The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also found it curious that there was nothing in the British media, perhaps Harry, his raves and his being within a one mile radius of Chelsy took up their quota of Royals(and those associated with them)at clubs stories last weekend and we'll get Kate's brother drunk soon. :rolleyes:

I'm rather surprised that it wasn't splashed all over the British tabloids as well -- maybe there's been a warning to the papers not to print stories about the Middleton family, as they are private citizens?

Poor Middletons, but look on the bright side - the three sibs seem to have a close relationship. When I look at the pic only her brother seems a little tipsy.
:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

They do seem like a very close-knit bunch. I wonder sometimes if that's one of the reasons Prince William fell for Kate -- he was welcomed into a normal, close family like hers (one very different from the royal family).

I'm rather surprised that it wasn't splashed all over the British tabloids as well -- maybe there's been a warning to the papers not to print stories about the Middleton family, as they are private citizens?
Being private citizens doesn't normally stop the media in this country. I am beginning to think the whole article was an invention.:flowers:

That may be, Skydragon. I read the scans posted on the previous page, and whoever wrote the article can't even seem to keep James and Michael Middleton straight. At one point the writer claims that "Michael's" girlfriend was trying to keep the press away.

They do seem like a very close-knit bunch. I wonder sometimes if that's one of the reasons Prince William fell for Kate -- he was welcomed into a normal, close family like hers (one very different from the royal family).

Indeed they do seem like a very close knit family. I'll agree with the normal bit, but there is nothing to say that the royal family aren't close, i'd say more than other families.
x

Perhaps the media didn't pick up on it because it really wasn't a big deal. Kate's brother was celebrating his birthday with his family, and it appears that he got a bit tipsy. He didn't break any laws or injure himself or others. Many young people, royal and common, have gotten a bit tipsy on their birthdays (I'm not saying that this is okay, I'm just pointing it out). Maybe the media decided that it wasn't really news, and found something else to write about. Just my opinion. :flowers:

Last edited:
Looking at the photos , James is not the only one who looked a bit drunk, in my opinion,so did Kate. Maybe the photos were not published in UK because James is considered a private citizen.

Maybe the media decided that it wasn't really news, and found something else to write about. Just my opinion. :flowers:

I guess it's possible, but I'm not sure I have that much faith in the British tabloid media. The Mail published personal pictures of James taken from (I think) a Facebook account last year. I can't imagine they'd just give up the chance to post paparazzi snaps of Kate and family taken in a public place.

Looking at the photos , James is not the only one who looked a bit drunk, in my opinion,so did Kate. Maybe the photos were not published in UK because James is considered a private citizen.

I don't think Kate looks drunk from the photos. If you look closely it is the angle the photographer got in the first photo and she covers her face in the second. James and Phippa? look like they had a few too many drinks.:rolleyes::);)

Kate looks drunk in those family outing photos to me.

I've always thought that is an added bonus to their relationship, yes.

Kate may appear drunk to some, but I'd bet all I own that she was not. The paparazzi use one of the photos of her blinking, it happens all the time. Kate would never allow herself to be caught drunk, #1, and #2, I remember stories of her never imbibing years before she met William, always being the sober one in the bunch. Kate drunk is an accusation always hurled at Kate MOSTLY by those who post the most appalling lies at awful internet sites dedicated to trashing her. If some of theories at those places are to be believed, and she is clawing her way to the throne, she would NEVER allow herself to be caught in disarray for fear of how it would be viewed by the Queen and Charles.

So which tall tale peddled at those sites is it: (a) is she the girlfriend who doesn't care about her image and comes staggering out of a club 3 sheets to the wind, or (b) is she the prim & proper Wisteria social climber, very fearful of her image, who holds her pinky out and curtsies to her boyfriend in private?

Re the Middleton family's house. It was purchased by them. It is not an ancestral house. Their business is Party Pieces. It sells things for childrens parties, various lines, including a princess line. This is the sort of business that may not fare so well in a credit crunch. I believe this family is middle class, not upper class. Any money comes from his side, not from the mother's side of the family.

So which tall tale peddled at those sites is it: (a) is she the girlfriend who doesn't care about her image and comes staggering out of a club 3 sheets to the wind, or (b) is she the prim & proper Wisteria social climber, very fearful of her image, who holds her pinky out and curtsies to her boyfriend in private?

Probably a bit of both.

Regarding the photographs published in the Australian magazine and not in the UK press. They don't have a problem publishing photographs of Harry, yet not one of James urinating in a public place. Great uncle for a future royal nephew, I don't think.

I don't understand. When "normal" people are drunk and embarrassed themselves for example when they vomit on the street it's no problem. When Wills or Harry are drunk is not so bad. But when Middletons are drunk is tragedy. I don't feel respect for people who tease Kate or others becouse of that but they drunk so much themselves.

First of all I have never behaved like that, or been even remotely drunk. Secondly this is the family who aspire to have their daughter join the Royal Family, and contrary to what some may wish to believe she has been observed staggering drunk from clubs and wriggling around on the floor like a worm, while some friend did a conga over her. She having consumed more than a few too many. It's tough on her but if she wants to project herself as Miss Demure and then does things like that it is a touch hypocritical, don't you think. And what her brother has been photographed doing is the least of what he''s done, playing with dead animals, and that's putting it mildly. It's all there, on the internet and on the forums. Go take a look.

I don´t know about the Queen but even I wouldn´t want her or her family to join my family and that is for sure.

Secondly this is the family who aspire to have their daughter join the Royal Family
No, this is the family you believe aspire to have their daughter join the Royal Family. To me they are just people trying to go about their lives while putting up with the intrusion of people like us because their daughter is dating William. :rolleyes:
And what her brother has been photographed doing is the least of what he''s done, playing with dead animals, and that's putting it mildly. It's all there, on the internet and on the forums. Go take a look.
Why would anyone care about her brother or what he does? Did I miss something, is he the one dating William now? Kate is not responsible for her brother or his actions.

I don´t know about the Queen but even I wouldn´t want her or her family to join my family and that is for sure.

Probably good that you're not William's parent or grandparent, then. As far as I can tell, HM and Prince Charles seem to be fine with having Kate in their grandson/son's life.

Probably good that you're not William's parent or grandparent, then. As far as I can tell, HM and Prince Charles seem to be fine with having Kate in their grandson/son's life.

I am pleased that there is someone who knows what the Queen and Prince Charles think. :whistling: I said that I would not want her, or her family connected to mine. :nonono:

I am pleased that there is someone who knows what the Queen and Prince Charles think. :whistling:

I never claimed to know what either of them think; you're misinterpreting my post. If you read what I wrote, you'll note that I said: "As far as I can tell, HM and Prince Charles seem to be fine with having Kate in their grandson/son's life." I don't think you have to have access to people's brains to observe that their gestures, like inviting Kate to family events, suggest their tacit approval.

Bottom line: the last thing I want to do is get into this spiteful go around again about whether or not Kate is the worst woman in the entire world or the best thing since sliced bread. It's silly, petty, and it never goes anywhere.

----contrary to what some may wish to believe she has been observed staggering drunk from clubs and wriggling around on the floor like a worm, while some friend did a conga over her.
You must have been privy to more than was available in the entire media to state this. From what has been available to the rest of us mere mortals, I can't say I have ever seen any evidence of Kate staggering drunk or wriggling around on the floor. We did see a couple of photo's of her after she had taken a tumble while on roller skates.

Time to move on.

Time to end the discussion regarding James' Middleton's birthday party. Its also time to end the comments regarding on what the Royal Family thinks of Kate Middleton and her family. Its also time to move on from discussing Kate's unproven antics. Unless someone can produce pictures and/or legit news sources, its all speculation.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Thank you.

Zonk

The thread for Kate Middleton: Family, Wealth and Background is now reopened.

Several posts have been deleted as they were posted after my warning that it was time to move on. If anyone had a problem with my warning, than by all means please feel free to discuss this with me via PM.

What is not acceptable is continuing to talk over me and disregard my warning. I would like to remind everyone of the following that that EVERYONE agreed to when they joined The Royal Forums:

• It is mandatory to comply with instructions posted by the moderators and administrators. Complaints about moderator actions should not be made in the threads; instead, send a private message to the moderator concerned or an administrator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or an administrator; do not repost deleted material or interfere with moderator edits.
If anyone has any questions, please contact any of the British moderators and/or TRF administrators via PM.

Thank you.

Zonk

Last edited:
I never claimed to know what either of them think; you're misinterpreting my post. If you read what I wrote, you'll note that I said: "As far as I can tell, HM and Prince Charles seem to be fine with having Kate in their grandson/son's life." I don't think you have to have access to people's brains to observe that their gestures, like inviting Kate to family events, suggest their tacit approval.

Bottom line: the last thing I want to do is get into this spiteful go around again about whether or not Kate is the worst woman in the entire world or the best thing since sliced bread. It's silly, petty, and it never goes anywhere.

I see that my post saying that up until now Kate doesn´t seem to have been invited to what I would call family events has been deleted.
Never have I said that Kate is the worst woman in the entire world, in fact in this post by Ella K is the very first time I have read these words written about her.
I don´t think it is silly or petty to mention that she does not, in my opinion appear to be the right person to be a future Queen of England, or does her family seem to be the right family to be linked with the royal family in the future.
Kate seems to have had advice about how to deal with the media and has wisely kept out of sight or she really isn´t seeing that much of the Prince,and that could be for any number of reasons so there is not much to say about her lately.
Her sister seems to be keeping a low profile, so there doesn´t seem to be anything to say about her.
Her brother seems to be unable to do the same thing but we have to move on from his antics.
Her father seems to be working hard to make his money and is never seen.
Her mother appears occasionally with her children shopping and the unmentionable time when James .......
The wealth, whether there are fairy tales or not about it seems to have been made and is still being made.
So really this thread about Kate Middleton, her family and family wealth seems to have died a natural death and has been reduced to little innuendos about people being catty and spiteful (which have not been deleted I notice but seem to be an attack on anyone having a different opinion).
Why have a thread about Kate and her family when it can´t be discussed?
That is my question.

The posts that were deleted had precious little to do with Kate's family, they were the usual tired old criticisms of Kate and how much or little she works and whether she's discreet and how much she drinks and whether she'd be a suitable wife for William. If the discussion about her family has died a death, that's fine - just let it die. The lack of on-topic content doesn't mean that off-topic stuff is welcome, especially after repeated requests by one of the forum moderators to drop the off-topic stuff.

Also, please note that Zonk's post said that people who had questions about moderator actions should address them to a moderator by PM. Not by continuing to derail the thread. So if you want to respond to this post, please do it by PM, or don't complain if yet another off-topic post is deleted.

Last edited:
Having very recently endured a Princess themed party, the range is a success as far as the dozens of little girls were concerned. :princess::princess3::sleeping:

Never have I said that Kate is the worst woman in the entire world, in fact in this post by Ella K is the very first time I have read these words written about her.

I wasn't quoting you, Menarue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom