Queen Noor: News Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
btw...it would be interesting to see if Larry King brings up the issue of Prince Hamzah losing his CP title and how Noor will respond.

If so, i'll surely look at QN on LK's program.... hope she gives Larry a straight reply, not at all as she does when she's asked about her kids, do u know I read, back in '99 or 2'000, that her PR used to stop any interviewer to ask about her kids to QN, above all - no questions at all to HM about her son Hamzah- isn't that a bit weird ?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

the blurb said that she can take calls during the LKL program, does anyone know the number?

-Eliza

tipper said:
If so, i'll surely look at QN on LK's program.... hope she gives Larry a straight reply, not at all as she does when she's asked about her kids, do u know I read, back in '99 or 2'000, that her PR used to stop any interviewer to ask about her kids to QN, above all - no questions at all to HM about her son Hamzah- isn't that a bit weird ?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

wow, I assume she has her reasons for not wanting to talk about her kids. I mean it's a matter of their privacy, I think it is easier to tell interviewers beforehand what questions should be avoided rather than her answering every question with " no comments "...I think it's just a privacy issue that's all.

-Eliza

elizahawthorne said:
wow, I assume she has her reasons for not wanting to talk about her kids. I mean it's a matter of their privacy, I think it is easier to tell interviewers beforehand what questions should be avoided rather than her answering every question with " no comments "...I think it's just a privacy issue that's all.

-Eliza

wel, as a mother I can assure u that every mum is even eager to talk about her kids, expecially about her own, whose she can be proud of, I wonder what are their reasons, privacy, we are so often, in my opinion, hiding ourselves behind this new 21th century word alot......:) ;) :confused: :confused: :cool: :confused: :confused:

Noor on CNN

Thank you to everyone re: Noor interview tonight. I look forward to seeing it and will try to tape, as well. Larry King is very deferential to her--or was during past interviews--so what will be allowed for discussion is anyone's guess. I think he has to ask her about the succession change though and, given her announcement at time it occured and fact she did not mention Abdullah by name--she may well say something interesting about it. She's always politically savvy but this change was such a personal blow in that it not only impacted the future of her eldest child but also directly countermanded the wishes of her late husband....ought to be fascinating to see how she handles the question if it is asked.

Reina said:
What time is the program?

larry king on cnn - at 3 and 11 oclock - but i think thats europe time. i dont really know - i think maybe this evening at nine o clock new york time?

closesttoheaven said:
larry king on cnn - at 3 and 11 oclock - but i think thats europe time. i dont really know - i think maybe this evening at nine o clock new york time?

3 and 11 am, or pm ????? when, which day ? thanx-:) ;) :) :cool:

On the east coast it is on at 9PM and then again at midnight tonight.

Cool I will definitely watch it then.

On Larry King she looks really lovely. I like her hair like this, a little darker.

Its been a lovely interview so far. Some of the footage I've never seen before.
When talking about Princess Noor, the Queen said "I love her" and "she has been wonderful for my son" and that she looks at her as her third daughter.
Very sweet

Its been wonderful to see her speak well of King Abdullah and Queen Rania as well. With the rumours of rifts and tension, its been nice to see her praise them. There was no hesitation on her part or the feeling that she was putting on a show. She also mentioned that she and Rania keep in touch. Larry King did ask her about the rumours of a rift between the two and Noor basically said that she wasnt aware of anything like that.

"wasn't aware"? The answer would have been, no, of course not--unless there is a rift. . .

I think Q. noor was just polite, professional and careful in her answers especially towards rania and ka. After all, they are on more power for now.

Noor on Larry King

Noor does look lovely but seemed a bit tense or tired. I expect a book tour--and this is round 2--might do that to one. She did speak very warmly of her children and called her daughter in law "like one of my own children." And she spoke well of King Abdullah and Queen Rania and denied any rift. She did seem to recoil a bit when Larry King asked her about the change in succession and what drove it. She said KA had not spoken with her about it and then immediately stated all of her children have the opportunity to serve their countries in many ways. But her face when he first brought it up seemed to reflect a number of emotions--to the extent that Larry said "it must have hurt." Compared to her other interviews with Larry King, she really did not seem as comfortable and relaxed but those were taped; this was live with questions from callers. That might also have made a difference. I'm curious if anyone else who saw it all had a similar impression. The most poignant remarks came at the end when he asked her about her social life and dating and she--I'm not using her exact words--said something to the effect what she had with Hussein was magic and "you can't find that; it finds you". She seemed her most relaxed during those final moments. Before that, I felt she seemed brittle, for lack of a better term. All in all, it was one of the more insightful and revealing interviews as she didn't seem to be trying so hard to project only the most positive face as she always had in the past. These are not meant as criticisms in anyway; in fact, I admire her even more as she seemed more "real." Again, would love to hear what others thought about her general demeanor.

Any Additions to Paperback Version?

Forgot to ask if anyone has read paperback version of Noor's book. Sometimes, if it has been awhile between publication of hardcover and paperback, the author will add an update. I wonder if Noor provided one in the new release. Does anyone know?

i too felt that noor was a little "uptight" during this interview compaired to the others she's done. i did get a bit of a shock from her comments on the crown prince hamzah and the rania rift issue. i am happy to see that she gets along with her children, step children, and various other family members and that she still leads an active life.

hmm.....i didnt find her uptight. Perhaps trying her best to give the right responses?
The only thing I was surprised about was the fact that King Abdullah still hadn't spoken to her about his decision to relieve Hamzah of his title.
It was very nice to see her speak warmly of all her family, kids, step-kids, step-grand kinds. She mentioned that she's known as 'tata' to her grand kids, that even though her own kids dont have children, she has been a grandmother to her husband's grand children.
Larry King also asked her if she was Jordanian or American. She said in her heart she feels that she is both but she is a citizen of Jordan, not the USA.
She mentions that her family home is in Jordan, but that she has a small place in Washington. But she basically lives out of a suitcase.
She also said that one of her kids is studying in Japan. Does anyone know which one?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
hmm.....i didnt find her uptight. Perhaps trying her best to give the right responses?
The only thing I was surprised about was the fact that King Abdullah still hadn't spoken to her about his decision to relieve Hamzah of his title.
It was very nice to see her speak warmly of all her family, kids, step-kids, step-grand kinds. She mentioned that she's known as 'tata' to her grand kids, that even though her own kids dont have children, she has been a grandmother to her husband's grand children.
Larry King also asked her if she was Jordanian or American. She said in her heart she feels that she is both but she is a citizen of Jordan, not the USA.
She mentions that her family home is in Jordan, but that she has a small place in Washington. But she basically lives out of a suitcase.
She also said that one of her kids is studying in Japan. Does anyone know which one?

I'm guessing it's Princess Iman...we all know P Hashim is at GU, P Hamzah is at Harvard and P Raiyah I believe is at some ranch somewhere where she's learning horse-riding or something like that, so that leaves P Iman...anyone else care to venture a guess.

She has a small place in D.C.? I thought she sold her house there? She lives out of suitcase, what does that mean? Does it mean she travels a lot?

-Eliza

elizahawthorne said:
I'm guessing it's Princess Iman...we all know P Hashim is at GU, P Hamzah is at Harvard and P Raiyah I believe is at some ranch somewhere where she's learning horse-riding or something like that, so that leaves P Iman...anyone else care to venture a guess.

She has a small place in D.C.? I thought she sold her house there? She lives out of suitcase, what does that mean? Does it mean she travels a lot?

-Eliza

yes. She's always travelling.
She did say she has a small place in DC. Perhaps she bought a smaller house?

Here's the excerpt from the transcript:

KING: Where do you live?

NOOR: I live out of suitcases, that's the way I answer that question mostly. Our family home is in Jordan. And I have four children at university at the moment and one studying in Japan right now. So, I spend a fair amount of time here. I have a small place in Washington, which is where they can bring their dirty laundry, I can feed them, burp them and send them back out into the larger world. And...

Last edited:
closesttoheaven said:
yes 13th april in the states and 14th april in europe.

OMG, at 3 am, I'm watching it today at 11 am- I was not a bit surprised KA would not tell her he was going to dismiss Hamzah, and I just can't believe she's in touch with QR, have u noticed when she said- sge's ( QR ) is beautiful and smart -?????????' that tells alot, in my opinion- as for her being a tata to her step- kids's children, I'm sure she was when KH was still alive, but now ?????????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes. She's always travelling.
She did say she has a small place in DC. Perhaps she bought a smaller house?

Here's the excerpt from the transcript:

KING: Where do you live?

NOOR: I live out of suitcases, that's the way I answer that question mostly. Our family home is in Jordan. And I have four children at university at the moment and one studying in Japan right now. So, I spend a fair amount of time here. I have a small place in Washington, which is where they can bring their dirty laundry, I can feed them, burp them and send them back out into the larger world. And...

A smaller house? Wow can she adjust to a smaller house considering where she was used to living? I swear the more info I gather on QN the more I respect I acquire for her, she is such an exceptional lady, very humble, kind, intelligent, poised, and well-spoken...she's perfect (okay I'll stop now;) )...I so want to meet her someday, does she come to the UK? :confused: Even if I were to meet her I'd never know what to say to her, I think I'd make a fool of myself because I'll probably be gawking at her in admiration cuz she's my hero :D and I know that is too big a responsibility to place on someone, but she is my hero and she deserves that kind of respect, along with her late husband his majesty king hussein.

I was just surprised you see because when there was an announcement that she'd old her house I assumed she didn't live in D.C. anymore, but rather I was under the impression that she lives in Mc Clean, which I'm quite sure isn't in D.C., or is it?:confused: ...it's a good thing she lives in D.C. still, because when I thought she lived in Mc Clean I was always wondering why she didn't live close to any one of her kids, but now that we know she lives in D.C. well at least she is in the same proximity as P Hashim:), which is good cuz it's always great to have family around. Wonder where in D.C. she lives

-Eliza

tipper said:
OMG, at 3 am, I'm watching it today at 11 am- I was not a bit surprised KA would not tell her he was going to dismiss Hamzah, and I just can't believe she's in touch with QR, have u noticed when she said- sge's ( QR ) is beautiful and smart -?????????' that tells alot, in my opinion- as for her being a tata to her step- kids's children, I'm sure she was when KH was still alive, but now ?????????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

she was so nice!
but i felt really sorry for her sometimes.
when larry asked because of hamza she became completely confused.
dont know what to think about QR.dont like her so much :D

Pics of the interview:

Attachments

• 13.4.05.jpg
    13.4.05.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 159
  • r1068088300.jpg
    r1068088300.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 169
  • r799345285.jpg
    r799345285.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 153