Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Administrator

All posts from today about Princess Caroline's visit at the
Flower Show have been moved to the right thread:

** Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 5 **

Old 05-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Courtier

Zimbio has a couple of pictures of Caroline taken the day before yesterday after she took her dogs for a walk:
Princess Caroline Pictures - Princess Caroline of Hanover Walks her Dog - Zimbio

Old 05-15-2010, 04:00 AM
Administrator

Thanks a lot for the link, Thecia! I wonder where the pics were
taken, we normally don't see many paparazzi pics from Monaco
(compared to the past), but now during the Grand Prix days there
is of course a much larger media presence..
Old 05-15-2010, 04:16 AM
Aristocracy

The race and bunch of pics are tomorrow right? First GP sans Ernst!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Thanks a lot for the link, Thecia! I wonder where the pics were
taken, we normally don't see many paparazzi pics from Monaco
(compared to the past), but now during the Grand Prix days there
is of course a much larger media presence..
The sign in the second picture says 2 roues (deux-roues or motorbikes) and there are motorbikes behind her. The sign also says (le) Paddock F1, so she's walking around the F1 Paddock (or F1 Paddock Club), which I think (I only think, I can't remember for sure) in Monaco is somewhere around the yacht club, right on the water front. The Paddock Club is where all the corporates and VIPs hang out and is rather prestigious (I think I read once that some of the F1 bosses have trouble actually getting in, if that's an indication to you). If you have a Paddock Club ticket, you get all kinds of stuff like an open bar with champagne, lunch, a walkabout in pit lane, tea, coffee, parking (which is a rarity ), access to the Pit Building Lounge and Terrace (which is right by the start/finish strait), and VIP access to the circuit - so it is quite exclusive. There is another option of course - you could just be like Flavio Briatore and have a six (or seven?) story yacht and park it up right next to the track. Works just as well.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Brilliant observation, Thecia! I hadn't noticed the sign at all..

La Bouche d'Or, we have an extra thread for the Grand Prix, that can
be found here. Last year neither Ernst-August nor Caroline attended
the race.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Courtier

Instead of attending the Monaco Grand Prix, Caroline spent the day on Pacha. Which sounds far more relaxing.
WENN Photo Library
I don't know why but I find the photos of Caroline brushing her hair vaguely amusing.

I just realized that these photos were apparently taken in Antibes - she could be heading to Cannes!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Courtier

More photos of Caroline on Pacha III off the coast of Antibes, France on Grand Prix Day, May 16 2010.
Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4 - Pic 5
Pic 6 - Pic 7 - Pic 8 - Pic 9 - Pic 10
Pic 11 - Pic 12 - Pic 13 - Pic 14 - Pic 15
Old 05-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Thanks for sharing! She looks sad and alone. Sort of reminds of Princess Diana...
Old 05-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

Do you folks think she was aware of paparazzi all around her boat? If yes, that would be a quite symbolic situation, where our wonderful Caroline makes way for younger generation, marvellous children that one day will be rulling the principality. Weathered by life, always vivid and constantly doing silly things, she must think back on her life, parents, tender moments etc.
If not, then it might be just a normal 'bad day', when like any other human being she needs some solitutude, contact with peaceful sea ( that took away her beloved man's life).

One needs to be said for sure : A stupendous woman.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pics. She does look alone... :(
Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Thanks for sharing! She looks sad and alone. Sort of reminds of Princess Diana...

But being on the Pacha all by herself was her choice, i mean, she could easily have chosen to participate at the Grand Prix ( both the race and the gala ), so why feeling sad or alone? As for comparing her to Princess Diana, i can't agree with you Tosca. P. Caroline is much cleverer and stronger than Diana ever was, she's a fighter and she only does whatever she wants to. So i guess she decided not to be in Montecarlo last sunday, therefore why should she feel sad or alone?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
More photos of Caroline on Pacha III off the coast of Antibes, France on Grand Prix Day, May 16 2010.
Pic 14 - Pic 15
She looks like she is taking in the sun and enjoying it. But in previous photos Princess Caroline looks like she missing her children's and might be thinking about her life. Where is her youngest child?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Courtier

^^^ School most likely. And um...just how exactly is Caroline "cleverer" and "stronger" than Princess Diana?"
Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Courtier

Every now and then any of us can reach a point in our day-to-day life where we say, "I can't take another minute of this!" Sometimes all we need is a get-away weekend to recharge our batteries. Besides, Prince Albert has not provided a wife and heir. Princess Caroline's duties as first lady appear to be for life. Anyone can become frustrated fed up with situations. Since her sons and daughter are adults, maybe it is time for them to help with the first lady duties. Where was Princess Stephanie?
Old 05-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Courtier

But Stephanie never comes. I had hoped perhaps Louis (who participated in the charity game) and Pauline, who are now of age to make their own decisions would come in her stead, but apparently not.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4 - Pic 5
Pic 6 - Pic 7 - Pic 8 - Pic 9 - Pic 10
Pic 11 - Pic 12 - Pic 13 - Pic 14 - Pic 15
Nice photos thanks for posting them, although Caroline probably would have preferred the paps to take a day off, since she looks like she 's just trying to relax and enjoy some much deserved private time for herself. I mean it is her boat , as much as I'm sure she loves her children, she probably is quite capable of enjoying herself without them. And they are all adults now with their own lives. She was probably hoping the paps would be focused on the Grand Prix and for a change she might be able to enjoy a day out on her boat, on her own, and without the razzis bugging her.

I don't think she looks sad, just because she is alone . Most people enjoy having some time to themselves, myself included! Unfortunately I don't have a boat like that. But if I did, I wouldn't just keep it just for company.. More power to her I say! I hope she had a nice day, even if we missed her this year at the Grand Prix.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Instead of attending the Monaco Grand Prix, Caroline spent the day on Pacha. Which sounds far more relaxing.
WENN Photo Library
I don't know why but I find the photos of Caroline brushing her hair vaguely amusing.

I just realized that these photos were apparently taken in Antibes - she could be heading to Cannes!
Thanks Thecia, I like these photos, she just looks human, brushing out her hair outside on a nice day to me. They're nice pics.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Nobility

Power to Princess Caroline for enjoying time out on her own..... I think she knows what she wants - she has the support of her family be it her children or brother/sister but she has the POWER to do what ever she wants her way - go for it I say!!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Aristocracy

I admire her for her patientce!Can you imagine to be still photographed...even through very privates moments?I would be veryyyy embarassed.Good for you,Princess that you don't pay attention to the paps...I think she just used to live like that

Closed Thread