Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mia, that's a cute "parody" you're using as your picture. LOL

I haven't seen an official bio or autobio of Charlene. There is a book about the team she swam with "Schwimmer (SudAfrika)" but it was out of print the last time I looked on Amazon.com.

Last edited:
She probably has six hairdressers when in Monaco and some stylists as well and a catalogue of Armani's and others and some spectacular jewels. She has probably more people to look after her appearance (stylist, hairdresser, jeweller, etc...) than Kate Middleton !!! for my part it's not some dislike but I dont think it's will be too difficult to smile a bit and be more interactive and display some warm attitude. She really seems unease (more than when in Japan I find) and Albert is a little responsible because he doesnt seem to take care of her when in public. I regret her choices to have done so many shooting for glamorous publications. She has an image to build before doing these things. I really liked her and was very happy when they got engaged. But I discovere a person I cant warm. I saw footage of her dated a few years ago when she was at the olympic games (dont know where I dont remember). She was funny and jovial and full of life. And now the image she gave is not a good one for me (sorry I'm very limited in english vocabulary). I saw photos from today, ... same remarks. Go to Getty images and you will see. When you are in public you have to participate with people who surrounds you. It goes both way. The evening is beautiful of course. and the jewels just right and perfect it's perfectly true.

Never fear, you make yourself perfectly clear. As for her change in demeanor, she's a grown-up now. When she was swimming she was a young adult who had the luxury of being funny, jovial and full of life. She now has to present a more reserved public attitude so as not to overshadow Albert. I'm sure she is the same fun-loving girl as before, but we are unlikely to see that side of her again in public. She has a different job now.

The Prince Albert said in an interview in the Figaro the day before the national fest, that Charlene had many humour, he also said in an exclusiv interview in Gala at the moment of the national Fest that her energy, her humour, her generosity will help him in their future life, many people as Stephan Bern , Princess Stephanie, Christiane Stalh said that she had an anglo saxon humour, I also saw the pictures on Belga pictures, profimedia,during the national fest Charlene and princess stephanie laughinga lot, as at the sainte Devote fest, we saw Prince Albert and Charlene laughing to gether on the balcony, She smiled very often like the other princess, during this travel in Eire, we saw Charlene very smiling. But she will be the future princess soverighn and she must be more reserved, in Eire she was very well specially with the children at the Galway town and at the small town, we see her very relaxed with the people in the street, shaking hands or waving or sending kisses it is on the profimedia or isopix site, But everybody cannot like her, I understand

Thank you Cailin Deas..I did not know that this was not CW's first visit to Ireland.

Did she come alone in the past, or with PA?

I met them both on a private visit in the West of Ireland about year ago and I understand CW has made private visits also alone.

Did you talk to them Cailin Deas ? If yes how were they ?

I met them both on a private visit in the West of Ireland about year ago and I understand CW has made private visits also alone.

Wow...that's interesting! What were they like as a couple, or individually?:whistling:

Wow lucky you,my late father did meet the late Prince & Princess in June 1961.

Yes, we have all been charmed by her this week but don't forget that Miss Wittstock has been to Ireland many times and is quite at ease with us !!

IMO she looked great on this visit - very elegant and relaxed.

I agee with you,I think a lot of Irish people are more aware that there's another Royal Wedding this year ;)

I agee with you,I think a lot of Irish people are more aware that there's another Royal Wedding this year ;)

Yes, Ard Ri, and perhaps one the Irish are MORE interested in..............:whistling:

Wow...that's interesting! What were they like as a couple, or individually?:whistling:

I liked them both but I forund CW easier to deal with as she has come from more or less the same background as myself. She did not have the same sense of "entitlement" as her fiance. ( An enormously pleasant man but perhaps a little haughty as in Rainier and Antoinette..

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked them both but I forund CW easier to deal with as she has come from more or less the same background as myself. She did not have the same sense of "entitlement" as her fiance. ( An enormously pleasant man but perhaps a little haughty as in Rainier and Antoinette..

Cailin, was Charlene better looking in person or in photos?

Cailin, was Charlene better looking in person or in photos?

I would not say "better-looking" as such. I thought she looked much more "real" - it has long been my opinion that CW can look cold and distant and somewhat "plastic" in photos. In person she is much warmer and relaxed than she appears in photos.

I also noted that she tended to smile much more in Ireland than she does in Monaco !!!

That's the first time I've seen PA described as haughty. He's always seemed pretty down to earth to me; considering his job.

I would not say "better-looking" as such. I thought she looked much more "real" - it has long been my opinion that CW can look cold and distant and somewhat "plastic" in photos. In person she is much warmer and relaxed than she appears in photos.

I also noted that she tended to smile much more in Ireland than she does in Monaco !!!

Good to know that! People always come across something different in photos than what they are in real life.
And i also noted that she seems to be more comfortable anywhere but Monaco. Just remember the SA pics too (well, that's logical, it's her country)

I noticed that on the photos of her South Africa trip, too. Seems that she feels uncomfortable in Monaco :ermm:

Perhaps she feels a little in awe of Grace and Caroline and it makes her a little nervous. IMO she is much , much more real than either of them and will be a super Princesse de Monaco !

PC said once that they were trained not to show their emotions. Isn't that also part of the French culture?

I find it fascinating and pleasing that Prince Albert still keeps up connections with the Irish side of his family, especially since he's only 1/4 Irish, and his fiancee is none whatsoever. .

This makes me hope that perhaps the Kelly side of his family will turn up at the wedding?

Actually Albert's fiancee has quite a bit in common with his mother's side of the family, besides the obvious of course (aka blonde, blue eyes, fair skin) there is the fact that his maternal grandfather was a 3-time Olympic Gold Medalist in Rowing, not to mention his uncles' success in water as well.

Charlene will be a great addition to the family! :flowers:

As far as her seeming uncomfortable in Monaco, this is only natural imho, for several reasons ~ she's living in a foreign country, foreign culture, foreign language, foreign religion, foreign race. Therefore she has a lot to live up to, expectations from the Monegasque people will be high, but most especially her own expectations of herself will be very high. But luckily for Charlene she's marrying into a family that welcomes her with open arms by all accounts and appearances. :flowers:

GOOOO CHARLENE, FIRST LADY OF MONACO!!!! (can't wait until they have kids) :)

yes, I read somewhere in a newpaper that Princess Caroline was trained by her father and also her mother also the protocole not showing their emotions or their feelings, Prince Rainier said to Grace Kelly before their wedding 'not to be surprised he would be very seroius during the wedding', apart Princess Stephanie, they always seem to be cold or haughly.In France it is in our culture not to show our feelings or not to say what we are thinking. Charlene said to the reporter the interview in SA there are a difference of mentalitis, we, south africans are used to say what we are feeling, we often say we wear our heart on our sleeves, she said alqo the a radio talk in SA, that south african said often houaah!! but now she adjusted and she is very happy.

What does CW serious and rigid expressions hace to do with not showing emotions? Why should she not show them in Monaco and show them abroad? It´s ridiculous. She´s supposed to be a happy fiancee. This is far away from what we see in pictures. I donñ´t see any reason to repress her feelings when she´s supposed to sell a happy image. I am not sure she´s that happy in Monaco. She doesn´t look like she´s in love either.

I never read Caroline said that. I did read one in which she said she had been adviced not to smile too much in pictures so that people could make up their own opinion.

Last edited:
Anybody could interpret anything on anyphoto, I prefer to see a video than a photo, there is a video called tendance tv 17 march 2011 Charlene Wittstock with the ladies lunch, she apprares at the middle of the video, you will see a Charlene who is kind, she is in Monaco, she is well, very happy, she is not as you describes her, But anybody can interpret what he wants, no matter

Melina is right. We can't really judge from an image, even a moving image. And even then, we still can't come to any conclusions.
Human beings can (and do) wear masks to shield themselves from harm.

Albert is 1/4 Irish ?? Actulayy he is not Irish at all and neither was Grace. It was Grace's grandparents who were Irish. However, PA sure does feel at ease here and last week said it was more like a "homecoming" than a state visit.

IMO CW is very happy in Monaco and looking forward to her marriage which I'd say will be her only one. ! My bet is the convert princess will take her vows more seriously than the "born" ones did.

Umm, excuse me, yes he does have 1/4 Irish blood running through his veins from his mother, who was 1/2, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Actually Albert and Charlene's children will have more German ancestry than anything else. Albert is 1/4 German whereas his wife-to-be is pure German. Oddly enough the same makeup as Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August of Hanover's only child, Princess Alexandra. :)

Anyhow, it's good to see that you now feel that Charlene is happy in Monaco. It's just too bad that you have to take sly jabs at her future in-laws in the process, but that says more about you than it does Charlene. She's a real lady.

As for me, I wish them ALL well. :flowers:

LONG LIVE THE HOUSE OF GRIMALDI!!!! :cool:

I find it fascinating and pleasing that Prince Albert still keeps up connections with the Irish side of his family, especially since he's only 1/4 Irish, and his fiancee is none whatsoever. .

This makes me hope that perhaps the Kelly side of his family will turn up at the wedding?

Actually Albert's fiancee has quite a bit in common with his mother's side of the family, besides the obvious of course (aka blonde, blue eyes, fair skin) there is the fact that his maternal grandfather was a 3-time Olympic Gold Medalist in Rowing, not to mention his uncles' success in water as well.

Charlene will be a great addition to the family! :flowers:

As far as her seeming uncomfortable in Monaco, this is only natural imho, for several reasons ~ she's living in a foreign country, foreign culture, foreign language, foreign religion, foreign race. Therefore she has a lot to live up to, expectations from the Monegasque people will be high, but most especially her own expectations of herself will be very high. But luckily for Charlene she's marrying into a family that welcomes her with open arms by all accounts and appearances. :flowers:

GOOOO CHARLENE, FIRST LADY OF MONACO!!!! (can't wait until they have kids) :)
That thirty year age gap is jolting ye gods get a grip- I would never marry a man older by that much no matter what kinda money; position; title etc he had or wanted to throw at me-

It is, I, believe, a 19 year gap. Perhaps, you are not good in math. Neither am I, but I can subtract. No one can say never, unless you, actually, rebuffed a marriage proposal by a prince, who was much older. So, get a grip.

Umm, excuse me, yes he does

Yes. Albert is 1/4 German. His grandmother, Margaret Majer was b orn in Schloss Helmsdorf.
He was born to a Monegasque father and an American mother. His mother was born to a german mother andan American father who had Irish ancestry. - This does NOT make Albert 1/4 Irish.
And, Yes, I believe Miss Wittstock is a real lady - much more of a lady than either of Al's sisters or aunt. Sorry that you dont like it but thats my opinion.

That thirty year age gap is jolting ye gods get a grip- I would never marry a man older by that much no matter what kinda money; position; title etc he had or wanted to throw at me-

Prince Albert was born in March 1958, and Charlene was born in January 1978.

I am terrible at math, but I don't think that is anywhere close to a thirty year age difference.

Umm, excuse me, yes he does

Yes. Albert is 1/4 German. His grandmother, Margaret Majer was b orn in Schloss Helmsdorf.
He was born to a Monegasque father and an American mother. His mother was born to a german mother andan American father who had Irish ancestry. - This does NOT make Albert 1/4 Irish.
And, Yes, I believe Miss Wittstock is a real lady - much more of a lady than either of Al's sisters or aunt. Sorry that you dont like it but thats my opinion.

We are all entitled to our opinions, Cailin Deas, that much I agree. In fact it would be a boring world if we all felt alike and thought alike. But that also means we are also entitled to agree to disagree, in a civil manner of course, and thus I agree to disagree with you. :)

Btw, I enjoyed reading your impressions of Charlene and Albert in Ireland, you are one lucky lass to have met them both in person. :)

Lol, and at least we both agree on Charlene, she will indeed make a mighty fine First Lady of Monaco, let alone a Princess! :cool:

GOOOOOOOOOO CHARLENE (& ALBERT OF COURSE)!!!!! :flowers:

Oh yes GOOOD Charlène, only two months and the half for the wedding : I realy can't wait !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom