Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Remote here knows I am going to be glued to the TV and the internet for this wedding. Its gotten to the point now where he'll point out to me blips about the wedding on the news and has even programmed in wedding specials so that I won't miss them. Bless his little channel flipping heart! :flowers: I don't know if he'll be watching the wedding with me but it would be nice.

that's sweet! my boyfriend saw them on a magazine and bought me one copy! but watch the wedding w/ me would be too much to ask :lol:

I'm still holding onto a small glimmer of hope that they might break with tradition and release one photo from the reception. I'm sure if anything we will eventually hear bits and pieces of what it was like. Plus with the twitter age it wouldn't surprise me if someone managed to get something from the reception. All previous Royal Wedding except Charles and Camilla's weren't in the advanced technology age we are now hence why nothing ever leaked out. Though Sarah did say no one remembered to bring a camera to the reception and with Diana's Lord Lichfield was SUPPOSED to be there but BP made him go develop the official photos while the wedding breakfast was happening so he missed it and spent his time at the lab. Something to do with he said they wanted them out in time for the 6 o'clock news. With Sophie and Edward though we did get one photo of them leaving their reception I believe I posted it in their wedding thread.

we can only hope! a few pictures of the family wouldn't be so bad. As long as they are aware and agree with it, why not?! specially if she changes dresses.
Yesterday I watch again some videos from Victoria and Daniel wedding and they do show way more than the BRF.

Last edited:
Exactly! I could live with no photos if she doesn't change dresses but if she does IMO it'd be a crime not to see any photos of it:lol:

See that article just fueled my need to get as many pics as possible from this wedding!^

the weird thing is how different are the styles of Alice Temperley and Bruce Oldfield? Perhaps Pippa herself will change dresses as well.

I'm not even going to enjoy myself on my trip that day, I'm gonna be on the roller-coasters wondering about the balcony kiss and all the other stuff, this is borderline depressing, but I'll stay up till 6 am that night/morning! XD

How Royal bridesmaid Pippa Middleton kissed goodbye to all the secrecy over her dress designer | Mail Online

Well well well, by the way; I do love the fact that the wedding has its own thread.

If this article is true, I am surprised that Pippa is releasing this information. I would imagine that the designer will be ransacked by the press trying to find out the design of Pippa's dress since in most Royal weddings the design of the bridesmaid's dresses are fashioned after the design of the bride's dress. Therefore, this would confirm that Temperly is the designer of Kate's dress since no designer involved with this wedding is going to happily share his/her design with another designer in order to compliment the design of the bride's dress.

Returning back to the info about royal guests,I wonder if all British peers will be invited.
I do not know how many are they,but I guess if Duke of Northumberland ,Scottish dukes or such socialites as Sophie Hesketh have been invited

If this article is true, I am surprised that Pippa is releasing this information. I would imagine that the designer will be ransacked by the press trying to find out the design of Pippa's dress since in most Royal weddings the design of the bridesmaid's dresses are fashioned after the design of the bride's dress. Therefore, this would confirm that Temperly is the designer of Kate's dress since no designer involved with this wedding is going to happily share his/her design with another designer in order to compliment the design of the bride's dress.

That's seems about right. And also would go with the description from that Huffington Post reporter Yvonne Yorke. After this , Alice Temperley appears to be the most obvious choice, which , if true, makes the fact that she agreed to make a wedding dress sketch for Kate really amusing. http://weddingbellsblog.com/wp-cont...-middleton-wedding-dress-temperley-london.jpg

texankitcat said:

Did I not read the article right? Pippa didn't say/ release a thing- all she did was go to some designers show room which while probably about the wedding isn't necesarily so plus all it said about Bruce was that he was a fav of Dianas and possibly doing a dress for the MOB , I read nothing about sharing designs.... Maybe Pippa is wearing 2 dressed as well , one from each...... So far it seems like speculation still and IMO this article doesn't point to Alice Temperly being the wedding dress designer in any concrete way

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't assume she is doing the bridal dress.

I remember there being a couple of pre wedding events (at least a dinner the night before) and who is to say that Pippa is not going to be changing her dress at all during the day? There is the wedding, the wedding breakfast and the reception? I would think that Kate would be in more than one dress as well.

If, as is said, Kate is going to wear a different dress for the Bash hosted by the PoW, it's a no-brainier that Pippa would change as well.

I just don't see Pippa "throwing her sister's wedding designer to the dogs", I mean Kate and Pippa seem very close and that would definitely ruin their relationship. It's not just friends that would know the secrets but the whole world.

No Way is Temperly doing the wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses. That little secret seems to be locked inside the Palace, figuratively if not in literally.

It has just occured to me that while today we speculate on her wedding dress, one day we may also be speculating on her coronation dress.....:)

It has just occured to me that while today we speculate on her wedding dress, one day we may also be speculating on her coronation dress.....:)

That is very true indeed. I didn't think about that until you mentioned it. I guess for the first time in my life I'm not looking too far ahead (of course we're talking about someone else's life, not mine, so it's a bit easier to not bother looking ahead).

read her sister PIPA along with her mum had been @ Alice Temperly's shop in London..I do like the form fitting BM gowns..I still cannot fathom HRH -to be in a fru fru frock..

read her sister PIPA along with her mum had been @ Alice Temperly's shop in London..I do like the form fitting BM gowns..I still cannot fathom HRH -to be in a fru fru frock..

Now that would be a sight to behold (and I'm not saying that in a positive way either). However, I don't see Catherine as a type who would wear anything that is gaudy and over the top. She strikes as 'simple and elegant' kind of person.

Now that would be a sight to behold (and I'm not saying that in a positive way either). However, I don't see Catherine as a type who would wear anything that is gaudy and over the top. She strikes as 'simple and elegant' kind of person.
Kate has kept too much of a silence on this that the transition period into which the definite form of the wedding dress appears just might destabilize her image.Hopefully Kate will be lovely.

Kate has kept too much of a silence on this that the transition period into which the definite form of the wedding dress appears just might destabilize her image.Hopefully Kate will be lovely.

I hardly think that keeping the details of her wedding dress a total secret is going to do anything but fuel the the speculations of us all on what she might be wearing. The ONLY person that Kate is dressing for on her wedding day is William which is how it should be. I hardly think that Kate is overly worried about what we (or anyone else for that matter) thinks she should or should not be doing as far as her wedding details. She could wear a burlap sack and flip flops and carry dandelions but if that is what William finds her attractive in, that's what she'd do to please him. IMO I'm very very happy that the secrecy of the dress is locked up nice and tight. :D

LOL! Thats a real winner Jaya. I love that she is keeping it an absolute secret. I can't wait to see her coming out of her car and seeing what she has come up with. Weather I like it or not won't matter because at the end of the day its her dress.

Destabilize her image in which sense? in this matter, and as much as I'm curios about,she doesn't owe no one an answer.

LOL.
Maybe if she chooses Galliano, we can come back an really discuss this further

(Sister Morphine, where are you when we most need it?)

Last edited:
Royal wedding: Mystery over Prince William's romantic ride - Telegraph

Mandrake hears that Prince William may be planning to arrive at his wedding on horseback, accompanied by officers of the Household Cavalry’s Mounted Regiment.

Officials at St James’s Palace are keen to play down the suggestion. They insist that the future king intends to arrive by car.

Royal cake takes the biscuit... - Telegraph

The capital’s extensive security plans for the royal wedding – following last weekend’s violence they now include extra stop-and-search powers within a ring of steel – might seem fairly thorough. However, they’re nothing on the security measures in Manchester surrounding Prince William’s alternative wedding cake.

Buses to ferry cut-price Royals to wedding (but Charles insists on a Rolls-Royce) | Mail Online

Think of Royal weddings and you imagine fairytale carriages drawn by well-groomed horses with footmen in red and gold livery riding on the back.

But when Prince William marries Kate Middleton, most of the Royal Family will arrive in a much more prosaic form of coach – the humble minibus.

Last edited:
Personally, I think this is "Smoke & Mirrors" from the Middletons. Everytime Carol & Pippa are seen at a designers Atelier there is some significance to the wedding dress. I think we are all in for a real surprise on the 29th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how this works but can someone tell me exactly how much of the wedding the public will be able to see?? I know we'll be able to see the arrivals and the ceremony...but will cameras be allowed into the reception?

With regard to the arrival of guests, it would be useful to know whether it is correct that the BBC will be broadcasting the whole event from start to fininsh and other TV stations will be showing the same footage live (obviously with their own commentators). I have a feeling that although we will see the arrival of some guests and this will include some of the royals, we will not see as much as we have been used to at other weddings such as the Swedish, Spanish and Danish weddings. BBC commentators are not likely to know who many of the overseas royal guests are and will either get their names wrong or switch over to images of the crowds or views of the Abbey ceiling. We ought to prepare ourselves for a frustrating time because for instance just as Victoria and Daniel arrive the cameras will go and move towards some unknown guests and I'll be shouting "go back go back!!!".

I am hoping the Swedish Wedding will have put the BBC etc. on their mettle and we will get really good commentary from experts who know who's who.

And, with William an Kate taking a leaf out of the SRF wedding and busing in the guests I am hoping their wedding will be as romantic and loving as Victoria and Daniel's and that William goes for another break with tradition and kisses Kate . . . . . . in the Abby!

Ah well, dreams are free. :flowers:

For an events on this scale, the commentators have lists with name and function etc... of each guest. The royals, but also celebrities, members of the Parliament and from each political party, heads of state, ambassadors, Governors General and prime ministers. We'll see the arrivals, the people take their seat inside the Abbaye, the wedding itself, the departure and the procession, the balcony kiss and the appareance of the whole royal family, the flypast, the arrival of the guests inside Buckingham Palace (I just found the arrival of the carriage of Charles and Diana inside the palace courtyard and the arrival of many guests, I had never saw these photos before). We can hope we'll see cameras inside the many rooms where QEII will receive the dignitiaries because things change and the B. Royal Family knows it more than any Royal Family.
This event has generated too much passion and madness throughout the world for the royal family not to use it as much as it can. To capitalize on this young couple, I think it will open the doors of BP. Besides the reception offered by the Prince of Wales in the evening is stamped "private party", so we can hope that the Queen's reception will allow, versus, the cameras of the BBC to have access to the reception including the wedding cake. I can not believe that in receiving so many heads of state, Governors, Prime ministers and Royalty, the Queen does not allow cameras inside BP. Then, in previous marriages, Internet did not exist. The information could not be relayed instantly like today. And there was no major marriage for 30 years in the UK. Edward's marriage was not a major one and it took place shortly after the death of Diana. That of Charles and Camilla was a remarriage that has spilled too much ink. Marriages in Spain, Denmark and Sweden are all marriages of the Internet era, and information transmitted instantaneously to millions of people simultaneously. The British royal family has not had the opportunity to do otherwise.
I want to think this times they are going to surprise us. I hope !!!

Personally, I think this is "Smoke & Mirrors" from the Middletons. Everytime Carol & Pippa are seen at a designers Atelier there is some significance to the wedding dress. I think we are all in for a real surprise on the 29th.

I agree with this; that article in no way suggests that Temperley is the designer of choice for Kate's wedding dress.

Pippa probably needs quite a few clothes for other events.

Also, she and Carole may simply be trying to deflect suspicion from the real designer.

I think they know they can not give too little with what this wedding has generated as articles, press coverage, memorabilia of any kind, the net flooded with blogs and special sites, all television channels and major newspapers in many countries (USA, Europe, Canada, etc...) have created special web pages dedicated to the engagement until the wedding itself for the last 5 months. The royal family has advisers (including those of the Prince of Wales) to guide the conduct of the event in terms of the intensity of the response of public and media (worldwide) since November 16.

I think arriving on horseback with a small contingent would be FABULOUS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom