Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: February 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Victoria! she looks so sad! she should have been very closed to this man!

The royal couple and crown princess Victoria hosted today a luncheon at the palace on the occasion of the Nordic Council's 61st session, taking place in Stockholm 27-29 October. Among the guests were the Swedish Industry and Deputy Prime Minister Maud Olofsson, prime minister of Iceland Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir, prime minister of Norway Jens Stoltenberg, prime minister of Finland Matti Vanhanen and prime minister of Denmark Lars Løkke Rasmussen.
Kronprinsessan Victoria bjöd Nordens statsministrar på lunch på slottet - Svensk Damtidning

Nina Eldh, the court´s informationchef, confirms that Daniel Westling has been vaccinated against the swine flu. Because of his kidney transplant he belongs to highest risk-groups who get the vaccination first. The other members of the royal family must wait for the vaccination at least two weeks. Both the king and the queen have earlier said that they will take the vaccination.
Daniel vaccinerad - de andra får vänta - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

Thank you so much for posting pictures!:flowers: It's so nice to see Prince Carl Philip again; he seems to be in seclusion most of the time!:lol:

:previous: Yes, we don't get to see his handsome face very much.

i love princess madeleine coat any one know the designer

Yesterday the royal couple and crown princess had following great event:

"Middag för medlemmar ur Council of Presidents, Kungliga slottet"

Queen Silvia, King Carl XVI Gustaf and Crown Princess Victoria attend
the annual meeting of the Swedish Academy in Stockholm Sunday,
December 20, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen about the royal family´s Christmas:
Nina Eldh, the informationschef of the court, tells that the royal family celebrates at the Drottningholm Palace. Daniel Westling and Jonas Bergström will spend Christmas with their families, Daniel in Ockelbo and Jonas in Djursholm.
King hasn´t previously allowed Daniel and Jonas to participate in traditional celebrations at the Palace, because of the royal etiquette, which says that Victoria, Madeleine and Carl Philip have to be engaged or married to celebrate Christmas together with their respectives. This time Daniel and Jonas would be welcomed to spend Christmas with the royal family, but they choose to be with their families. Victoria and Madeleine will go after couple of days to Daniel and Jonas.
Victoria firar utan sin Daniel - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

Is the King really that strict? Both couples are engaged to be married this year, and should be able to have their fiancee's spend Christmas with the Princesses...it seems secretive and arcaic to me, what a shame...

Patra, you misunderstood.
Both Daniel Westling and Jonas Bergström were invited to Drottningholm Palace for Christmas, now that they are engaged to the Princesses - only before the engagements, this was never the case.
Anyhow, both fiancés refused the invitation.
According to the report, CP Victoria is going to stay with her parents over the whole of Christmas, as do Princess Lilian and Princess Christina with her family, while Princess Madeleine already leaves on Boxing Day to spend the other days with her fiancé Jonas and his family.

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria attended the Christmas concert at the Stockholm Palace Church today, which was broadcast on Swedish TV.
Here's a link to the complete video, with CP Victoria holding a reading around 17.30min.:

Julkonsert i Slottskyrkan - Kungahuset | SVT Play

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria attended the Christmas concert at the Stockholm Palace Church today, which was broadcast on Swedish TV.
Here's a link to the complete video, with CP Victoria holding a reading around 17.30min.:

Julkonsert i Slottskyrkan - Kungahuset | SVT Play

Thanks for the link. I have watched the video but it stopped just after the Crown Princess read. I think I have to try it again. It was possible to see the royal couple and the Crown Princess a few time. In my oppinion they looked a bid tired. Maybe it was a long birthdaynight for the Queen!

I wish all of you a merry, merry Christmas:merryxmas:!!!

The King, the Queen and the Crown princess arriving to the Palace Church
SVT

Today evening the annual programme "Aret med kungafamiljen" will be shown on the swedish TV channel SVT. It will be online for a few days, I think. So we have the opportunity to watch the programme even if wer do not life in Sweden. I really look forward to watch the video. I think the video will be avaiable on this link:
Kungahuset | svt.se

New year holidays:
The crown princess and Daniel spend turn of the year in Storlien.

On which places was the king and queen, Princess Madeleine with Jonas and Prince Carl Philip?

Crown Princess Victoria, Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf arrive to
an official dinner at the Royal Castle in Stockholm, Sweden, February
11, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

I don't know what's more inexplicable and annoying about this representation dinner:
That CP Victoria attends alone, without her fiancé; or that she's wearing one of her ugliest dresses ever; or that Queen Silvia wears a dress from 1991; or that The King makes no attempt to act as if he was enjoying himself, the occasion and his company.

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/18419834.html

I don't know what's more inexplicable and annoying about this representation dinner:
That CP Victoria attends alone, without her fiancé; or that she's wearing one of her ugliest dresses ever; or that Queen Silvia wears a dress from 1991; or that The King makes no attempt to act as if he was enjoying himself, the occasion and his company.

Picture details

Isn't it strange that Daniel isn't accompanying her at this dinner? Who decides when he appears and why/why not?

It's really disappointing to see Victoria attending this dinner alone. How many times did we see her and Daniel at an event together during their whole enagagement time (so far)? 4 or 5 times? :ermm:
suztav said:
Who decides when he appears and why/why not?
Whoever decides this: this decisions are really useless and weird.

Whoever decides this: this decisions are really useless and weird.
I couldn't agree more.
It's very strange how the Royal Court and the engaged couple have been dealing with the engagement period, apart from the months immediately following Daniel Westling's surgery, which of course left no room to focus on creating a public picture as a couple by joint appearances.
But with only four months to go until the wedding, CP Victoria still projects the image of a solitary, single woman, and her fiancé has not really started to collect any experience with his future role.

Regarding the 'Who decides' question: In this case, it's easy to answer.
The King hosts these annual representation dinners for members of Swedish society at Stockholm Palace. So either Daniel Westling did not receive an invitation from him or he felt unable to attend.

Additionally: there has been many rumors spread around last week, that Daniel´s health has dramatically decreased. He denied this rumors "he never felt better"..... so this event would have been a phantastic opportunity to tell the contrary to all rumors....
BYe Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom