The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge undertook her first public engagement since returning from her holiday in Mustique on Thursday. The pregnant Duchess joined Sir Ben Ainslie in Portsmouth to visit the site of Ben Ainslie Racing and the 1851 Trust headquarters. Dressed in a cream MaxMara coat, Kate looked tanned and radiant as she toured the sailing facility. She then visited Spinnaker Tower, meeting local community leaders this afternoon and viewing the display items in the viewing platform. .

Home - ITNSource News

I like how officials were looking out for Catherine when she tried the sailing winch simulator. She seemed to enjoy it a bit too much and had to remind herself that she's expecting, lol.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge in Portsmouth today

Belga Pictures

Belga Image - Editorial

Old 02-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge undertook her first public engagement since returning from her holiday in Mustique on Thursday. The pregnant Duchess joined Sir Ben Ainslie in Portsmouth to visit the site of Ben Ainslie Racing and the 1851 Trust headquarters. Dressed in a cream MaxMara coat, Kate looked tanned and radiant as she toured the sailing facility. She then visited Spinnaker Tower, meeting local community leaders this afternoon and viewing the display items in the viewing platform. .

Home - ITNSource News

I like how officials were looking out for Catherine when she tried the sailing winch simulator. She seemed to enjoy it a bit too much and had to remind herself that she's expecting, lol.
Haha, I love that she forgot she was pregnant :P Just because the whole world is focused on her bump every time she steps out doesn't mean she is thinking about it all the time :P
Old 02-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the story about the high visibility vests. Kate, George and Lupo all got one but none for Wills. You know he like - hey future King here, where is my vest. 😛

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-12-2015, 06:56 PM
Majesty

Video from today
Old 02-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Majesty

Catherine looks so lovely, and happy. She's glowing. It's delightful to see her so hands-on, and painting with the children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I like the story about the high visibility vests. Kate, George and Lupo all got one but none for Wills. You know he like - hey future King here, where is my vest. 😛
Perhaps Will is very bad at being the seeker playing hide and seek and the vests will make it a tad easier for him. Or perhaps his trusty white steed's eyesight is going south on him. There could be all kinds of reasons Will's family will need to wear the vest.

I wonder how long its going to be before George catches on to this stuff and ask his parents "What did you bring me home from work today?"
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-13-2015, 07:25 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Catherine looks so lovely, and happy. She's glowing. It's delightful to see her so hands-on, and painting with the children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
She DOES look lovely, doesn't she? She's glowing with good health and energy. It looks as if the vacation did wonders for her, she seems very relaxed. She's finally settled into the pregnancy, and I hope the rest of it goes as well for her.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Perhaps Will is very bad at being the seeker playing hide and seek and the vests will make it a tad easier for him. Or perhaps his trusty white steed's eyesight is going south on him. There could be all kinds of reasons Will's family will need to wear the vest.

I wonder how long its going to be before George catches on to this stuff and ask his parents "What did you bring me home from work today?"
Do you think they take it home and use it? I would think they just save it with all their other gifts unless it's something extra. Although, that soccer shirt she said William wouldn't like... I can see her putting it on George just to tease William :P
Old 02-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Majesty

Lovely, nice and sweet: The verdict in Portsmouth on the Duchess of Cambridge - Portsmouth News
Quote:
Liam Evens, 12, is in Year 8 at Charter Academy in Southsea.

He said: ‘At first I was scared. I was excited to meet her because she’s the future Queen.

‘When I did meet her I realised that she was a bit more relaxed than I thought she would be and she’s a nice person.

‘She asked me what paintings I painted and she complimented them.

‘It’s nice that the future Queen has spoken to me because meeting someone important makes you feel good inside.’

Abigail Hopkins, 12, in Year 8, said: ‘I felt proud because it was a 
once-in-a -lifetime experience and I felt special because of how important she is to us.’

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joanna Bryce is the head of art at Charter Academy.

She said: ‘It was a brilliant experience for the children, a 
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for them to showcase their work and to meet the Duchess of Cambridge so they were very excited.

‘She was lovely. She was very polite.

‘I think the children were a little bit shell-shocked and a little bit nervous about meeting her but she was extremely lovely to talk to and polite and great with the kids.’

Ms Bryce said the children have enjoyed painting the mural.

‘They loved it. They’re very proud of it. They’re very proud to show it off and talk about the bits that they contributed to.’

Chloe Larcom, 15, is a Year 11 pupil at Park Community School in Leigh Park.
She said: ‘It was amazing. I was excited. Everyone kept saying that she’s kind and lovely and it’s true, she is.’
Old 11-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Majesty

Sir Ben mentions both W&K but because Catherine is Patron of 1851 Trust I'll post here.

Quote:
Four-time Olympic champion Sir Ben Ainslie has spoken of his desire to get the country behind his ambition to bring the America’s Cup to Britain.

The 38-year-old former Truro School pupil said that gaining the support of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for his Land Rover BAR team was a boost to the plan to broaden the appeal of sailing.

His comments come as Land Rover BAR announced a £47 million boost for the UK economy created by the 2015 Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series (ACWS) held in Portsmouth this July, with a greater boost expected for the second event next summer.

He said the creation of the 1851 Trust, which both he and the Duchess of Cambridge are patrons of, and the Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation, which encourage youngsters to get involved in sailing, were a major part of the planned legacy from the America’s Cup bid.
Read more: Sir Ben Ainslie hails Prince William and Kate for America’s Cup bid support | Western Morning News
Old 12-08-2015, 08:06 PM
Majesty

Source: Court Circular

Kensington Palace

8th December, 2015

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, the 1851 Trust, this morning attended a Board Meeting at Kensington Palace.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-08-2015, 09:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm glad the court is now in the habit of publishing her meetings. At first they weren't doing so. Let's everyone know that even when you don't see her out publically, she's working behind the scenes.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Majesty

SportsAid ‏@TeamSportsAid
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at #ICAPCharityDay. They will ‘close deals’ to raise money for SportsAid and other charities!

SportsAid ‏@TeamSportsAid
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge is the Patron of SportsAid:

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge teaming up with SportsAid at ICAP annual Charity Day - News - Welcome to the future of British sport - SportsAid
Old 01-31-2016, 05:45 AM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge as Patron of the AELTC & Lawn Tennis Association

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
Exciting for tennis fans: The Queen will reportedly pass on her Wimbledon role to the Duchess of Cambridge this year

Queen lobs Wimbledon role to Kate | The Sunday Times
Old 01-31-2016, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
British Royals ‏@britishroyals
Exciting for tennis fans: The Queen will reportedly pass on her Wimbledon role to the Duchess of Cambridge this year
The passing of this patronage from the Queen to Kate doesn't come as a big surprise to me but seems to feel like passing on a patronage that will fit Kate like a pair of snug gloves. It will probably remain with Kate until, as Queen Consort, she passes it down the line to her successor.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-31-2016, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages

The Wimbledon patronage just screamed Kate. The Queen never appeared to be a huge tennis fan and Kate is. The same thing with the English Rugby Union and Harry. The Queen is also patron of the Welsh Rugby Union too. I wonder if that would be turned over to William?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-31-2016, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The news papers have been making quite a big deal of the Queen handing over these sporting patronages. However these are not sports that the Queen is much a fan of or has done much with - she hasn't attended rugby matches for over 20 years according to the Daily Mail and attending Wimbledon has been rare and when she does it looks like its the most boring engagement ever for the Queen.
It seems an obvious choice for it to be given to Kate who is passionate about tennis. Look forward to this being announced in the near future.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:09 PM
Majesty

It's the Duke of Kent as President that has the high profile for The All England Club and attends most days of the Wimbledon tournament.

HMQ has only visited 4 times in her entire reign.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-31-2016, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Even though QEII will be handing the patronage over to Kate, I still see the DoK being present throughout the tournament.