The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hello" is reporting that the Duchess of Cambridge's parents have been seen on Mustique.

Mr and Mrs Middleton were seen enjoying a party at the "Cotton House" - with Mrs M reported as wearing a printed dress.

Now, the Royal Watching World awaits news of - Princess Charlotte's first International flight, first holiday in the tropics, first splash in the Carribean Sea, all the summer holiday outfits, etc, etc.

(Well, I'm awaiting all that - along with any tidbits about brother George and Mum Kate.)

Last edited:
Happy Birthday to Mrs. Carole Middleton.

Please note that all posts regarding the Spencer family have been deleted as off topic.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Hong Kong seems like a great move. I think Asia might be a great market for this so seems like a natural step :)

James participated in a charity clay pigeon shoot in Reading last week. Here's the article and pics-
James Middleton goes clay pigeon shooting with Denise Lewis | News Online

The event was hosted by Olympic champion Denise Lewis. I think James must be on friendly terms with her because they also sat next to each other at Wimbledon in 2013.

Celebrities Attend Wimbledon 2013 - Day 1 | Getty Images

On a completely separate note, Candy Spelling gave James' company Boomf a shout-out on Twitter. I was mostly amused because of the irony of her first name.
https://twitter.com/CandySpelling/status/730905282495139841

Last edited:
I don't click on the Mail but I saw the article posted in it's entirety on another royal site and I want to make a couple comments.

1. When did this break-up happen? The first time The Mail made that claim the couple refuted it. Also Donna - during these four months- has been favoriting tweets from her fans that say she and James make a cute couple. She seems unaware of this fictional break-up.

2. They claim she had a rebound fling with her friend, Robin?! OMG. :lol: His boyfriend of 10+ years will be shocked by this, poor George. I know the Mail is famous for their fiction, but to pick a gay man who has a live-in boyfriend, that's a new standard for them. They should have stuck to their regular rubbish formula. Say she dumped James for Prince Harry, then say Harry dumped her for Ellie Goulding, at which point she returned to James with her tail between her legs.

Last edited:
:previous: Good for them if true. The club has a long and distinguished history, and allows few members. If the only grounds for the Middletons to be accepted is Kate, then they shouldn't.

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

I guess we all missed Kate being appointed patron last month ?The Wimbledon website says the Queen is still Patron. Pippa is supposedly a member of Queens tennis club. There was a story after the wedding about her becoming the number 1 ladies pair.

To become a member apparently, you need a letter of support from 4 full members and 2 of the 4 must know the applicant for at least 3 years to get on the Candidates list for periodic election. Per the AELTC Wikipedia entry

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
How did we miss Kate being the patron? There is a huge discussion :ermm:

Just because she is the royal patron doesn't mean her family members should get membership. They have very hard guidelines to get in. If Pippa is good enough to meet their tennis standards, then great. But considering many members are Wimbledon champions, I don't know how she would measure up. The only reason either should get in is by merit, not because Kate is patron.

Kate hasn't been named patron. But Old Seb bass from the mail said she has. There was never a official announcement yet. Only talk of her taking over. Harry hasn't taken over the English rugby patron either. He is still just Vice Patron. That's was also part of the story of Queen turning over various patronages to the younger royals. It hasn't happened yet.

I don't believe their a minimum tennis level required to apply. The past single winners are honorary members of the club sort like winning an Oscar can get you into Academy of Motion Pictures.

I don't think any of the Queens patronage handoffs would happen til after the Patrons lunch. I expect the official announcement this year

Kate hasn't been named patron. But Old Seb bass from the mail said she has. There was never a official announcement yet. Only talk of her taking over. Harry hasn't taken over the English rugby patron either. He is still just Vice Patron. That's was also part of the story of Queen turning over various patronages to the younger royals. It hasn't happened yet.

I don't believe their a minimum tennis level required to apply. The past single winners are honorary members of the club sort like winning an Oscar can get you into Academy of Motion Pictures.

There is a 1000 person waiting list and members are members for life, so you basically have to wait till someone dies for a membership to open. To even be considered, you don't simply have to have an interest an skill. You have to be sponsored by a full member (not honorary) and it has to be seconded by three other full members. And still goes to a committee. So if either Middleton suddenly finds themselves a member, something not so above board lead to it. And all those waiting should be angry.

The Easy Way to Become a Wimbledon Member - Bloomberg

The first line of the article is false, so more than likely the rest is to. The Middletons don't a have a problem getting tickets to the tournament and don't lack places to play tennis. I would guess that members can bring a guest along to play. The Middletons know at least 3 members including Kate.

Last edited:
There are so many issues with the article.

As mentioned, he's wrong about her being named patron last month, and yet doubling down on the claim.

And then there's the disparity between "Carole is being helped by Jane" and "she's trading on her royal connections". In fact, if Jane is Carole's doubles partner, then Jane's exactly who you'd expect to be sponsoring her, so the claims that she's trading on Kate are pushing at the bounds of truth, IMO.

When Pippa was at the US open a few years ago, she there as a guest of Roger Federer. So I'm sure the Middletons know many members of Wimbledon.

I hope the entire family become members.

It's seems like Catherine will take an official role at Wimbledon, but the announcemt hasnt been made yet. Don't know what they're waiting on to do so so.

The Middleton's don't have a habit of abusing their connections. They do get invited to Wimbledon and also purchase their own tickets. It would be nice if they became members.

When Pippa was at the US open a few years ago, she there as a guest of Roger Federer. So I'm sure the Middletons know many members of Wimbledon.

I hope the entire family become members.

Wimbledon champion, Marion Bartoli, is also friends with Adam Middleton, Charlotte's godfather.

I guess the BBC mentioned Kate's WWI family connections but didn't elaborate on it. Michael Middleton's paternal grandmother Olive Lupton's brother Lionel was killed at Somme on July 16, 1916. Another brother Maurice was killed April 1915 in France and her last brother Fran was killed in action in 1917. So she lost all her brothers. That's just one side of family tree. Her husband Noel Middleton - Mike's granddad survived the Great War.

I guess the BBC mentioned Kate's WWI family connections but didn't elaborate on it. Michael Middleton's paternal grandmother Olive Lupton's brother Lionel was killed at Somme on July 16, 1916. Another brother Maurice was killed April 1915 in France and her last brother Fran was killed in action in 1917. So she lost all her brothers. That's just one side of family tree. Her husband Noel Middleton - Mike's granddad survived the Great War.

Yes, I heard this being highlighted during the coverage.

THE Duchess of Cambridge's great, great uncle was a Lieutenant who died at the Battle of the Somme after signing up for service alongside Princess Diana's grandfather, Express.co.uk can reveal today.

The Duchess of Cambridge described herself as "emotional" as she visited a memorial to the 480,000 British soldiers who lost their lives in the bloody battle, including her hero relative Lionel Martineau Lupton.

In a remarkable coincidence Lieutenant Lupton attended Trinity College, Cambridge at the same time as Princess Diana's grandfather Albert Spencer, 7th Earl Spencer, where both men studied the same subject.

After studying together in 1910 the two men enrolled at the same time to play their part in the war effort.

But whilst Lieutenant Lupton tragically died aged just 24 at the Somme, Spencer survived the conflict and lived until 1976.
Read more: Kate Middleton's heroic great, great uncle died at the Somme | Royal | News | Daily Express

With a steely stare and those slender cheekbones, it is not difficult to see the similarities between these two remarkable women.

And as Kate continues to ready herself for the onerous duties of a future Queen, the tale of her remarkable great grandmother shows how public service truly runs in the family.

The extraordinary story of Olive Middleton - and the tragedy that beset her family - can be revealed today as Britain remembers the fallen heroes of the Somme.

Born Olive Lupton, she, her three brothers and sister enjoyed the life of aristocratic luxury before Britain was ravaged by the outbreak of the Great War.

She grew up in opulent surroundings at the family's ancestral seat of Potternewton Hall Estate, near Leeds in Yorkshire, after being born into one of the pre-eminent families of her time.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge: Story of Kate's great grandmother Olive who volunteered as a nurse | Royal | News | Daily Express

THE Duchess of Cambridge's great, great uncle was a Lieutenant who died at the Battle of the Somme after signing up for service alongside Princess Diana's grandfather, Express.co.uk can reveal today. After studying together in 1910 the two men enrolled at the same time to play their part in the war effort.
I think we might need to put this story in the fiction section.:lol:

Albert Spencer is only listed as joining in 1917.
Person Page

Lionel Lupton died in 1916.

Lupton is not listed as having died at Somme on peerage.
Person Page

Someone already updated Wikipedia based on the Express story.

A myth continues...and it is spreading.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Peerage is much more reliable than Wikipedia.

The Express is trying to connected Albert Spencer to Lionel Lupton and there is no evidence that the two men knew each other much less joined and fought together.

That makes the story a piece of fiction.

The DM and Telegraph stories from a few years back had Lupton dying at Somme
This part may be true try but that does not mean the Express story has not been fabricated.

All pieces of fiction have bits of facts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom