is even noticed.

I wasn't aware that she was to take on 'official' charity duties. Could you provide a link to that.

I was aware that there are stories that she is to take a higher profile with the charity that her family company supports but that isn't the same as 'official' charity duties as that would be coming from the Queen and would only be approved after engagement.
She is referring to this link that was posted a week ago: KATIE NICHOLL: Kate Middleton to do charity work... just like Princess Di | Mail Online
2nd paragraph: " The Middleton camp hopes the move – which will involve an increasing number of charity appearances as well as duties alongside Prince William – will help endear Kate to the British people."

But it's from the yellow press and Katie Nicholl no less (who doesn't have reliable information) so it shouldn't be taken seriously.

She is referring to this link that was posted a week ago: KATIE NICHOLL: Kate Middleton to do charity work... just like Princess Di | Mail Online
2nd paragraph: " The Middleton camp hopes the move – which will involve an increasing number of charity appearances as well as duties alongside Prince William – will help endear Kate to the British people."

But it's from the yellow press and Katie Nicholl no less (who doesn't have reliable information) so it shouldn't be taken seriously.

That is exactly my point - it is from her family in support of the charity they support and NOT from the Palace so therefore not 'official'.

This is the article that I had read.

:previous:
She's been in a relationship with the prince for 8 years and she's JUST considering this now. Unbelieveable. :bang::bang:

It's the middleton family stepping up their charity work to get Kate noticed, not her herself.

She's been in a relationship with the prince for 8 years and she's JUST considering this now. Unbelieveable. :bang::bang:

It's the middleton family stepping up their charity work to get Kate noticed, not her herself.

Seems like another piece of quality journalism, designed to fill pages!

Lumutqueen - I wouldn't be too worries!!!

I am inclined to think that the fact that she's still around means they'll eventually get there.

I am also inclined to think that if history did not rule out such a scenario because his father's triangle had been successful, William would keep Kate as Camilla and marry a suitable candidate who was born into representing a family or even country.

But not possible so it will be either / or: finally marry Kate or split and come up with somebody else without a past at short notice. William still has five, ten years before people will acutally start pressing on the marriage question, no rush.

I think that William is scared to let her get away as he has the example of his father before him - found his soulmate at 20ish but let her get away due to her background and found himself in an unhappy marriage. William fears that and so isn't prepared to risk letting her go and then realising too late that she truly was 'the one'.

I think that William is scared to let her get away as he has the example of his father before him - found his soulmate at 20ish but let her get away due to her background and found himself in an unhappy marriage. William fears that and so isn't prepared to risk letting her go and then realising too late that she truly was 'the one'.

yeah, what a dilemma. what if the soulmate he found in his 20ies turns not out to be 'the one'. he better doesn't get it wrong.

Quite possible. W&K are only 27, so they are quite young by current standards to be pressurised by the whole marriage issue.

yeah, what a dilemma. what if the soulmate he found in his 20ies turns not out to be 'the one'. he better doesn't get it wrong.

I think after several years together shows William believes Kate is the one.

I know we could all look to Sweden's Carl Philip as a reason not to think so, but look at Victoria and Madeleine - several years together before getting engaged. I believe the same will happen with William and Kate.

She's been in a relationship with the prince for 8 years and she's JUST considering this now. Unbelieveable. :bang::bang:.
You're not really choosing choosing to believe that daily star are you?

It's the middleton family stepping up their charity work to get Kate noticed, not her herself
I don't think that Party Pieces are actually doing anything differently this Christmas than last year, it's just that the daily mail needed a story this year. Personally I think supplying the party paraphernalia for the hospital parties is a really nice thing for them to do.

Oh i'm not worried and I don't believe the daily star, my comment was in regards to the fact that how stupid do they think Kate Middleton is?
To be dating a man for 8 years and NOT think about marriage and what it would do to her family. I find it very very annoying. :bang:

The only thing I worry about is the press becoming too much for Kate and ending their relationship. Wouldn't that just break Will's heart? After all they have been together six years and no doubt love each other in some way whether big or small. They really just need to hurry up and get engaged for a couple years and then get married when Will is done with the military. Between the lawsuits and breakups, I'm annoyed!!!

British royals tend to have official engagements of 6 months or so so an engagement over Christmas will mean a wedding next summer (not going to happen due to the election in Britain in my opinion - can't have a royal event overshadowing the politicians and the election is their time) so an engagement after the election and a wedding next winter when William is serving in the SAR is possible with Kate doing full time royal duties for a year or two until he has finished with his military service. Otherwise an engagement in the spring on 2012/2013 with a wedding in the summer of 2012 (highly unlikely due to Jubilee and Olympics) or 2013 - still my bet (and I never win any bets:D:D)

Even if their is to me a marriage next summer I don't think an engagement will be announced before William's trip to NZ and Australia and leaving Kate to the paparazzi alone.

There is something quite perverse in this whole waiting process- for a betrothal announcement 2012 ? will make the Duke ninety one. Ye Gods get on with it already!

There is something quite perverse in this whole waiting process- for a betrothal announcement 2012 ? will make the Duke ninety one. Ye Gods get on with it already!

We are assuming here that they will get engaged but William might simply not be sure and therefore not be prepared to commit himself at this point in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom