The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

A video from the Sports Gala, Carl Philip comes to give the award at the time of 2.17.00. He isn´t a very good speaker, he should practise a lot.
Svenska Idrottsgalan 2012 - Idrottsgalan 2012 | SVT Play

Old 01-18-2012, 05:19 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
He isn´t a very good speaker, he should practise a lot.[/url]
I agree that he need more practice! Besides he looks shy and very not confident! When he stop talking I was thinking thet he forgot his speech

Old 01-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

At Aftonbladet Plus:
He has finally found his place in life.
Design work, travels and his love for Sofia has given Carl Philip an increased self-confidence.
Now the prince charges to substitute for Victoria during her maternity leave.
Nu ska prinsen vicka för Vickan | Nu har Carl Philip äntligen funnit sin plats i livet | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet

Carl Philip at the Swedish Motorsport Association's Royal Medal Committee meeting on 17th January.
Prinsen på möte om Kungliga medaljen — sbf.se
Old 01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip has given an interview to Damernas Värld (The Ladies´ World). He talks about his design work, his relationship to fashion, how it is to be a prince and how it feels to become an uncle. The magazine has also styled him.
Prins Carl Philip - stylad av Damernas Värld | Damernas Värld

I dislike these kind of stylings and photoshops of a royal man. And I still wonder about all the PR work for Carl Philip. The court has surely something in mind...
Old 01-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip attended today at the presentation of the Chef of the Year 2012 award.
Klas Lindberg är Årets kock 2012 | Mat och Vin | SvD
Old 01-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Courtier

He's were active this year when it comes to official events. I like that and I hope he keeps up with it now that he has finished his studies.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
He's were active this year when it comes to official events. I like that and I hope he keeps up with it now that he has finished his studies.
His activeness is due to Victoria´s pregnancy and maternity leave. He has told to the press that he will do many of Victoria´s duties, I guess Daniel does some too.

From tonight
”Det blev asgott” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 01-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
His activeness is due to Victoria´s pregnancy and maternity leave. He has told to the press that he will do many of Victoria´s duties, I guess Daniel does some too.
I know that he is saying it, but seriously from what he did in January I doubt that anything was meant to be Victoria's duty, Sport Gala - nope, Motor Sport committee - nope, Cook of the Year - nope, comming Swedish Rally in Karlstad - nope. And since it looks that Victoria will work till that day she gives birth, he still has to wait to really step in instead of her.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Carl Philip has given an interview to Damernas Värld (The Ladies´ World). He talks about his design work, his relationship to fashion, how it is to be a prince and how it feels to become an uncle. The magazine has also styled him.
Prins Carl Philip - stylad av Damernas Värld | Damernas Värld

I dislike these kind of stylings and photoshops of a royal man. And I still wonder about all the PR work for Carl Philip. The court has surely something in mind...
I think the portrait is very well done. It looks professional and it looks just like him.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Courtier

That's what I thought, too. The events he were on were just screaming "Carl Philip". I know that he said he was going to help out with Victorias duties but it seems like Victoria is still working her full share lately. So this is not overtaking his sisters work. This is more like "filling his now study-free time with royal duties" which is perfectly fine with me. It shows that he's willing to work for the royal family if he's not to busy with studies. Something a lot of people doubted lately.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

On February Carl Philip will visit the International Union for Conservation of Nature, IUCN in Schweiz for two days. Events concerning nature and climate have always been in Victoria´s agenda.

More Carl Philip in Damernas Värld
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...90856621_n.jpg
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...20109989_n.jpg
Old 01-26-2012, 04:03 AM
Courtier

Lovely photographs of Prince Carl Philip. Nice to see how he is getting involved in Victoria's interests.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:13 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am not really sure that these kind of glossy pictures are doing the institute of the monarchy any favors (same goes for other royals posing for Vogue & co.). I critisized the Danish CP couple for making such photo shoots and in this case I don't see the point either. Since it is a Hugo Boss suit, the prince isn't even promoting Swedish fashion.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
On February Carl Philip will visit the International Union for Conservation of Nature, IUCN in Schweiz for two days. Events concerning nature and climate have always been in Victoria´s agenda.
Yes that one we can agree on, but that's end of February. The point was that right now January/ beg. of February, his activeness does not seem to be linked to taking over Victoria's duties, since neither was her area of interest.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
Yes that one we can agree on, but that's end of February. The point was that right now January/ beg. of February, his activeness does not seem to be linked to taking over Victoria's duties, since neither was her area of interest.
But at the moment Victoria is still working so she's not on maternity leave. Carl Philip is taking over her duties when she's on leave so at the moment he's still carrying out his own events and not Victoria's.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
But at the moment Victoria is still working so she's not on maternity leave. Carl Philip is taking over her duties when she's on leave so at the moment he's still carrying out his own events and not Victoria's.
That's what Iva meant, Charlotte. And I agree completely with her post. That's what I meant, too. The end of Febuary is a complete different thing. Then it's normal that CP and/or Daniel overtake Victorias duties. But now CP does events which are definitely screaming "CP" and not "overtaken from Victoria".

And useful or not (I don't see what's so bad about them, honestly): I really, really like those magazine photos. Ilook black and white photos. He's looking great on/in (which one is right?) them.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

I still find this huge PR effort which swedish court makes for Carl Philip very odd. I fear that they are trying to polish his image before the engagement. And these kind of photos aren´t helpong the case, they have tried to make the prince look like some actor from the 1930´s. It isn´t he himself at all, just some creation of the DV.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I personally like the black and white pics of Prince Carl Philip- so classy, and impeccable men's fashion & grooming!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I still find this huge PR effort which swedish court makes for Carl Philip very odd. I fear that they are trying to polish his image before the engagement. And these kind of photos aren´t helpong the case, they have tried to make the prince look like some actor from the 1930´s. It isn´t he himself at all, just some creation of the DV.
I disagree on both. It's just logical that he's doing more now that he's finished his studies. He has way more time for those duties now than before. I don't think he needs his image polished because I think a lot of people did him wrong in the past. He was studying so he couldn't do dutyafter duty after duty like other royals. Now he can and he does. Plain and simple.

And the photos are great. Yes, maybe 20's or 30's like but since I like the way of styling and clothing of those times I like those photos also.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Har prinsen snott sin design? | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip