The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Courtier

^^That was taken at the ZSpoke & Purple Magazine after party in NYC. It was right after she attended the dinner. And it's not the best picture, but I agree that she could never be ugly. I love her Gucci trench by the way.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

I'm not saying she's ugly, but in this picture.. I have to disagree about any angle being flattering.. this one is quite disturbing.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomasie View Post
Have you guys seen this picture yet? I found it at the fashion spot. I can't ID when it was taken. Perhaps at that party she didn't want to be seen? All I know is that this is the first pic in which Char looks, well, ugly.

http://i54.tinypic.com/i1l84z.jpg
....looks like a late night has gotten the best of her.....
Old 02-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
It's not easy to criticize someone's, especially a woman's physicality.
Oh, I'd never criticize anyone's flat figure if I though it was natural!
But I don't think that Charlotte's is. She looks like someone who puts on some weight naturally and easily.
I may be wrong but it looks like she is trying to be fashionably slim on purpose. The big head usually is a giveaway. Naturally slim people are proportionate.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Aristocracy

Ever since this subject came up I've been trying to find signs of thinness on Char's but haven't found any. Maybe it's because her arms are very muscular?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Ever since this subject came up I've been trying to find signs of thinness on Char's but haven't found any. Maybe it's because her arms are very muscular?
She is an athlete, perhaps that is keeping her fit and trim. Also, Princess Caroline and Stephanie have been slim all of their lives. Charlotte has inherited good genes.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
She is an athlete, perhaps that is keeping her fit and trim. Also, Princess Caroline and Stephanie have been slim all of their lives. Charlotte has inherited good genes.
No, she is not an athlete, just a horse rider (I don't say that as a bad thing, I am a horse rider myself!) Have you seen the bodies of professional horse riders who ride everyday, several horses a day? They look nothing like Charlotte's who is just an amateur who by they way is gone partying to New York when the jumping season is starting around Paris? Weird.

Also, this may surprise you, but developed biceps are not good for horse riding. When you ride you should never use your upper-arm muscles, because you should never pull on the reins (and when you pull you use your biceps).

I don't agree either when you say that she looks like her mother and aunt. Caroline and Stephanie had never been that thin. They are thin women with athletic body shapes but you could never count their ribs the way you can do and they never had the arms of a starving person. Also, when they have been a little been rounder they had always been rather flat chested, while Charlotte has gone to having normal breasts to become totally flat, as if her system had desperately eaten all the fat in her body.

As I said, I would never say anything about anybody natural thinness. But I am kind of worried that some of you seem to see Charlotte's body as naturally healthy slim or that been that extremely skinny means having good genes. It kind of says a lot of what a "natural" female body image seems to be today, and frankly it's kind of scary!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Have you guys seen this picture yet? I found it at the fashion spot. I can't ID when it was taken. Perhaps at that party she didn't want to be seen? All I know is that this is the first pic in which Char looks, well, ugly.

Are you sure that it is Charlotte ???
Old 02-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Nobility

She has always been thin. When she stopped jumping, she gain weight.

14*15*16*17*18*19*20*21*22*23*24

Charlotte looks healthy, she not looks sick.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerehh View Post

Char's body was great in the 21 picture but i don't like it now. It is exaggerated and i don't think it's well athletic.
At least she could do sth with that posture she has.
As a proffesional horse rider, Zara Phillips, has a way different body in comparison to Char.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Courtier

I agree with you, I really like her 20/21 body (actually i had forgotten that she actually has a very nice, soft and womanly body! She could be SO much beautiful than she is now!)
By the way, at 14-15 Charlotte was riding, and she had a fuller figure than she has now. Horse jumping does not make you that skinny, it's not gimnastic or athletics!
As azure says, Zara Phillips is a pro, one of the best in the world and she looks like this:
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...DM_468x687.jpg
And Athina? Is she muscled or skinny?
Actually I don't know of any jump rider who looks as skinny as Charlotte does.

By the way, the picture you have at 16 was actually taken when Charlotte was 17 (2003), while playing volley in some beach. Charlottemariepomeline blog has the dates wrong. At 16 she really did go through some kind of eating desorder and she was obviously sick. Remember the terrible pics of her in the blue bikini going down from a the boat?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia View Post
Are you sure that it is Charlotte ???
Yes I am! That's definitely her.

I agree with everything trepstep said! But my favourite body was at the age of 18/19
Old 02-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte said she is a jogger. Runners tend to be pretty thin, especially if they run several miles a day. She probably also does something like weightlifting, yoga or aerobics. I agree with TrepStep though. When you can see all of her ribs she is either over excercising or under eating.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Charlotte said she is a jogger. Runners tend to be pretty thin, especially if they run several miles a day. She probably also does something like weightlifting, yoga or aerobics. I agree with TrepStep though. When you can see all of her ribs she is either over excercising or under eating.
Well, we know she is over perfectionist. I don't know why but for some reason I always thought she was that way and I wasn't surprised to read about it in her ELLE interview.
She maybe isn't obsesing about her weight in a silly fashionist and superficial way, but as a result of her perfectionist personality. She supposedly had an eating disorder when she was 15-16, and very perfectionist personality types sometimes have anorexic tendencies.
She propably puts herself under a lot of stress unwilingly, or stress prevents her from eating properly?
In any case it is a shame because she was such an amazing beauty at lately, well, she is not the same...
Old 02-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Aristocracy

As for Charlotte body, this is my 2 cents. The pics from Rio almost scared me because you could count her ribs and she has zero breast. I mean there was nothing in her bikini top, and I mean nothing.....
She is way too thin and too muscular. It is up to her what to do with her body and she is adult enough to understand ( I hope ) that freaky thin is not beautiful nor healthy.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

Way too thin and too muscular is a wrong combination..
Hmm, yoga or aerobics? I love those kind of exercises that help & calm the body and mind at the same time, but her body doesn't show me for doing either aerobics nor yoga. Her posture would be definitely better plus she wouldn't have this hunch in her back.
As a rider - here it has nothing to do if she's a proffesional or not - i think she should follow a proper diet that wouldn't let her body look like that.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone see a correlation between her relationship with Alex Dellal and her weight loss issue.....when she was younger and/or with Felix, she didn't seem so stressed and unhappy. I attribute some of her recent behavior (unflattering "late night" pictures; weight loss; more frequent pouting, etc) to her relationship.....prior to him, not so much. Stress and pressure are part of anyone's lives at times (school, career, family issues, etc), but if you do not have someone supportive, or someone putting more pressure on you, or you change your whole life for this person and it's not paying off, it's eventually going to show in the person's demeanor and appearance; perhaps we're seeing that.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

This does not look like her at all.
I think it is just a bad angle, I would call her freaky more than ugly.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerehh View Post

WOW! Its scary to see what has happened to her body. I have always been super skinny, so I know the diff between skinny and sickly, and Charlotte does not look well. Compare #15 to the Rio pics!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
Does anyone see a correlation between her relationship with Alex Dellal and her weight loss issue.....when she was younger and/or with Felix, she didn't seem so stressed and unhappy. I attribute some of her recent behavior (unflattering "late night" pictures; weight loss; more frequent pouting, etc) to her relationship.....prior to him, not so much. Stress and pressure are part of anyone's lives at times (school, career, family issues, etc), but if you do not have someone supportive, or someone putting more pressure on you, or you change your whole life for this person and it's not paying off, it's eventually going to show in the person's demeanor and appearance; perhaps we're seeing that.
I see it! I totally agree with you!
One possibility. I can see Alex not being popular with the old guard at the palace. He is not cut from the same cloth as Beatrice or Tatiana, old money catholic. He's been called Charlotte's Felipe Junot. Anyway, I think she knows full well that Alex is not popular and it could be a big stress point.
Caroline and family's visit to Rio could have been their way of giving Charlotte support, for Alex AND his family. I can seriously see these people not being popular with the conservative set in Monaco!

Closed Thread