Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 4: October 2006 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl-Philip desperatly needs an haircut!

I totally agree with you rop81 - Carl Philip needs a haircut asap

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine arrive for the premiere of the ballet "Cendrillon" at the Royal Opera in Stockholm, Sweden Wednesday. "Cendrillon" or "Cinderella" is choreographed by Jean-Christophe Maillot to music written by Sergei Prokofiev. Photo: Claudio Bresciani / SCANPIX / Kod 10090

Madeleine 1: ANP Beeldbank
Madeleine 4: ANP Beeldbank

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I don't think I have seen Madelaine looking any better then this very often. She looks great! Her tan isn't to omnipresent and her smile is lovely as always. The hair pulled back is rather different for her, it gives her a more mature look, and less Barbie-like. And take a look at those enormous blue eyes!

Thanks for the pictures. Madeleine hasnt looked good in awhile, its great to see her not so tanned. her overall look was nice, very clean and classic. I dont like her hair color though

thank you also for the beautiful pictures from Madeleine nice to see from her.

As for Princess Madeleine, I am not sure at all that she is wearing coloured contact lenses; usually, you can detect contacts in close-up shots like that beause the rims do show.:cool:
Queen Silvia certainly wears contacts and if you look closely at some pics of her, especially the Ewa-Marie Rundquist portraits from 2001, you can seem them.
So I believe this is actually Princess Madeleine's real eye color, maybe digitally enhanced by the Photo Agency - these days you never know.
On the other hand, Queen Silvia looks as if her hairdresser had his day off - but her great set of different coloured pearl necklace & earrings do make up for it, IMHO.

Pics 3.9.2007

Princess Victoria and Queen Silvia during a photo session September 3, 2007, at the Swedish
Royal Theatre Dramaten before the memorial play for Swedish director Ingmar Bergman who
died on July 30 2007, 89 years old.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

I see Victoria adjusted her clothes to the despressing style of most of Bergmans movies ;)

Is she wearing that to a night at the theatre?! So boring... that suit should only be worn at the office and at day-outings :)

Pics 19.10.2007

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Prince Carl Philip of Sweden today
attended the annual royal elk hunting in Bergslagen, Sweden:

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

Pics 24.10.2007

Another hunt for Carl Gustaf and Carl Philip today, this time in
Halle-Hunneberg, Sweden, 24 October 2007:

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

I think Victoria looked fine for the theatre. She has many duties and probably not much time to get ready. A black suit looks put together, if not exciting. I do agree that she should let her hair down more often- it's quite becoming!

Now you can send a card (for Christmas ?) with a picture of the Swedish royal family to your friends. At the website of Svensk Damtidning there are many cards to choose
Cards/Damtidning
Se alla vykort = look at the cards
Välj = Choose
Se fler motiv = more cards next page
tillbaka = back
förhandsgranska = check before you send the card
din väns nam = your friend´s name
din väns e-post = your friend´s e-mail
din e-post = your e-mail
skriv en hälsning = write your wishes/text here

Expressen had an inquiry about the most known celebrities/persons in Sweden:
Här är Sveriges mest kända kändisar
The results:
Men:
1. King Carl Gustaf 27 %
2. Footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic 15%
3. Former tennis player Björn Borg 13%
Prince Carl Philip got just 8 votes

Women:
1. Queen Silvia 29 %
2. Crown princess Victoria 16%
3. Singer Carola Häggqvist 9 %
6. Princess Madeleine 4 %

Do you know where the royal family spend there New years holiday?

Are the royal couple in Storlien and the young generation together in snow?

Best wishes for all of the NEW YEAR 2008!

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria attented tonight the swedish premiere of a finnish movie "Tali-Ihantala"
Iltalehti: Kuningasperhe saapui Tali-Ihantalan Ruotsin ensi-iltaan/The Royal Family to the swedish premiere of Tali-Ihantala
Crown princess Victoria told to Iltalehti, that she thougt that the movie was just great.
Photo of the King, Queen and Crown princess
The director of the movie, Åke Lindman, with his wife Pirkko Mannola
Crown princess

The movie tells about the war between Finland and Russia 1941-1944. Also many of the swedish people are interested in the movie, because many swedish men took part at the war as volunteers, they wanted to help Finland.
The director, Åke Lindman, is very highly respected and loved in Finland. He had his 80th birthday a week ago. As a young man he was a footballer and played in the Team Finland. Then he started acting and later he became a film director.

IltaSanomat: Ruotsin kuningasperhe näki Tali-Ihantalan/The swedish Royal Family watched Tali-Ihantala
The Royal Family
Director Lindman and his wife

Last edited:
LadyFinn, thanks for posting the links about premiere Swedish movie.

It's the first time this year (after there long holiday) we see the royal family!

thanks!!! hope we'll have more pics soon!!!

Yes, thats true, she looks wonderful.

Hey, LadyFinn, you posted your message just before me.

Its true that HRH Crown Princess Victoria looks smashing, just wonderful.

I was wondering how Queen Silvia knew the bride's family? I know that it says she is godmother to the bride, but who is the bride? What does she do?

According to the article of "Der Westen", Queen Silvia and Beate Middelschulte got to know eachother already at school and have been friends since then. The father of the bride, Dr. h.c. Achim Middelschulte is Executive Board member of E.ON Ruhrgas AG and takes care of sponsoring at the company. I haven´t found any information about the bride.
An article:
Promihochzeit mit Königin Silvia und Prinzessin Victoria/Salzburg24
Photos

More photos from the wedding in Salzburg:
Infanta Board
MediumPhoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom