The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I think she looks great & has appeared increasingly relaxed since the (alleged) split from Ernst.
What would 'alleged' mean, if I may ask?
Thanks

Old 06-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_ View Post
What would 'alleged' mean, if I may ask?
Thanks
Meaning...we cannot confirm nor deny the split. Sure she moved back to Monaco with Alex, and they haven't been seen publicly together for a year-still their marriage could be still in tact and this current arragement works for all involved and that's what matters.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
They're not divorced yet. Whilst Caroline is still married to Ernst, she has every right to the title. And to repeat the oft-repeated quote from Albert, there is no such thing as "First Lady of Monaco". Previously, Caroline and Stephanie shared that "role". Now one would assume it will Charlene, Caroline and Stephanie who will share it.
True, Thecia. You be right, sister. But..... ........ it surely is a cool title. I wanna be First Lady of Monaco. Wait No I don't. Cancel cancel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary
Caroline looks awful! What's going on??
How is it she looks "awful?" What do you mean?
Old 06-28-2010, 03:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
True, Thecia. You be right, sister. But..... ........ it surely is a cool title. I wanna be First Lady of Monaco. Wait No I don't. Cancel cancel!!

How is it she looks "awful?" What do you mean?
Oh absolutely. I love lavishing that title - on Caroline in particular. She's just awesome where others are so not. I wouldn't mind the role either, were it not for what the job entails...

I've got no idea what they mean to be honest. She doesn't look awful. Really, is she supposed to look perfect all the time? I feel like people sit on one extreme or the other - she either looks fantastic or she looks terrible. Can she not just look "okay"? She looked good enough and right for the occasion. It's a conference on refugees, not a ball. And she's 53, it's not like we can expect her to be as perfect and youthful as she was in the eighties.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
What will happen now with Caroline ?
Charlène will be Monaco's first Lady , and she HRH Princess of Hannover without the Prince?
Growing Alexandra practically alone is tiring enough,and she still has (and probably will have) her title.It will happen what exactly is happening for years now with Stephanie (enjoy Monaco,herself,her kids,her spare time).It's not that bad.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Aristocracy

The recent pictures show me that, despite Ernest is away, there is so much love and affection between Caroline and her kids... They all look radiant.
I like very very much the way the Princess looks both in public appearances and in private moments.
Many thanks to everybody who posts pictures.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Aristocracy

Well, even if Caroline raises Alexandra by herself, I HIGHLY doubt that it'll be tiring, since she ( Caroline ) surealy has a plotoon of nannies and baby sitters to rely on.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Even if all these people help her she will be the only one with Alexandra's responsibility.It's not necessary to dig in order to tell that you are tired.But i get your point and you're right in the sence of it is harder for other women who don't have these means.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
They're not divorced yet. Whilst Caroline is still married to Ernst, she has every right to the title. And to repeat the oft-repeated quote from Albert, there is no such thing as "First Lady of Monaco". Previously, Caroline and Stephanie shared that "role". Now one would assume it will Charlene, Caroline and Stephanie who will share it.

There will only be one person fufilling the role of Prince Albert's wife - Charlene. Princesses Caroline and Stepanie shared official duties because Prince Albert was not married and Princess Grace (sadly) has passed. After Prince Albert marries, Caroline and Stephanie will support the Prince and his wife, not share Charlenes role.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:12 AM
Courtier

I think the role of "Albert's wife" (which to me is a personal role ) and the role of "First Lady" (which doesn't really exist) are two different things. What I meant is the official roles one would expect a "First Lady" to fulfill. I doubt Charlene will fulfill all of them. I agree with whoever it was (I think it was Renata or Bones) that said that in the beginning at least, Monegasques will be more comfortable and familiar with Caroline and Stephanie. Just the same as they acted with Grace. I mean, I'm not writing Charlene off but let's not write Caroline or Stephanie off either, hmm? I don't know of any ruling family in the world who puts all the responsibilities on one member and says the others are just support acts. Sure, there are some people who have more responsibilities than others but they work as a team, sharing responsibilities. Albert, Caroline and Stephanie have acted as a team for a long time now. I doubt that will change just because Albert's getting married.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think PC, PS and the kids will ever be totally out of the picture. They got the glamour gene and PA did not. It remains to be seen about Charlene , but right now she is not in their league. Monaco relies heavily on their glamorous image and all of the free publicity that it brings. It's nothing personal, it's just business.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Courtier

It's just very good business.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I don't think PC, PS and the kids will ever be totally out of the picture. They got the glamour gene and PA did not. It remains to be seen about Charlene , but right now she is not in their league. Monaco relies heavily on their glamorous image and all of the free publicity that it brings. It's nothing personal, it's just business.
My thoughts exactly....well said.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

I agree - I think, also, if the principality feels that Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie (and their kids) have been pushed out of duties in favor or Charlene (if it feels like she's being forced down their throats), there will be resentment and backlash....already in the US, on the gossipy shows and magazines, she's being touted as the "new Princess Grace"......PULEEZE!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

In one of the old interview,Caroline said:
"I really can't wait Albert to marry and his wife taking a part of my duties".
maybe she is even happy now
she is got finnaly her retirement.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Courtier

I don't know about her personally but she gave thirty years of her life, made sacrifices that some of us wouldn't even dream of and all for...? If I were her, I'd at least wonder a little bit what it was all for. Almost her entire adult life has been geared toward this and now, she gets what? Peace and quiet obviously (though not a life out of the spotlight - people are always going to be interested in her) but has she honestly come this far and given this much for her country to get almost nothing in return and now fade into obscurity? If that is the case, fortune has short changed her in my opinion. Normally I'm not the judging kind, nor the kind to dismiss others' trials but she has sacrificed more than Albert (what has he seriously gone through that could or would cause more severe harm, other than losing his parents?) and as much as Stephanie (though what she sacrificed and how it was given was obviously incredibly traumatic for her - I'm reluctant to say more traumatic because there's no way to judge). In short, what I'm saying is, do I think that she and Stephanie are deserving of more than what some people here are predicting they'll get? Absolutely. Devoting your life to your country is a noble thing (and I'm not excluding Albert from that) but to say that they now get practically nothing for their good - no, extraordinary - deeds and that that's the way it goes and they should just accept that is hardly fair in my opinion. This should not be a competition of who's the better princess or a soap opera where they are constantly fighting for position but I do think that to let Charlene take centre stage and - to be honest - get all the glory for what they have worked so hard for isn't fair. And that's not necessarily "the way it works". There should be room on the "stage" for more than one princess.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Serene Highness

I agree, Thecia - I think that Princess Caroline will continue to support AMADE, and Princess Stephanie will continue to support her HIV/AIDS charity - things like the Prince Pierre Foundation, the flower show, arts-related events, etc - some of those appearances may go to Charlene. Charities that associated closely with Caroline and Stephanie will (or should) stay with them, since they've devoted many years to their support, and might effect contributions if they are replaced.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Courtier

I have to say, though I think Caro will continue with the charities, etc. she's probably relieved not to have that responsibility anymore. Remember when everybody was looking for her at the Grand Prix this year and she was chilling on her yacht? Yeah, I think she's happy to kiss some of those duties good-bye. I just hope that Andrea, Char, and Pierre remain in the picture somehow. Actually, just Char and Pierre. Adore those two.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't know about her personally but she gave thirty years of her life, made sacrifices that some of us wouldn't even dream of and all for...? If I were her, I'd at least wonder a little bit what it was all for. Almost her entire adult life has been geared toward this and now, she gets what? Peace and quiet obviously (though not a life out of the spotlight - people are always going to be interested in her) but has she honestly come this far and given this much for her country to get almost nothing in return and now fade into obscurity? If that is the case, fortune has short changed her in my opinion. Normally I'm not the judging kind, nor the kind to dismiss others' trials but she has sacrificed more than Albert (what has he seriously gone through that could or would cause more severe harm, other than losing his parents?) and as much as Stephanie (though what she sacrificed and how it was given was obviously incredibly traumatic for her - I'm reluctant to say more traumatic because there's no way to judge). In short, what I'm saying is, do I think that she and Stephanie are deserving of more than what some people here are predicting they'll get? Absolutely. Devoting your life to your country is a noble thing (and I'm not excluding Albert from that) but to say that they now get practically nothing for their good - no, extraordinary - deeds and that that's the way it goes and they should just accept that is hardly fair in my opinion. This should not be a competition of who's the better princess or a soap opera where they are constantly fighting for position but I do think that to let Charlene take centre stage and - to be honest - get all the glory for what they have worked so hard for isn't fair. And that's not necessarily "the way it works". There should be room on the "stage" for more than one princess.
Oh I think you are going overboard here. As in all royal houses, the spouse of the king, ruler, crown prince has rank by protocol. Simple as that. Marriage to Albert does not mean "nothing in return", Charlene gets all the glory", "fade into obscurity" etc......goodness. sounds as if too many posters are equating Monaco palace life with badly written soap operas. Albert loves his sisters. He is not going to act like a wicked child and push and shove his siblings out of the palace. When Rainier married Grace, Antoinette's position by protocol changed forever. That is just a fact, not machiavellian plotting.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:07 AM
Courtier

Would you read my post again please? Thanks.

Closed Thread