State Visit from South Korea to Denmark: May 11-12, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Muhler, can you tell me what kind of uniform the lady on the right is wearing?
https://picasaweb.google.com/billed...iddagForSydkoreasPrSident#5605739253327104562

And do you know since when Chris Minh Doky is a Ridder af Dannebrogordenen? (I think it is what he is wearing?)
https://picasaweb.google.com/billed...iddagForSydkoreasPrSident#5605739317268004146

Who is he again?
https://picasaweb.google.com/billed...iddagForSydkoreasPrSident#5605739391083293154

#1. I can tell you what it isn't. It's not a police nor a military uniform. I don't think she belongs to Etaterne = the uniformed branches of the civillian world. (The military is not an Etat, but the police is). She is pretty highly decorated, so I wonder if she is the Danish ambassador to Korea and this is the female version of an "ambassadors uniform". I need her name in order to figure that out.

#2. I don't know. But if we check Ordenskapitlet's website we may figure it out. - That will have to wait a bit though.

#3: That I can answer. That's Per Stig Møller, a former and very competent Minister of Foreign Affairs. He is now Minister of Culture, if I remember correctly. His wife is of Chinese origin. He is Conservative.

Last edited:
What a pity. Did you forget to rename each screen shot?

The bandeau you talk about, is that the brooch from Russia? I ask because I have no idea what a bandeau is. :ermm:
:bang: I copied all screen shots into a word document because it is faster. When I turned the pic of Mary into a jpg, I somehow stupidly closed the word doc and :eek:! That happens when you are in a hurry. I just wanted to be the first to post a pic of the new tiara version;). Well, it was worthwhile. This morning I found out that my screen shot made it to various forums and blogs.

"Bandeau" is usually used for tiaras that look a bit like a straight band in the hair. It doesn't stand up and doesn't have a peak in the middle like the typical tiaras have. Don't worry, the turquoise bandeau is the only bandeau the DRF has, so that is easy. BTW this piece of jewellery has a daisy motive and Princess Margaret of Connaught received it as a wedding present from her parents. It than came to Danmark with Queen Ingrid.

And do you know since when Chris Minh Doky is a Ridder af Dannebrogordenen? (I think it is what he is wearing?)
https://picasaweb.google.com/billed...iddagForSydkoreasPrSident#5605739317268004146
#2. I don't know. But if we check Ordenskapitlet's website we may figure it out. - That will have to wait a bit though.
Since 16th April 2010:flowers:

#1. I can tell you what it isn't. It's not a police nor a military uniform. I don't think she belongs to Etaterne = the uniformed branches of the civillian world. (The military is not an Etat, but the police is). She is pretty highly decorated, so I wonder if she is the Danish ambassador to Korea and this is the female version of an "ambassadors uniform". I need her name in order to figure that out.
Isn´t she the one and only female "jæger" or is it "kammerherrinde". Oh, there is something about her, which is unsual... :ermm:
#3: That I can answer. That's Per Stig Møller, a former and very competent Minister of Foreign Affairs. He is now Minister of Culture, if I remember correctly. His wife is of Chinese origin. He is Conservative.
Hrm, hrm, hrm, he´s also minister of the church (or what it´s called in english) :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Bandeau" is usually used for tiaras that look a bit like a straight band in the hair. It doesn't stand up and doesn't have a peak in the middle like the typical tiaras have. Don't worry, the turquoise bandeau is the only bandeau the DRF has, so that is easy. BTW this piece of jewellery has a daisy motive and Princess Margaret of Connaught received it as a wedding present from her parents. It than came to Danmark with Queen Ingrid.

Thanks, Tillia C :flowers:

I learned something new today, cool.

Thanks for the date, FasterB :)

Thanks, Tillia C :flowers:

I learned something new today, cool.

Thanks for the date, FasterB :)
Hehe, you have an incredible knowledge about the DRF and I always enjoy your posts. But you don't seem to know much about their jewellery. But as a guy you are heartily forgiven:flowers:

Don't worry, he will soon get the hang of it :D

MSN Starlounge photogallery from the gala dinner

Mary og Marie til galla på Fredensborg | Starlounge

Thank you, Marika86 :flowers:

Observe and enjoy in the first two pics how Frederik leads Mary in by the correct right arm, as is proper when leading someone as precious as your wife. :)

Notice how Joachim, being a resourceful gentleman, has improvised a solution to the akward problem of his Marie having to find her seat to her left.
Letting go of your wife, only to have her walking past you in front of you, is hardly graceful. No! :ermm:
So what does a gentleman do in that situation? Lead his lady in by his, albeit improper, left arm, so that they can split unhindered and gracefully. Stylish!
That's neat improvisation there, Joachim. :cool:

Last edited:
A pity that his wife didn't appreciate it and didn't want to leave his side to find her place :p

Maybe his wife appreciated it so much THAT she didn't want to leave his side?;)

I do not know about you, but I believe that Marie has gained weight - maybe she is pregnant? In any case is quite "thick" forearms and should not wear dresses like this.
Furthermore, I think that she has wrong make up -her face lights up :/
Mary is always more stylish that Marie.

P.S. CP Mary looks so thired in this photos, doesn't she?

I do not know about you, but I believe that Marie has gained weight - maybe she is pregnant? In any case is quite "thick" forearms and should not wear dresses like this.
Furthermore, I think that she has wrong make up -her face lights up :/
Mary is always more stylish that Marie.

P.S. CP Mary looks so thired in this photos, doesn't she?

I was wondering the same. She does look like she's put on some weight lately.

Reception at Glyptoteket with the South Korean President Lee Myung-bak and his wife Kim Yoon-ok. May 12, 2011

PPE Agency Glyptoteket

"Pure People" gallery from yesterday event

Last edited:
hmm Frederik without Mary... somebody knows why?
No worries!
The official program had already indicated that only CP Frederik would attend and not CP Mary. Mary was not at the airport yesterday morning either.
Last night's gala event was the last for CP Mary as she has now gone back on maternity leave.

Common Curriculum

Cl. 17.00
Korean return arrangement.

HE President Lee Myung-bak and Mrs. Kim Yoon-ok will host a reception in the Glyptotek in honor of HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort. From the royal family participates royal couple, Crown Prince, TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte.

I thoguht she finished her maternity leave! how long is in Denmark for everybody? I mean commoners!

The Queen seems to be enjoying the pink mood, her outfits during the visit have all been pink.
Marie looked great at the return dinner.

I love the additional pearls to Mary's tiara it look prettier

I thoguht she finished her maternity leave! how long is in Denmark for everybody? I mean commoners!

Up to 52 weeks per child in total. During that period you will get what is equivalent to unemployment benefit, provided you are entitled to such benefits. (The majority are however).

The rules say that women are entitled to maternity leave for 4 weeks prior to giving birth and for 14 weeks after giving birth. Men are entitled to two weeks, within the first 14 weeks after the child is born.

After the first 14 weeks each parents can go on leave for up to 32 weeks. That period will however be divided between the parents. Say the mother 20 weeks and the father 12 weeks.
Or you can go on leave later on, before the child turns 9. That's what Mrs. Muhler did with ours.

That's 4 weeks + 2 (for the father) + 14 weeks + 32 weeks = 52 weeks in total.

I didn't think that they looked surprised as to hearing the Queen talk about their trip next year. I'm sure they heard about it beforehand :)

Wasn't Charles and Diana's last trip together, the one to South Korea? I think that trip was at short notice.

:previous:
What's that got to do with the price of eggs?

This trip is a year away.

https://picasaweb.google.com/billedbladet/PrinsesseMarie#

A nice gallery of our Marie at the return dinner.

That's a great dress, I like the simplicity of it but also has great detailing on the back which you don't expect.
Pity Mary was not there, I personally dont see why she couldn't make an appearance especially if she did one for the gala, I would assume she would be gone for about the same amount of time. Anyways, I hopefully we will be seeing her soon.

That's a great dress, I like the simplicity of it but also has great detailing on the back which you don't expect.
Pity Mary was not there, I personally dont see why she couldn't make an appearance especially if she did one for the gala, I would assume she would be gone for about the same amount of time. Anyways, I hopefully we will be seeing her soon.

I suspect Mary is probably still having her time off and only attended the gala as a mark of respect for the visitors. I am sure it is not easy having 4 young children to look after, despite the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom