The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-09-2019, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
There sure is but as others have pointed out, international diversity isn't exactly something they won't be exposed to going forward. If anything, the international diversity will just grow the further up the kids move in the educational system. The same can't quite be said for economic diversity which I'd argue is even more crucial for a future monarch to be exposed to from an early age.
The statement that I've put in bold letters is something that made me remember the Wales boys and their upbringing. They may have gone to the best of boarding schools for their education but there's no way it can be said that both William and Harry weren't exposed to life in the lower economic levels and the worries and hardships that people endured in every day life. Charles and Diana wanted their boys to know the "normal" ways of life for different people of different classes and economic hardships outside of their "privileged" background.

With this in mind, I'm sure that William remembers all of this very well and he and Kate will want to raise their children to be aware of the things that affect *all* the people. William, I believe, because of his upbringing to know how the "other half" lives had a big influence on his work in SAR and EAAA. In service to the people. I sincerely believe that this is a big lesson that he'll want his children to learn and learn very well. Especially George.

A lot of very important education is not done in the classroom but also by the example and teachings of the parents, themselves.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The statement that I've put in bold letters is something that made me remember the Wales boys and their upbringing. They may have gone to the best of boarding schools for their education but there's no way it can be said that both William and Harry weren't exposed to life in the lower economic levels and the worries and hardships that people endured in every day life. Charles and Diana wanted their boys to know the "normal" ways of life for different people of different classes and economic hardships outside of their "privileged" background.

With this in mind, I'm sure that William remembers all of this very well and he and Kate will want to raise their children to be aware of the things that affect *all* the people. William, I believe, because of his upbringing to know how the "other half" lives had a big influence on his work in SAR and EAAA. In service to the people. I sincerely believe that this is a big lesson that he'll want his children to learn and learn very well. Especially George.

A lot of very important education is not done in the classroom but also by the example and teachings of the parents, themselves.
The statement you've put in bold is taken out of context when read in bold since it clearly refers to the educational system I don't disagree that William and Kate undoubtedly will do their best to introduce their children to diversity during their upbringing.

But I'd say there's a fairly big difference between growing up amongst people with different economic backgrounds and seeing the brunt of economic hardships from a distance. That's not to diminish Charles and Diana's efforts in making their sons aware of problems outside the privileged life of a royal which I've always found very admirable – and I think William's work with Centrepoint has always been immensely important – but I think it's fairly naïve to equate the two things. Awareness of life outside your own privileged bubble becomes real in a very different way when it's a part of your everyday life – which it will if it concerns your friends and/or school mates.

Old 09-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The quality of private education - as with all education - here in the UK really does depend on the area one lives in IMO. I live in south east/greater London and most of the private schools here do provide a better quality of education than the state/public schools, however I went to a private secondary school but left halfway through to attend a state school because the education there was very poor - the state school I went to was a lot better and I gained higher exam results there than I did at the private school I'd previously attended (and my state school was "only" rated Ofsted good). At the private school I had attended, teachers were always leaving and there was a clear student bias in the teachers and pastoral care was pretty much non-existent. I've completely lost my faith in the private system as a result, and will be sending my future children, if I have any, to state schools ideally.
But, that won't be the case for any royal children as they will be sent to some of the country's best schools, where they're guaranteed to get a much better secondary education than I did!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-11-2019, 08:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Charlotte, with by her father, the Duke of Cambridge, and mother, the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George, arriving for her first day of school at Thomas's Battersea in London.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDryL6nX...name=4096x4096

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/1344984

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2...this_event_adp

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...chool,_london?

VIDEO

https://twitter.com/i/status/1169522839181041666

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Battersea.html

Prince George has really grown tall since we last saw him on his first day at this school two years ago. Two years, wow, where does the time go.