King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current News, Part 16

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
amina1 said:
Great Gala pictures:)
I thought The River Foundation was first originally founded by QNoor, and then handed over to Princess Rania then, is it true?

It was Queen Rania, who established the Jordan River Foundation in 1995, but her new foundation included then and still does (among many other projects) the Jordan River Design and Bani Hamida projects launched before in the 1980s by Queen Noor to revive and preserve a Jordanian heritage of handicraft production and tribal rug-weaving.

Laraib said:
Anyone know if they have any vacations planned? Where do they usually go? Within Middle East or some where else? Thanks.:)

They went to Croatia last summer. I don't think they have a "usual" destination.

It looks as if Queen Rania has lost a few pounds....maybe due to her hectic schedules. Anyway she still looks beautiful and graceful.

On petra they say that the king and queen aleady arrived in Germany for their working visit. But there are no pictures for the moment.

Adamari said:
I thought Rania was due in Toronto on Friday for the osteoporosis conference roundtable of women leaders she's supposed to be hosting.

The Osteoporosis Meetings are from the 2nd-6th June, so although she may not make it for today I imagine she will be participating at some point.
http://www.osteofound.org/wco/2006/index.php

King and Queen in Germany

German Chancellor Angela Merkel (R) reacts as she talks to Jordan's King Abdullah (L) and his wife Queen Rania (C) following bilateral talks in Berlin June 2, 2006. REUTERS/Fabrizio Bensch (GERMANY)

Attachments

• r2570017753.jpg
    r2570017753.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 314
  • r3697210472.jpg
    r3697210472.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 371
More pictures from Germany (Gettyimages)

Attachments

• 71108542.jpg
    71108542.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 273
  • 71108499.jpg
    71108499.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 71108389.jpg
    71108389.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 225
humera i love your avatar! do you have a bigger picture?

humera i love your avataar! do you have the bigger picture, and can u tell me when and where was it taken?thankyou!

several more from zuma

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 335
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 273
In Inside Tennis (June 2006, Southern California Edition)they wrote that the Atlanta Journal Constitution asked Anna Kournikova who her role models were and she said, "Oprah and Queen Rani Al-Abdullah of Jordan." Rani? I guess Anna has a nickname for Queen Rania :D.

Last edited:
Queen meets students, teachers and mothers in Jerash

AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Sunday visited the Jerash Women’s Society, the most active community-based organisation in the governorate, and the Jerash Girls School.
The Queen toured the facilities of the society, which offers a wide range of services to the local community, including a crèche for women working at the society, a kindergarten and a sewing and embroidery training workshop.
Three months ago, the society also initiated a pottery project, part of the QUDORAT programme funded by the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation and implemented by the Near East Foundation in partnership with the Jordanian Hashemite Fund for Human Development.
http://www.jordantimes.com/mon/homenews/homenews3.htm

Her Majesty Queen Rania with students of the Jerash Girls School who staged a musical performance on Sunday marking the 60th anniversary of the country's independence (Photo by Nasser Ayoub)

Attachments

• hnews3.jpg
    hnews3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 268
Well, looks like Queen Rania wont be going to Toronto after all:( ....she sent in a taped message.

World's Largest Osteoporosis Congress Opens In Toronto

The IOF World Congress on Osteoporosis (IOF WCO), the world's largest scientific congress devoted specifically to the bone disease osteoporosis, opened yesterday in Toronto, Canada.

"Thank you for continuing to rise up to the challenge of osteoporosis and for striving for a world without broken bones, where all citizens stand straight and strong and safe," said Queen Rania of Jordan, IOF's patron, speaking in a video message.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=44524

Queen Rania to Sponsor Launching of World Feminine Network for Childhood

Amman, June 4 (Petra)--Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah will sponsor the launching of the World Feminine Network for Childhood at a conference that will be held at the Dead Sea resort next Sunday.

The conference, which is organized by the National Council fof Family Affairs comes in appreciation of Her Majesty's efforts in serving childhood and the family. Petra

Prominent Women Leaders from Across the Globe To Gather in Jordan with Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah June 11-13

Prominent Women Leaders from Across the Globe to Gather in Jordan with Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah to launch the Global Women's Action Network for Children June 11-13th 2006 at the King Hussein Bin Talal Convention Center - Dead Sea, Jordan

Every minute somewhere in the world a mother dies during pregnancy or childbirth; every hour 450 newborn babies die; and every three seconds a child under five dies. Added together, that's more than 11 million women and children dying each year from mostly preventable causes. More than 100 million children across the globe do not attend school. The majority of them are girls.

On June 11-13th, 2006, women leaders from around the globe - including heads of state, leading advocates for children, philanthropic leaders and Nobel Laureates - will gather at the Dead Sea in Jordan for a three day conference designed to address these critical issues.
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=66853

Last edited:
Amman, June 5 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II sent a cable on Monday to His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf of the Kingdon of Sweden congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the occasion of his country's National Day
LINK

Amman, June 4 (Petra) --The Saudi Al Ektesadeyh (Economic) tabloid dialogued His Majesty King Abdullah II on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the National Day during which the King talked about the economic activities in Jordan,
LINK

King Abdullah II will be at the celebrations for the Thai King this month.
LINK

several more photos of Queen Rania in London, with Kyril & Rosario and Pavlos & Marie-Chantal (from hola)

Attachments

• rania-1a.jpg
    rania-1a.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 244
  • rania-2a.jpg
    rania-2a.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 205
  • rania-3a.jpg
    rania-3a.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 276
  • rania-4a.jpg
    rania-4a.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 209
I dont know, what another people have against her. she is so beautiful and elegant. She is wonderful queen.

Little_star said:
King Abdullah II will be at the celebrations for the Thai King this month.
LINK

I'd almost forgotten about this event. Looks like it'll be one big royal party. Im so looking forward to this.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I'd almost forgotten about this event. Looks like it'll be one big royal party. Im so looking forward to this.

What is this celebration Humera?

clymène said:
What is this celebration Humera?

It is the 60th anniversary of the King of Thailand's ascension to the throne. I dont remember the exact number from the articles a few months ago, but dozens of monarchs from various nations have been invited to the event.

Here's a thread for the event:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f88/king-bhumibol-adulyadej-thailands-diamond-jubilee-celebration-june-2006-a-8814.html
According to carlota's post from page 2, both the King and Queen of Jordan will be present at the celebrations: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/419262-post22.html

Last edited:
Thank you for the photos

She is such an attractive woman and truly cares about her appearance, I wouldn't mind having her government allowance!!! :) Does anybody know how much she is allowed to spend?

not exactly a royal act but involves King Abdullah as well. :)

Israel's Olmert seen meeting Jordanian king on Thursday

From MSNBC/Reuters

JERUSALEM, June 6 — Prime Minister Ehud Olmert will likely meet Jordan's King Abdullah this week as part of the Israeli leader's efforts to win regional support for his West Bank plan, political sources said on Tuesday. They said Olmert was provisionally scheduled to travel to Jordan on Thursday for the talks.

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusintl/reuters06-06-002433.asp?reg=mideast&vts=6620060055

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
It is the 60th anniversary of the King of Thailand's ascension to the throne. I dont remember the exact number from the articles a few months ago, but dozens of monarchs from various nations have been invited to the event.

Here's a thread for the event:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f88/king-bhumibol-adulyadej-thailands-diamond-jubilee-celebration-june-2006-a-8814.html
According to carlota's post from page 2, both the King and Queen of Jordan will be present at the celebrations: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/419262-post22.html

Ok, thanks for answering Humera! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom