King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current News, Part 16

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lil Monkey said:
Iam not quiet sure I understood what u meant,could u explain please?

Would you mind if I sent you a PM on the subject as the articles are all completely OT.

Jordan's King Abdullah II told US Vice President Dick Cheney at a meeting in the United States on Monday that Washington must help restart stalled Palestinian-Israeli negotiations at the point where they broke off six years ago, a royal palace statement said.
LINK

Jordan's King Abdullah II is due to meet Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert in Jordan in mid-June, a court official said. "King Abdullah II has invited Mr Olmert to visit Jordan and the Israeli prime minister will come in around two weeks," the official told AFP. "The meeting will center on means of reactivating the negotiations between Palestinians and Israelis."
LINK

Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan arrives for a dinner to launch the Jordan River Foundation in the UK at Banqueting hall in London, 31 May 2006. Her Majesty's opening remarks called for "greater understanding, tolerance and peace to enable children to grow up in a world of opportunity, security and hope".

from getty

Attachments

• 71092912.jpg
    71092912.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,182
  • 71092914.jpg
    71092914.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 556
  • 71092922.jpg
    71092922.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 586
  • 71092906.jpg
    71092906.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 352
  • 71092911.jpg
    71092911.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 433
  • 71092879.jpg
    71092879.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 741
  • 71092886.jpg
    71092886.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
fanletizia said:
Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan arrives for a dinner to launch the Jordan River Foundation in the UK at Banqueting hall in London, 31 May 2006. Her Majesty's opening remarks called for "greater understanding, tolerance and peace to enable children to grow up in a world of opportunity, security and hope".

from getty

Wow thanks for the pictures. The Queen is very elegant as always.

fanletizia said:

from getty

Thank you for these pictures fanletizia! :)

I wonder if anyone has a guest list of who attended this function? Interesting that Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Rosario and Kyril were present. Were there any British royals present as the event was in the UK?

Also, I wonder why the launch of the Jordan River Foundation took place in London? Was it a charity event to drum up donations? Or was it an educational event to encourage volunteers?

I was wondering the same thing, Alexandria. Hasn't there been a previous event like this for the Jordan River Foundation in 2002? But I think that this event was in France, at the Versailles.

Anyway, I love the shape and cut of her dress and from the bottom down it really is lovely but I hate the edging around the arms and neck.

Rania, Rosario and MC all look great!

wow I like the dress,I haven't seen her wearing a simple black dress in a while.

Alexandria said:
Thank you for these pictures fanletizia! :)

I wonder if anyone has a guest list of who attended this function? Interesting that Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and Rosario and Kyril were present. Were there any British royals present as the event was in the UK?

Also, I wonder why the launch of the Jordan River Foundation took place in London? Was it a charity event to drum up donations? Or was it an educational event to encourage volunteers?

The Jordan River Foundation is linking up with the NSPCC, a child safety charity here in the UK. I presume that's why the event took place here.
The NSPCC's website:
http://www.nspcc.org.uk/html/home/home.htm

"She has not shied away from controversy: she will be in London this week to sign an agreement linking her charity, the Jordan River Foundation, to the NSPCC."
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2092-2199896,00.html (From last week's Sunday Times article)
Lovely photos, fanletizia.

Last edited:
The dress is gorgeous, is it by Rochas, as Rania has worn a few of their items in recent months?

The Oprah show

:) :) Queen Ranias interview with Oprah (oprah show) will be on mbc4 soon:) :)

Prominent Women Leaders from Across the Globe To Gather in Jordan with Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah to launch the Global Women’s Action Network for Children June 11-13th 2006 at the King Hussein Bin Talal Convention Center - Dead Sea, Jordan..........

The conference, entitled Mobilizing for Action is being held under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah and is organized by the National Council for Family Affairs (NCFA), in Jordan, and the Children's Defense Fund (CDF), in the United States
LINK

Participants include:
President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia
Sheikah Sabeeka of Bahrain
Suzanne Mubarak of Egypt
Dr. Shirin Ebadi
and others.

more of the guests... (also from uk-press)

Pavlos & Marie-Chantal

Kyril & Rosario

Marie-Chantal with Rosario

stunning!
the long hair suits her, she is never boring in her look :)

Amman - Jordan plans to scrap prison sentences for offences involving the press, the government said on Wednesday, a day after two journalists were handed jail terms.....................

"This policy has been clearly expressed by the king (Abdullah II) on a number of occasions," he said.
LINK

more from uk-press :

and more of just Queen Rania

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 243
From Petra:

King, Queen to Visit Germany
Amman, June 1(Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah will visit on Friday Germany.
During the several- hour working visit, the King will meet with the German Chancellor Angela Merkel to discuss means of developing bilateral ties, especially in the economic and trade fields as well as ways to encourage the private sectors in both countries to launch joint investment projects...
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/01/63.htm

Great news :)

Last edited:
Scheduling conflict?

I thought Rania was due in Toronto on Friday for the osteoporosis conference roundtable of women leaders she's supposed to be hosting.

Adamari said:
I thought Rania was due in Toronto on Friday for the osteoporosis conference roundtable of women leaders she's supposed to be hosting.

Maybe she will make both trips since it's juts a several hours working visit to germany.

All the royals in the photos look great. The royals from greece, They are the ones sitting next to Q.R?? Well, I hope the Queen still makes it to Canada. Great photos by the Way!

All I can say about that black dress is wow!
I love coming back to such stunning pictures so thank you to those who posted them.
It's so wonderful to see the Jordan River Foundation doing so well. It was founded in 1995 and has been chaired by Queen Rania since she was a princess. Its great to see it expand outside of Jordan.

Here's the JRF's website:
http://www.jordanriver.jo

Little_star said:
Amman - Jordan plans to scrap prison sentences for offences involving the press, the government said on Wednesday, a day after two journalists were handed jail terms.....................

"This policy has been clearly expressed by the king (Abdullah II) on a number of occasions," he said.
LINK

That's a step in the right direction.
Thanks for the article.

Great Gala pictures:)
I thought The River Foundation was first originally founded by QNoor, and then handed over to Princess Rania then, is it true?

Anyone know if they have any vacations planned? Where do they usually go? Within Middle East or some where else? Thanks.:)

Rania was very beautiful and nice in London. The black dress was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom