The Prince of Orange, Current Events 1 (October 2005 - May 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually wonder, do normal fathers have any days of maternaty leave here in The Netherlands? I wouldn't have minded him to stay at home for a few days. Must be dangerous for him to go away so quickly. I read some funny articles in newspapers about people who have several daugheters. Apparently they are already forming new coalitions against him ;). And then Carmen Cerruti is at Eikenhorst to, which shouldn't help the case of this (self-claimed) 'cockerel'.

27 april will W-A celebrate his 40th birthday. NOS Actueel will broadcast the program "Portrait of a prince, Willem-Alexander 40" (Portret van een Prins, Willem-Alexander 40). It will focus on the prince as father, crown prince and water manager. The NOS followed the prince with the camera during 1 year. They even filmed in the garden of Villa Eikenhorst, with the prince playing with his daughters.

Picture of W-A, Maxima, Amalia and Alexia in the garden: http://www.vorsten.nl/img.db?9894

Portret van een Prins, Willem-Alexander 40
NOS Actueel
Nederland 1
27 april 2007, 20.30 - 22.30

Info + picture: NOS

Thanks for the info The Watcher! Do you know if they will put the program online?

The Crownprince looks great! It seems he likes to be father. His smile is really bright every time that his wife gives birth! ;)

Vanesa.

And he obviously enjoyed he sunshine of last weekend, a modest tan makes one look much more healthy...

The RVD announced today, that the prince will celebrate his birthday with family, friends and members of foreign royal houses at Palace Het Loo on saturday 1 September 2007. :clap:

The Watcher said:
The RVD announced today, that the prince will celebrate his birthday with family, friends and members of foreign royal houses at Palace Het Loo on saturday 1 September 2007. :clap:

Absolutely great news indeed!:wub:

Reason for the belated birthday gala is the birth of wee Ariane,as the Prince celebrates his 40th birthday next week friday april 27th,but he will celebrate that day within his family circle.:flowers:

Het Koninklijk Huis

HRH The Prince of Orange opens a Wind Farm

His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange has opened a Wind Farm with 36 turbines in the North Sea, opposite the beach of Egmond aan Zee (province North-Holland). The turbines generate electricity.

The Prince with children during the opening ceremony 1

The Prince with children during the opening ceremony 2

The Prince blows in a little windmill

The Prince in front of two little windmills

Artists performing on the beach 1

The Prince watches the performance and poses for photographers

Artists performing at the beach 2

Last edited:
Palace Het Loo

His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange will celebrate his 40th birthday (April 27th) on Palace Het Loo in Apeldoorn (province Guelders, east of the Netherlands). This will happen 5 months after his birthday actually: September 1st.

The location is this beautiful palace: see picture (click on the picture for bigger size).

The palace has a museal function these days, but can be used by the royal family whens requested. But large royal gatherings usually always have taken place in Amsterdam or The Hague. Two exceptions were the visit of Queen Elizabeth II in 1988, the Queen's 60th birthday in 1998 and now the coming grand celebration of Prince Willem-Alexander's 40th birthday. The Queen uses the medieaeval castle on the same estate (hidden in the woods) as a weekend retreat.

In 1986 Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh visited Palace Het Loo for a diner and fireworks in the style of William & Mary.

Group picture: (click on the picture for bigger size) Pieter van Vollenhoven - HRH The Duke of Edinburgh - HM Queen Beatrix - HM Queen Elizabeth II - HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands - HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands - HRH The Prince of Orange

At the table: (click on the picture for bigger size) Premier Ruud Lubbers - unknown lady - HRH The Prince of Orange - HM Queen Elizabeth II (with blanketing powder on her face) - HRH Prince Claus of the Netherlands

Reconstruction (click on the picture for bigger size) of a fireworks displayed for William & Mary (note that the large park was illuminated by thousands of candles!)

The diner company enjoying the fireworks on the palace's steps

Last edited:
Wow! those are amazing pics!!! I haven't see the Het Loo Palace...Is absolutelly amazing!

Is there anything else made public about this celebration? I assume it will be a private one, but will any foreign royals be invited? I wonder if they will give a ball there, I believe the present restaurant used to be a ballroom, before the restauration.

That is sooooo exciting! Lots of royals, tiaras, dresses, jewels, hopefully all the kids... wonderful news indeed! I can't wait!:flowers:

Cadeau to the Prince of Orange

We never ever have seen images of a birthday to the Prince of Orange. Yes, guests entering and leaving, but never how it looked inside.

In this picture you see one of the rare pictures of a cadeau: the Prince receives his 1985-birthday present, a 4,5 years old gelding, called 'Zender'. The location is the Royal Mews at the Crown Estate Het Loo. (see picture).

Last edited:
Marengo said:
Is there anything else made public about this celebration? I assume it will be a private one, but will any foreign royals be invited? I wonder if they will give a ball there, I believe the present restaurant used to be a ballroom, before the restauration.

Yes,members of Reigning- and non Reigning Houses have been invited as well as family and friends.The restaurant used to be a ballroom,build during the Reign of Queen Wilhelmina,but was still used as such several times,one I know off was the (costumed-)wedding ball of Maurits and Marilène,HM made an entrance as the Fairy-Queen,all in blue and gold and a magic stick in her hand...:wub: .

I'm sure there will be a Ball again,but probably in the Audience Hall on the first floor.No further details are known yet,it's still early day.I've posted the announcement of the RF website on the calendar.

I'm waiting for this event! I imagine how wonderful it ill be. Specially for I love Royal Balls' ;) .

And of course, I suppose that the Orange girls will be there...As well as their lovely cousins, I hope! :wub:

Vanesa.

New portrait of the princely family!

Two wonderful portraits on ANP, I don't know the location where the picture was made.
Most likely it was made on the royal domain De Horsten, where the Prince and Princess live in De Eikenhorst.
Or it was made on the Queen's weekend retreat, Het Oude Loo.

Both pictures show:
HRH the Hereditary Princess of Orange
HM the Queen
HRH Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
HRH Princess Ariane of the Netherlands
HRH the Prince of Orange
HRH Princess Alexia of the Netherlands

Picture 1

Picture 2

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Two wonderful portraits on ANP, I don't know the location where the picture was made.

Picture 1

Picture 2
Are these the first photos of the family? Lovely ones indeed; thank you Henri. Amalia reminds me of Princess Beatrice at that age.

juliana said:
Are these the first photos of the family? Lovely ones indeed; thank you Henri. Amalia reminds me of Princess Beatrice at that age.

Yes. The first official pictures of the Queen with the Oranges with their newest sprout.

:flowers:

I like it how close the Queen is to her grandchildren. Like on this unforgettable picture (with Lady Joanna Zaria & Lady Emma Luana)

Last edited:
Nice pictures ;)

I wish we could have a closeup of Maxima with her newborn daughter.

MissSaga said:
Nice pictures ;)

I wish we could have a closeup of Maxima with her newborn daughter.

I think they will follow soon. It is Sunday and then the Royal Household does not work.
Usually you can download a big High Resilution picture from the royal website.
ANP seems a bit premature with these pics I think, a violation of the embargo.
Anyway, I like it how Amalia is so changed and so playing with The Majesty....
:wub:

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Both pictures show:
HRH the Hereditary Princess of Orange
HM the Queen
HRH Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
HRH Princess Ariane of the Netherlands
HRH the Prince of Orange
HRH Princess Alexia of the Netherlands

Picture 1

Picture 2

Great pics Henri! Thanks for posting them. I hope to see many more on the Prince's birthday.:)

Thanks for posting Henri!:flowers:

Btw,I believe the pictures were taken at the "Eikenhorst".And wow,did the "big sisters" grow!

Last edited:
The Prince's gardrobe, the eye of the photographer: the mise-en-scene

Picture 1

We often look to the ladies' garderobes only, but have attention for the Prince's outfit too, please.

We almost never see him wearing brown shoes, but he has a brown tie, brown pocket, brown socks and brown shoes. Very well dressed. And you know what? It matches very well with his namesake Alexia, wearing a brown dress!

We often forget it, but since he married Princess Máxima, I also find the Prince more 'Italian' dressed.
I think the suit-wearers amongst us will know that 'Italian' means: better tailored suits and less powerdressing.

:flowers:

Also have attention for the mise-en-scene of the picture: besides the Prince and Princess Alexia in brown, you see there is a glass vase with fuchsia-coloured flowers at the other side. And it matches remarkably well with Princess Catharina-Amalia's fuchsia vest.....

It is really a carefully composed picture. Wonderful. Also with the playing fountain and the green trees on the background.

But the focus of all... is The Lady In Red....

Picture 1

Picture 2

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the photo. It is wonderful to see the family with Grandmother.

Thanks Henri for the pictures! It was so exciting to see Queen Beatrix with Willem, Maxima and the three little princesses! I hope many more pictures will follow. And yes, Henri, Willem was well dressed and matched Alexia perfectly.

Please Maxima at least once brush your hair. (Don´t misunderstand me posters, I think Maxima is one of the nicest crownprincesses in the world with her wonderful enthusiastic smile, but her hair.....):wacko:

lucien said:
Thanks for posting Henri!:flowers:

Btw,I believe the pictures were taken at the "Eikenhorst".And wow,did the "big sisters" grow!

Yes, it must have been the Prince's private villa De Eikenhorst indeed: see the arrow on this picture, that must have been the wall on which the Queen and the Oranges have been seated. The picture is made in January 2004. In the meantime all is green and blooming and blossoming. Here is an aerial picture.

:wub:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom