The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 8 (Nov 2008 - April 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see them during a public duty together again. They received a study from the national planning agency about how they think the country will be in 2040.

Willem-Alexander & Máxima; Current Events, Part 8

Yes, I saw them in Radio-Canada (french equivalent of CBC) just after Netherlands scored!!!

Isabelle.

Some pics without watermarks:

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima enjoy the
atmosphere ahead of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Semi Final
match between Uruguay and the Netherlands at Green Point Stadium
on July 6, 2010 in Cape Town, South Africa.

** Uruguay v Netherlands: 2010 FIFA World Cup - Semi Final **

Congratulations for their victory I am delighted !

I'm delighted too! I'm a huge fan of the Netherlands National Team. Ihope they could be champions at the World Cup competition. However, if they are not champions, they should be sub-champions, that is great too! :flowers:

I've seen the match this evening with my heart pounding loud, since I jst wanted "the Oranges" to win. I like Uruguay as a country very much, but as monarchist, I wanted the victory of a monarchist country...and if the crownprincess is Argentinian I would like to see the Netherlands champions more than anything! :D I also likes Germany - my two nephews are half-german, half-argentinian - but I must admit that I wish two monarchist countries as champion and sub-champion. Spain-Netherlands, or Netherlands-Spain would be all right! :blush:

Fanatic? Me? Of course NOT! :innocent::ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

P.D: I just loved the way Princess Maxima and her husband celebrates every single goal their team did, and how they seemed very worried when Uruguay did those two goals.:p

I hope they stay until the final, it would be wonderful to see them again.

I think they said during the photosession that they will stay/come back to the final. But they definitely will be there =)

WA and Maxima were shown very briefly on ESPN Sportscenter, during World Cup highlights. After showing one of the goals, the camera cut to the princely couple for a split second, but I caught sight of the black and white jacket and thought it looked familiar. (WA was standing up and seemed to be readjusting his orange scarf.) The announcer didn't mention them, so probably very few people noticed them, but I was one.

Nice pictures. I saw them yesterday on TV cheering.
Spain is playing tonight. Are there any Spanish royals present in SA?

It was great to see Willem-Alexander and Maxima they were really into the game. Arms around each other cheering quite loudly!

They showed them many times during yesterday's match. Both looked to be having a ball.

Pun not intended BTW...:)

The visit of the prince and princess has been appreciated a lot by the players. Apparently the prince held a speech int he dressing room and several players wanted to be in a picutre with WA and Maxima.

According to the Dutch ambassador in SA, the prince and princess are not in South Africa but went to Mozambique. They will be in Johannesburg for the final against Spain.

It was great to see Alexander and Maxima supporting the national team. Too bad Maxima got a lot of bad press in South America. The press called Southamerican Maxima a traitor and barbaric because she was supporting the Dutch like that and not Uruguay.
I think we couldn't wish for a more fantastic Princess. She doesn't deserve to be critized like that.
The Southamerican press obiviously forgot that our Princess is now Dutch as well.

Again...Princess Maxima COULDN'T support Uruguay, nor Argentina, nor any other team than the Netherland's one, since she is the future consort Queen of the Netherlands. May people understand basic ideas as these ones? :bang::bang::bang:

Other bad things: I've also noticed that cameras wouldn't show Queen Sofia at the match "Spain-Germany". Every time she appeared, they cutted her image off...:angry::censored: It seems that they just wouldn't want to show any Royal just for they are Royals. :bang::bang:

But, oh, wait...this very Sunday, there will be two monarchist countries who should be playing the final match to see who of them two should be the champion of the World Cup 2010. One of them will be the winner and they MUST show the Queen or the Princes of Orange receiving the players. I'm waiting for this day to have my sweet revenge...:devil::brows::ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

P.S: I love both teams and I will be happy if one of them become champion. But I admit I would like to see Spain to become the new champion for it will be the FIRST time this country will win a World Cup Championship! :flowers:

Well tbh, the whole point was the football match not the royals attending.
And she could have supported those two teams in the comfort of her own home, just because she's going to be Queen Consort of The Netherlands, doesn't means she cannot support her home countries.

They don't have to show the Queen or Princes Of Orange, the day is about the football and the players, not the royals attending.

You've got to be kidding me!!

Maxima can't catch a break when it comes to the World Cup it seems. The last one, she got crtiicized for forgetting herself and appearing to cheer for her native Argentina when they played the Netherlands. This year, this happens.

2006 I could understand her being conflicted and forgetting herself to cheer when Argentina scored. That's the land of her birth after all and it's only natural IMO. However, the other day it was not Argentina playing the Netherlands and therefore no conflict, so you'd think she'd be allowed to cheer for her new homeland w/no problem at all.

I should never underestimate the stupidity of the media to try and stir up a hornet's nest. :ermm:

Has this happened concerning Crown Princess Mary whenever Denmark plays Australia in something sporting or does both Countries' media have a bit more common sense?

Of course that in the private of her home Princess Maxima could cheers Argentina ! But I think it's not too proper she would do it IN PUBLIC. It's like Queen Sofia would cheers for Greece inestead of Spain. I know she wouldn't do it. Evidently, her heart would pound a lot when she watchs a match in which Greece's team is playing, but in public, her country is now Spain...

Vanesa.

Again...Princess Maxima COULDN'T support Uruguay, nor Argentina, nor any other team than the Netherland's one, since she is the future consort Queen of the Netherlands. May people understand basic ideas as these ones? :bang::bang::bang:

Other bad things: I've also noticed that cameras wouldn't show Queen Sofia at the match "Spain-Germany". Every time she appeared, they cutted her image off...:angry::censored: It seems that they just wouldn't want to show any Royal just for they are Royals. :bang::bang:

But, oh, wait...this very Sunday, there will be two monarchist countries who should be playing the final match to see who of them two should be the champion of the World Cup 2010. One of them will be the winner and they MUST show the Queen or the Princes of Orange receiving the players. I'm waiting for this day to have my sweet revenge...:devil::brows::ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

P.S: I love both teams and I will be happy if one of them become champion. But I admit I would like to see Spain to become the new champion for it will be the FIRST time this country will win a World Cup Championship! :flowers:

But Holland never won a World Cup before! It will be their first time too! I will go for Holland, I always like their team and I hope to see all the oranjes celebrate tomorrow! :dutchflag::clap:

I'm just hoping I get to see some of it, as I'll be travelling and then have errands to run. The overall World Cup this year has been outstanding and a lot of fun to watch too.

Although my Italian BIL would have a much different opinion of that. ;oD

Anyway...I'll be cheering for Holland, as the ties between Canada and The Netherlands are so deep and special. Too, my late Uncle and my Cousin Nelson both served in the Cdn Forces that liberated the Dutch in WWII, so there's another special reason to cheer for The Orange Tide tomorrow. :eek:D

Hope to see some great shots/footage tomorrow of the Crown Prince and Princess enjoying themselves regardless of the outcome.

officially it's obvious maxima will cheer for holland, but of course she will still watch the argentinian matches with excitement and hope they win. in the same way that if she had a special regard for one of the countries she lived in, she would support them too. the one who she supports the most, only she knows but because of obvious reasons she would support netherlands in public.

this is the case for many other princesses. being the princess of x country doesn't mean that all the feelings towards the countries you previously lived in are erased from memory instantly! mary will still support australia, marie would cheer for a french victory, queen silvia will probably still do it also for germany, etc...

The crown prince was seated next to the Queen of Spain tonight, perhaps because she was alone. Princess Maxima sat to prime minister Balkenende. Willem-Alexander was just interviewed on tv, and said some words of consolation. How horrible to lose for a 3rd time!

Pictures I saw on the New York Times website showed Juan Carlos celebrating with the team after the game.

I really, really wanted Holland to win, but maybe next time. They played well, but the better team had to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom