Pippa and James Matthews and Family 1: May 2017 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to Pippa. https://www.uwtsd.ac.uk/news/press-...to-be-presented-at-luxembourg-conference.html

Now that she has a Masters (with Distinction) I wonder if she'll be tempted to go for a Doctorate? Either way with her going to Luxembourg to present her research in September I think we can safely assume her baby isn't due in early-mid September.

Congrats to Pippa! The article states the research will be presented - not necessarily Pippa presenting. Her thesis supervisor may be presenting, or Pippa was part of a group of researchers that produced a paper.

Wonderful news and congratulations to Pippa!

From the latest pictures, she looks almost the same before giving birth to Grace. I think baby 3 will be here late this month or beginning of August.

And congratulations! If she has a girl, grandparents Carole and Michael will have 3 grandsons and 3 granddaughters :)

It is rather uncommon to release a press statement to inform the public that a particular piece of research is to be presented at a conference. That happens each and every day. I guess the university made sure to benefit from Pippa status as 'sister of' to garner some attention.

From the latest pictures, she looks almost the same before giving birth to Grace. I think baby 3 will be here late this month or beginning of August.

And congratulations! If she has a girl, grandparents Carole and Michael will have 3 grandsons and 3 granddaughters :)

For what it’s worth I think the baby will be born next month and be a girl

Her daughters will be even closer in age than Catherine and Pippa, and they were close (’82 and ’83).

I had a feeling she was due soon since she didn’t attend her graduation ceremony. Also at the Jubilee she looked very similar to how she did at Eugenie’s wedding and she had her son only a couple days after the wedding.

It is rather uncommon to release a press statement to inform the public that a particular piece of research is to be presented at a conference. That happens each and every day. I guess the university made sure to benefit from Pippa status as 'sister of' to garner some attention.

Similar to your thoughts but I wondered if they do issue this type of press release regarding pieces of research but nobody other than academics picks up on it, except this time because of the name the broader media picked it up.

Similar to your thoughts but I wondered if they do issue this type of press release regarding pieces of research but nobody other than academics picks up on it, except this time because of the name the broader media picked it up.

Most universities don't share a press release because someone is attending a conference. Presenting at a conference is a normal part of worklife for an academic. However, it seems that this university likes to send out press releases about individual graduates as I found multiple messages with a picture of an individual graduate and a short story about said graduate at their website - and the special thing about this graduate is that she will present her research at a conference.

I have to admire the way Pippa and her husband manage to live under the radar and protect their privacy.

Arthur Michael William
Grace Elizabeth Jane.

Among the names of the little one maybe Carole is included?

Thanks, so we've got

Parents:
Philippa Charlotte Middleton
James Spencer Matthews

Grandparents:
David Matthews (father: Wallace Matthews)
Jane Spencer Parker (father: Robert Spencer Parker)
Michael Francis Middleton (parents: Peter Middleton & Valerie Glassborow)
Carole Elizabeth Goldsmith (parents: Ronald Goldsmith & Dorothy Harrison)

Uncles and aunts:
Spencer George Matthews (married to Vogue Williams)
Michael Matthews (passed away at age 22 at Mount Everest)
Catherine Elizabeth Middleton (married to William Arthur Philip Louis)
James William Middleton (married to Alizée Thevenet)

Cousins:
George Alexander Louis
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
Louis Arthur Charles
Theodore (Matthews)
Gigi (Matthews)
(boy)

For her siblings several names (in color) were already used, so either Carole or Catherine (or both) seems rather likely (as one of three names most likely - I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte turns up as a middle name either given that it's Philippa's middle name (and also used by her niece)):

Siblings:
Arthur Michael William Matthews
Grace Elizabeth Jane Matthews

Last edited:
The cousins full names on James’ side of the family are:

Theodore Michael Matthews
Gigi Margot Matthews
Otto James Matthews

It’s lovely how both Spencer and James have remembered their brother Michael when naming their children.

I would love to know what they plan to call their little girl. But I have a few ideas myself that I want to put out there, using family names and names with the same feel as Arthur & Grace…

Dorothy Catherine Olive Matthews
Dot Matthews
Dotty Matthews
Dot COM ?

(Cousins Dot & Lot ❤️)

Dorothy - from Dorothy Goldsmith, Carole’s mother
Catherine - the beloved sister and aunt
Olive - from Olive Christiana Lupton Middleton

I admit it is heavy on the Middleton side but hey, Pippa deserves it!

Yayy...a lovely classic name, just like Arthur and Grace.?

That name fits in really well with the other names in the family. I am curious to know what her middle names are...

I love that they used Rose. It fits perfectly with Arthur & Grace.

I am going to speculate about middle names, since their pattern is to use 2 and they are family names. I like the idea of:

Rose Catherine Alice Matthews
(Catherine obviously, Alice for Alizee, Pippa’s sisters ��)

Or maybe she will just use Alizee rather than an anglicised version. Perhaps Elise or maybe Margaret, the only royal I know that was given the name Rose (Princess Margaret Rose)

Rose Catherine Margaret Matthews

I love that they used Rose. It fits perfectly with Arthur & Grace.

I am going to speculate about middle names, since their pattern is to use 2 and they are family names. I like the idea of:

Rose Catherine Alice Matthews
(Catherine obviously, Alice for Alizee, Pippa’s sisters ��)

Or maybe she will just use Alizee rather than an anglicised version. Perhaps Elise or maybe Margaret, the only royal I know that was given the name Rose (Princess Margaret Rose)

Rose Catherine Margaret Matthews
Pippa isn't royal, so no need to use a name from the royal family other than her sister's.

Within the family there is also Lady Rose (Victoria Birgitte Louise) Gilman, younger daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester; currently 38th in line to the throne - 11th at the time of her birth.

Pippa isn't royal, so no need to use a name from the royal family other than her sister's.

Within the family there is also Lady Rose (Victoria Birgitte Louise) Gilman, younger daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester; currently 38th in line to the throne - 11th at the time of her birth.

I know she ain’t royal but through Catherine, Pippa and the Middletons have established a close personal relationship/association with the royal family. I am sure the naming of a child is not a strategic move on their part to ingratiate themselves further into the inner circle, but they also would act in a way not to sabotage/alienate it either?

IMO it's quite odd to pick something that had been neither used in their own family nor used by someone they know personally as the middle name. From the name of their older kids it seems that they're doing so, middle names came from their parents or siblings while they chose whatever they want for first name (Yes I don't think their choice of Arthur and William is really related to the DoC William). I guess they will also follow the pattern this time. While I agree Carole and Catherine are quite possible, I'm wondering will they choose names from the older generation this time. Maybe from Rose's great grandparent? I think Valerie will be a nice choice.

More information is being dropped about the country home that Pippa and her husband have recently bought.

To me it sounds like it must be Barton Court in Kintbury. (Hungerford).

Today Emily Prescott is reporting that the house they bought was owned formally by a famous furniture designer.

(And this Terence Conran house was reported, a few weeks ago, as being sold off.)

The descriptions of Mr Conran’s estate … there are many articles about it from his days there, Vanity Fair, Daily Mail etc … match the descriptions of the house Pippa is said to have purchased.

The acreage, sale price/purchase price, Georgian architecture, being restored by Mr Conran and Pippa and her husband buying a property restored by it’s previous owner, Pippa’s new house having a shop by the former owner, Mr Conran having a shop, and so on.

Well, it’s big, I’ll say that. Good for them.

Last edited:
Pippa, James, James and Alizee attended the Van Straubenzee Carole Concert on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom