The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Wehther they are able to or not doesn't stop people from spreading their own opinions as fact. The recent "dress code" rules in Iraq are an example of this.
Iam not quiet sure I understood what u meant,could u explain please?

Old 05-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25
I dont think she says somthing out of her own book, shes a muslim woman whos modern yet in an traditional way, has storng personality and respects her arab and muslim traditions. She explains why some mulsim women choose to wear the hijab or not. Its every ones own choice thats what i get from Queen Ranias point of view. I have a lot of muslim female friends who choose not to wear the hijab and say its their own choice, is that wrong??
As I said before, GoD showed us the right and wrong paths and told us that Al-hijab is required of every muslim women, then it's their choice to follow the path they want, but at the end Allah will judge them accordingly.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Courtier

she is talking about a society full with women who are wearing Al Hijab .

come to Jordan and see , god she never respect her people she only respect the west and her desires.

am afraid in the future Rania will not allow us to wear Al Hijab just to justify her self.
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 05-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Gentry

I think that you attack her and forget other Muslim Royal ladies who are teh same ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
Rania is Muslim by name, if she said that so she know nothing about Islam.
A Muslim by name?!!!!
How can you say that? Do you know how she practices Islam or can you see behind hearts and minds? how can you judge her or any other Muslim and predict her actions and words as publicity increasing ?!!!
She might be a better Muslim than me & you !

This is 7aram to say ..mesh enti rab el 3alameen to judge and state that about any muslim...

do u ask your self why we wear Al Hijab if its not a must , what is the aim of it if Allah didn't ask us to wear , why their is many Muslim women all over the world wear it. why the huge issue in France about Al Hijab , what make those women cry to let them wear Al Hijab in France if its not a must what make them be in that situation.

Al Hijab distinguish the Muslim women from the others and to protect us.

i will tell from where Al Hijab came and i am very humble muslim and doesn't has any problem with my religion unlike Rania..

when the prophet came the Muslim stayed 3 years without Hijab , and when Allah asked us to wear it , it didn't come from nothing , there was a huge problem happened with 3a'asheh Mohammad's wife, there was people who pretended that they are Muslim said that 3a'sheh betrayed Mohammad while she was his wife and the most noble woman on the planet. Mohammad didn't take any attitude and waited till Allah told him she is guiltless and what was told about her was laying. and this was mentioned in Qur'an in Al Noor , and Allah taught us all what we need to protect our society from Al Zena and other things , and one of its lines , that Allah asked women to wear Al Hijab ... and all Muslim women after this were wearing it. ( like how Al Kohol was allowed and then was forbidden) this is a part of the truth Islam and my 11 years sister knows that and Rania the queen of as arab country doesn't know .

How about other royal ladies ? Do they know the same?

just a question if Al Hijab is not a must why Rania when she visits Al kA'ABEH or when she goes to visit graves or mosques wear it .

Again, How about other royal ladies ? Don't they do the same each year?

and anything our Islam asked us to do we are proud to do it , not hide in our clothes and think that Islam is not modest enough and don't meet our demands, on the contrary Islam is deeper than what Rania thinks.

no body ask Rania to wear it and we don't judge her because she doesn't , but she should save sometime to learn about Islam than following style and fashion .

i think Rania answered this way to increase her popularity in the west. and to be under the spot.

She is poular already in our country and elsewhere ...she doesn't need what others lack

and when i mentioned dancers i didn't mean that i follow them or that i care about what they say , but i think they respect our Islam more than Rania at least they don't speake to west about their own Islam.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by salwa
I think that you attack her and forget other Muslim Royal ladies who are teh same ...
i know Salwa and i won't attack any lady who doesn't wear Al Hijab.

and other royals who don't wear it.

non of them came up and say what Rania said , how do u accept as a muslim citizen that your queen just lie about Islam , distort it.

Rania could say many other things but she choused to answer in very rude way and insult her own Muslim people.
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 05-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Gentry

She stated her own opinion that god will judge her upon , i do not wear hejab and you don't and yet advocate about a fard "wearing Hejab" , she said it was amtter of choice ...she chose not to wear ..she didn't force her subjects to adopt her way of seing Islam and she shouldn't be judged ...

She is like me, you and many who don't wear it ..even if she was tehqueen she is just another girl like us ..

I would say that lie is a little bet harsh , whenever any one askes me why don't wear hejab? what should i say ? if i say i should but i wouldn't ? is not a laf w dawaran ? nefaq?

and allow me to say without any personal meaning or 7asaseyyeh " as we say in Jordan" , stating that she doen't respect her people " woemn who don't wear veils" and teh last phrase is rather a kind of exageration ..she has done a lot in our society ..she is a queen , fashionable or not , it is not a crime to like fashion or being in the limelight...but stating that stating her opinions is a way of attracking others and media is like implying that we are simpletons who can't distenguish what are teh real intentions behind actions of any person ...

:)
Quote:
i know Salwa and i won't attack any lady who doesn't wear Al Hijab.

and other royals who don't wear it.

non of them came up and say what Rania said , how do u accept as a muslim citizen that your queen just lie about Islam , distort it.

Rania could say many other things but she choused to answer in very rude way and insult her own Muslim people.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by salwa
She stated her own opinion that god will judge her upon , i do not wear hejab and you don't and yet advocate about a fard "wearing Hejab" , she said it was amtter of choice ...she chose not to wear ..she didn't force her subjects to adopt her way of seing Islam and she shouldn't be judged ...

She is like me, you and many who don't wear it ..even if she was tehqueen she is just another girl like us ..

I would say that lie is a little bet harsh , whenever any one askes me why don't wear hejab? what should i say ? if i say i should but i wouldn't ? is not a laf w dawaran ? nefaq?

and allow me to say without any personal meaning or 7asaseyyeh " as we say in Jordan" , stating that she doen't respect her people " woemn who don't wear veils" and teh last phrase is rather a kind of exageration ..she has done a lot in our society ..she is a queen , fashionable or not , it is not a crime to like fashion or being in the limelight...but stating that stating her opinions is a way of attracking others and media is like implying that we are simpletons who can't distenguish what are teh real intentions behind actions of any person ...

:)
saying that its must and that you still doesn't wear it or doesn't want to wear it is more respectful than distorting Islam.

she is a queen not an ordinary girl , read the posts , west girls now are adopted her talks isn't this bad .
Old 05-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Gentry

Come on suria, if someone really want sto know Islam he/she woun't rely on an ordinary person even a king or queen when relating to riligious matter , that interview has managed to reach for certain americans who see only evil and terror in arabs and Islam ..especially thinking that Islam opresses women ..we might not be the best in practicing our great faith teachings but at least trying to do our best teh way we know is better than setting and doing nothing ..try to see the good in everything ..she is not a bad person and she is certainly very much involved in showing teh world that Islam is peace and when a person changes his image in something , he /she will try to know more about it and then ..only then they'l be into teh more deep and adavanced teachings and facts about Islam ....

Let us not again judge peopel intentions ..

I most certainly know and am sure that as any mUslim , you and me and many others know that veild women is as anyother women ...reading the reviews on Oprahs site about teh interview can show us that there people who already changed their misconception and are willing to understand teh other half story ..and there others whoapparently more obstinate and biased who just see evil in anything Arab , Muslim and sadly palestenian ..which sadened me a lot ..cause ignorance is the firts enemy of tolerence and accepting others ....

If she don't really care , and angered by most western media biased image she wouldn't have tried to prvove tehopposite " as much as she can ..we are not all perfect ..3ala 2ad ma bte2dar .."
Quote:
saying that its must and that you still doesn't wear it or doesn't want to wear it is more respectful than distorting Islam.

she is a queen not an ordinary girl , read the posts , west girls now are adopted her talks isn't this bad .
Old 05-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Thank you for your article, I've used that site before so I've read that article already. Where does it say a woman must cover her hair? Specifically? It talks of modesty which is something different. There is no specific reference to hair anywhere. The word hijab itself is only mentioned 7 times in the Qu'ran and never once in the context of a head covering.

Thank you!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Nobility

Okay, I think it's enough now. This thread is about the king and queen current events, not about islam. I think we have a wide range of the differents opinions about queen rania talking on islam and the veil. A moderator will soon come to stop us, and delete some posts. So enough.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by clymène
Okay, I think it's enough now. This thread is about the king and queen current events, not about islam. I think we have a wide range of the differents opinions about queen rania talking on islam and the veil. A moderator will soon come to stop us, and delete some posts. So enough.
lol Is that an order?!?
It is about QR and KA and I dun think we are discussing Islam we are discussing what Rania said about Islam!!
not because u dun agree with us you ask the modertor to delete some posts. U should accept opinions.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
lol Is that an order?!?
It is about QR and KA and I dun think we are discussing Islam we are discussing what Rania said about Islam!!
not because u dun agree with us you ask the modertor to delete some posts. U should accept opinions.
I didn't ask any moderator to delete any post, I just underlined that they would probably do it, or say something about this discussion, because many of the posts above contain one line about what the queen thinks and a lot more about islam.
I gave my opinion and read other's. I agree with some people, and others think differently. But there's no problem, everyone is free to have his own thinking... Who are you to pretend you can read my mind. I didn't offense you in my other posts lil monkey, so don't say that I don't accept other's opinion.
At the end of the day, this is a matter of interpretating the Quran. This is what the queen is doing when she talks about the veil in her interviews. Some people agree with what she says, other don't. There's no need to go on with that subject because no one of us can convince the other that his interpretation is the good one! That's what I was meaning.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clymène
Lil monkey the king is interopretating the quran saying that as far as the hejab is concerned the statement regarded only the women of the prophet's family at that very time.
And Queen Rania is not speaking freely about islam, I think she was thaught a lot about it by king hussein.
I can't see any reference in what king Hussein said to mean (the women of the prophet's family at the time) and by the way isn't King Abdallah calling himself (Aamid Al elbait) and consideres himself the most senior descendant of the prophet??. And by the way King Hussein did not ever claim to have taught Rania about Islam, he was much too modest to say that, infact he had advisers himself. As for why QNoor, Haya, Iman, Rayah or Reem are never critisized is because they've never not any one of them had put herself as Rania had many times and talked to the western media as an islamic scholar , to give them the kind of islam they want to exsist. I think she should refrain from doing this and concetrate on representing Jordan as its queen and not its mufti (senior scholar).
Old 05-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
I can't see any reference in what king Hussein said to mean (the women of the prophet's family at the time) and by the way isn't King Abdallah calling himself (Aamid Al elbait) and consideres himself the most senior descendant of the prophet??. And by the way King Hussein did not ever claim to have taught Rania about Islam, he was much too modest to say that, infact he had advisers himself. As for why QNoor, Haya, Iman, Rayah or Reem are never critisized is because they've never not any one of them had put herself as Rania had many times and talked to the western media as an islamic scholar , to give them the kind of islam they want to exsist. I think she should refrain from doing this and concetrate on representing Jordan as its queen and not its mufti (senior scholar).
Thank you tesaweer,this is exactely my point:)
Old 05-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Let's move on from this discussion about whether the Queen should cover her head or not and what various religious readings and practices teach or preach. It has now filled up four pages, carried over from the previous threads.

Discussions of religion are against forum rules but I was trying to be lenient as there is a natural connection between being veiled and religious beliefs. But now far too many posts are about religion and hardly anything about the Queen or the royal family.

We're all going to have to agree to disagree on our respective interpretations of whether a woman should be veiled or not and when. Further posts about this topic will be deleted and continued violaters may be subjected to disciplinary action.

Alexandria
Jordanian Forum Moderator
Old 05-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Serene Highness

Jordan's king visits Bush, urges president to help advance Mideast peace process

from AP/MSNBC

AMMAN, Jordan, May 29 — Jordan's King Abdullah II met with President Bush on Monday and urged him to pursue Israeli-Palestinian peace efforts, repeating a plea the king made in a recent letter to the White House.

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusintl...ts=52920062003
Old 05-30-2006, 12:50 AM
Courtier

The king urged Bush, sorry, I find it a bit funny
Old 05-30-2006, 01:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amina1
The king urged Bush, sorry, I find it a bit funny

why there is no photos
Old 05-30-2006, 01:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

why there is no photos
MSNBC doesn't have photos yet...maybe photo agencies will have them later.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
MSNBC doesn't have photos yet...maybe photo agencies will have them later.
Yesterday was memorial day in the US I am shocked that KA and Bush met on a holiday