Royal predictions for 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatia said:
At the time of the pregnancy announcement the Hereditary Grand Duchess gave a comment to the media referring to the "three" of them.

Good, I had missed that 'three' reference.
So, I predict triplets for Stephanie and Guillaume.

One boy and two girls ..
Philippe Henri Charles Guillaume
Marie Alix Stephanie Elisabeth
Claudia Jean Nathalie Alexandra

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is supposed to be lighthearted and fun. Therefore several posts have been deleted or adapted. Please note that:

1. Predictions of deaths are not appreciated. Likewise you may think that a couple will be divorcing in the next year, but that does not mean it is in good taste to share those thoughts in this thread. The same goes for horrible diseases.

2. Posters who enjoy the vendetta of Sussex-fans vs. Cambridge-fans are invited to pursue that avenue on twitter. Not here.

3. This thread is obviously a game of speculation. It would help if people would not take these predictions deadly serious. They are not.

We have had a predictions-thread each year, for more than a decade. This is the first time that it resulted in a slew of reported posts and some members bickering about predictions. It is perhaps a sign of changing & hardening netiquette on one side and on the other side an over-sensitivity by those who seek to be offended by any view that does not correspond to theirs.

It is a change which we see all over social media these last years, it is therefore not surprising it has trickeled down to this forum too. Considering these changes it makes us recoconsider the wisedom of opening a simular thread next year. This thread is supposed to be lighthearted and fun. It is not supposed to be a minefield of opinions.

It would help if posters would treat fellow-posters as a friend with whom they disagree instead of an opponent of whom they must win.

Last edited:
I hadn't realized that Princess Kako hadn't yet attended a garden party, and agree that it is about time. Did the other members of the Imperial Family have to wait until age 25 or later?
No, perhaps university conflict/priority or she wasn't ready. I think once an Imperial member turns 20, s/he can attend while balancing school/job obligations.

Princess Mako was 22 when she attended the 2014 spring garden party.

Princess Akiko was 20 when she attended 2002 autumn garden party.

Princess Yoko was 20 when she attended the 2004 spring garden party.

former-Takamado Princess Noriko was 23 when she attended 2012 spring garden party.

Some years in Getty didn't have group shots so I don't know if Princess Tsuguko attended earlier but she attended 2013 spring garden party at 27. Tsuguko studied abroad at the University of Edinburgh 2004-2008 and then Waseda University 2008-2013.

I think Kako probably would have attended garden parties in 2019 but they were cancelled due to the succession/enthronement events.

Last edited:

One boy and two girls ..

Triplets would certainly be interesting, but I think the “three” are just Guillaume, Stephanie and baby.:lol:

I actually predict another BRF scandal will happen and it won’t be about Andrew or the Sussexes.

Who are you thinking of?

LaRae

No, perhaps university conflict/priority or she wasn't ready. I think once an Imperial member turns 20, s/he can attend while balancing school/job obligations.

Princess Mako was 22 when she attended the 2014 spring garden party.

Princess Akiko was 20 when she attended 2002 autumn garden party.

Princess Yoko was 20 when she attended the 2004 spring garden party.

former-Takamado Princess Noriko was 23 when she attended 2012 spring garden party.

Some years in Getty didn't have group shots so I don't know if Princess Tsuguko attended earlier but she attended 2013 spring garden party at 27. Tsuguko studied abroad at the University of Edinburgh 2004-2008 and then Waseda University 2008-2013.

I think Kako probably would have attended garden parties in 2019 but they were cancelled due to the succession/enthronement events.

Thanks! It seems then that the youngest princesses have been attending their first garden parties at a slightly later stage; perhaps it is simply not given the importance that it used to be.

Um. Not sure I agree with you there. Yes, there's been extensive coverage (and rightful criticism) of the mess he's put himself into. That doesn't make him a punching bag. None of the coverage has been unreasonable, he's just being held responsible for his action. With Harry and Meghan, the British press has been bordering the line to defamation for a long time now by breaking their backs trying to find fault in literally everything they do.

I suppose I didn't understand your reference as the coverage I have read in the British press about the major members of the British Royal Family, including but not limited to the Sussex couple, has nearly always been either highly positive or what you discussed in your first several sentences.

One boy and two girls ..

Of course! I don't know how I missed it. :D

Any notice? I checked all royal sites I know and found nothing.

Perhaps Hannelore was referring to Marlene Koenig's report about a private engagement?

Last edited:
They are already engaged.

Belgium:
Engagement of Princess Maria-Laura & Alexis Warren

That's not very likely as Alixis de Warren got married to Alexa Hirschfeld a few months ago. Laura was among the guests.

Who exactly are you talking about? There are many Frenchmen :)

UK Predictions

1. The Queen continues to scale back her day to day duties, but no regency takes place, while Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince William and Kate continue to take on increasing responsibility and visibility, with Princess Anne, Prince Edward and Sophie promoted by the British media to show their actual value and contribution.

2. First pregnancy for Princess Eugenie and Jack: a girl.

3. Second pregnancy for the Sussexes: a boy.

4. First pregnancy for Lady Ella and Tom: a boy.

5. The Gloucesters and Kents continue to scale back, Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra retire completely.

6. Princess Beatrice and Edo marry at St. George's in the summertime.

7. Prince Andrew maintains a very low profile and does not take part in Trooping the Colour and his public role in the royal family is essentially extinguished. He and Fergie remarry in the autumn with their daughters by their side.

I think that is a good call re a second marriage for Andrew and Sarah, there doesn't appear to have been anybody really serious for either of them in all the years they have been apart.

Great Britain:
QE2 will continue to slow down and spend more time with her husband.
She will also allow Beatrice to have exactly the kind of wedding she wants, be it private or public. Hopefully the press will concentrate on the happy couple and not the father of the bride. Andrew will continue to keep a low profile and spend more time with Fergie.

Denmark:
After a lavish 80th birthday celebration QM will hand over more duties to Frederik and Mary. She will live quietly and devote more time to art - possibly an exhibition.

Joachim and Marie will divide their time between Denmark and France. Frederik will appoint Joachim to take over the day to day operation of Chateau Caix.

Norway: Martha-Louise will cut back on her traveling to spend more time with her daughters. As a result, her relationship with the shaman will cool.

A bit late to make my prediction for 2020 in the first day of 2020:D.

Belgium
* the state visit to UK
* Mathilde wears the Spanish gift tiara as a necklace
* Hopefully Elisabeth wears a tiara in some occasions
(I feel like I had repeated what I wrote last year)

Bhutan
* The couple welcomes their second son

Denmark
* Margrethe has more health issues and maybe hospitalizes a few time, but it doesn't stop her to throw a big gala dinner to celebrate her 80th birthday.
* Christian invites Ingrid Alexandra to attend his confirmation together with her parents. Estelle doesn't join the confirmation but she goes to Denmark with her mother. And we get a picture of three Scandinavian future-future monarchs.

Japan
* Hisako becomes a grandmother again at the end of the year
* still no wedding announcement for Mako
* Masako takes out more interesting jewels which we never saw before like what she did in US state visit in 2019
* The Emperor family adopts another rescued dog, would be great if it's a cat too:p. And they take a lovely family photo with it together with their older dog Yuri. (It just popped up in my mind after I read the article about Yuri)

Luxembourg
* Guillaume and Stephanie welcome their first child which is a girl. Parents'/grandparents' names are not used for her first name but her middle names (which means she has a relatively new name). Elisabeth of Belgium is her godmother. (btw it will be great if they have triplets too:ROFLMAO: Let's have one girl and two younger boys)
* Felix and Claire announce their third pregnancy and it's a boy
* We can confirm that Louis and his 'friend' Scarlett are dating as he brings her to some family gathering. And the family announces their engagement at the end of the year.

The Netherlands
* Catharina-Amalia begins her study in UWCAC just like her father, which means she and Elisabeth will study in the same school and they take some casual photos together as school mates. (Why not having more group photos of future monarchs? I don't mind William or even Charles join them, it's quite convenient right?:D)

Norway
* Harald looks more fragile but he's still very well. And Ingrid Alexandra does some official engagements with her grandfather.
* We hear no news/updates regarding Mette-Marit's illness which means everything is fine for her.
* After what happened in 2019 Martha Louise decides to focus on her three daughters rather than her “business“. Which means her new boyfriend gradually fades out eventually.

Spain
* Juan Carlos' health continues declining
* Some scandals occur on the King's sisters

Sweden
* Victoria escapes from those outfits with ruffles, big sleeves, puss* bow and outdated patterns (lol)
* Madeleine attends the Nobel again and reuse a gown from Silvia which looks breathtaking on her.
* CP and sofia have another boy

Thailand
* the king has a new concubine but her title is stripped couple months later just like what happened in 2019
* as a result, the popularity of the royal family reach to a new low.

UK (oh where to begin...)
* The Queen is still very healthy. However some of her decisions regarding her second son make the public questions her capabilities to reign.
* Philip hospitalizes several times, but he is still very well in 2020.
* Charles and Anne still are the most hard working members. They reveals that they are competing with each other since they are young:D (and Daily Fail: BREAKING: THE ROYAL SIBLING RIVALRY. Well probably they will have something more clickbrait than it)
* Sir Timothy continues holding his step granddaughters upside down. Even the youngest one Lena couldn't escape this fate:ROFLMAO: (Just saw the photos of Timothy and Anne's girl on Tumblr which are really cute)
* The media continue to make fuss about the Cambridge-Sussex relationship, however it's nothing after the scandals of Andrew continue to expose and explode
* Despite all the scandals of her father, Beatrice and Edo happily have their wedding in Spring. She would wear A) the sapphire bandeau B) QM fringe tiara (no just not her mother's). The scale and setting of the wedding is same as her sister's but without broadcast and carriage ride. Grandpa Philip happily attends the wedding.
* Eugenie and Jack welcome their first kid which is a girl
* Harry and Meghan announce their second pregnancy at the end of the year (and Charles welcomes his second granddaughter)
* Meghan participates in state visit for the first time. She wears her wedding tiara but gets a new-to-her earrings loan from the Queen's vault, while kate dusts out some jewels from her mother-in-law (or reverse, just show me some new pieces).
* Sophie gets a new splendid tiara loan even after she had redesigned her wedding tiara (seriously I am going to write it on my every prediction, she deserves it).
* Louise explores more different types of head wears and we find that she, like her mother, looks amazing in most of them.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
:previous:

According to 'Het Niewsblad' the princess is together with Count Alexis de Warren, who looks differently from the man on the photo. But it seems they base their observation on the two of them appearing together at the wedding of Alix de Ligne a few years ago.

Her sister Luisa is dating Karl-Ilias von Auersperg-Bruenner, a grandson of the Greek jeweller Ilias Lalaounis

Yes, the man in the photograph resembles a different (untitled) Frenchman whose name I saw linked to Princess Maria Laura's last year.

At the time of the Ligne wedding Valentin Dupont of Royalement Blog denied the speculation about Count Alexis de Warren, saying that he had a different girlfriend. Hannelore mentioned here that Alexis is now married to Alexa Hirschfeld.

My thoughts :)

Greece
Engagement for Philippos

Japan
Discussion about changes in the line of succession to primogeniture, regardless of gender

Luxembourg
Baby girl for Guillaume and Stephanie

Monaco
Pregnancy and baby girl for Louis and Marie

Norway
Martha Louise breaks up with boyfriend

Sweden
Madeleine and Chris move again

United Kingdom
Second pregnancy for Harry and Meghan
June wedding for Beatrice and Edoardo
Pregnancy and baby boy for Eugenie and Jack

My predictions for 2020 in royal circle

(Belgium)
-Engagement and Wedding of princess Maria Laura
-It will be a private celebration of King Philippe's 60th birthday

(Brunei)
-Fifth pregnancy of crown princess Sarah, a little girl will be born at the end of the year

(Bhutan)
-Queen Jetsun Pema will welcome a baby girl in april

(Denmark)
-A big celebrations of Queen Margrethe II's 80th birthday,
some foreign royals will invited
-Prince Christian's confirmation will held in spring-whole royal family will be there and some of Scandinavian royals include crown princely couple of Norway and princess Ingrid Alexandra,crown princessly couple of Sweden and princess Estelle

(Great Britain)
-A summer wedding for princess Beatrice of York and her fiancé,
Princes George and Louis of Cambridge will be pageboys and Princess Charlotte of Cambridge will be bridesmaid
-First pregnancy for princess Eugenie of York (a boy)
-No baby news for Duke and Duchess of Sussex this year
-Duke of Edinburgh will recover

(Greece)
-A beautiful double wedding for Princess Theodora and her fiancé , Prince Philippos and his fiancée respectively in june and september
-Finally, prince and princess Nikolaos will announce pregnancy (a boy)

(Luxembourg)
-Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie will welcome a baby girl in may
-Serious relationship of prince Louis and his new girlfriend Scarlett

(Monaco)
-Princess Caroline will have her second granddaughter from her daughter-in-law Beatrice , Princess Stéphanie will have her first grandkid from her daughter-in-law Marie (a boy) this year

(Norway)
-Princess Märtha Louise will spend most of times with her daughters silently, the relationship with her new boyfriend will break up

(Sweden)
-Third pregnancy announcement of princess Sofia, a little boy will be born at the end of the year

Last edited:
My predictions for 2020:

Great Britain:

HM will work less and spend more time with DoE

C & C, W & K, Anne and E & S will work more and more

no more children for W & K and Z & M

Beatrice will marry in summer or autumn 2020 x the wedding will not be that big

after marriage of her sister, Eugenie will announce her first pregnancy

H & M will announce their second pregnancy

H & M will separate more and more from RF

Norway:

CP will work more and more and later it will be announced that he will overtake

ML has to care more for her daughters and due to this she and her shaman will separate

Daughter MA will continue to write the book for children which she starts to write with her father

Sweden:

Third pregnancy for CP & S

Madeleine and family will return and live in Sweden – this brings trouble because her husband doesn't really like to live in Sweden

Denmark:

Mary will work more and more

J & M will return to Denmark because of their children

Luxemburg:

Twins for G & S in May

Third pregnancy for F & C

Louis and Scarlett will be seen together more often and at the end of the year their engagement will be announced

Monaco:

Third child for C and second for D

Third pregnancy for P & B

First pregnancy for L & M

With today's announcement from the Sussexes, I'd like to give credit to _Heather_ ,acdc1 ,muriel, The Crown. They read H&M like a book. Only a week into the year and they already have a big prediction win. Of course there were some other posters who hinted at it but didn't come right out and say it. I put myself in that latter group when I predicted the Sussexes would spend half the year living abroad.

I was rubbish with mine, I had said a new royal baby in the spring, keeping it vague in line with forum rules but I really thought Meghan looked pregnant at the remembrance services I thought she would come back from the holiday with a big bump. Anyway I was wrong. I can admit it sometimes.

Not necessarily. I think we'll certainly see rumors regarding a split between Autumn/Peter, Meghan/Harry, or Bea/Edo. I have my doubts about Bea/Edo unless the wedding date is pushed back, in which case it might be them that we hear the rumors about. I think we'll more than likely see rumors around Autumn/Peter or Meghan/Harry. Frankly, if it's Autumn/Peter, I'd say there won't be much to the rumors. If it's Meghan/Harry I think it could go either way whether there's truth there or not.

Statistically speaking a split is bound to happen for at least a couple of the Queen's grandchildren. If I had to place a bet I'd bet that it won't be Autumn/Peter but stranger things have happened and I feel like things have been too quiet for too long for there not to be some waves around a marriage/relationship in the BRF.

This is sad event but I am absolutely impressed with your intuition and
prediction of this split. I didn't see this coming at all but your explanation here about chances of divorce, statistically speaking, was spot on.

:previous: Another comment from the thread also addresses the same topic:

Statistically speaking there will be divorce(s) amongst the Queen's six adult grandchildren. So as happy as any of them seem, no one is being a grinch for predicting marriage troubles in the future. It's just realistic for 2-4 of the 6 couples. Especially since all 6 comes from divorced parents.

The UK is not the only monarchy to which such comments could apply. There are numerous countries which have both a substantial divorce rate and a royal family. It might be sensible if all such monarchies had contingency plans for potential divorces, even if it is of course hoped that those plans will never be required.

This is sad event but I am absolutely impressed with your intuition and
prediction of this split. I didn't see this coming at all but your explanation here about chances of divorce, statistically speaking, was spot on.

Ordinarily I’d say thank you but honestly, I wish I’d been wrong. Normally none of my predictions pan out but this year I’ve nailed several. I just wish this one hadn’t been one of them.

Ordinarily I’d say thank you but honestly, I wish I’d been wrong. Normally none of my predictions pan out but this year I’ve nailed several. I just wish this one hadn’t been one of them.

It's bittersweet news. Sad for the couple and their kids, even if the rumor is without merit. But I'm also glad for you. When you made that prediction, a few posters in this thread jumped down your throat, and I remember feeling bad for you. A lesson to be learned about letting people voice pessimistic (realistic ;) ) viewpoints because at least half the time they end up being correct. :flowers:

It's bittersweet news. Sad for the couple and their kids, even if the rumor is without merit. But I'm also glad for you. When you made that prediction, a few posters in this thread jumped down your throat, and I remember feeling bad for you. A lesson to be learned about letting people voice pessimistic (realistic ;) ) viewpoints because at least half the time they end up being correct. :flowers:

Thank you. While I enjoy this forum immensely most of the time, it can be a tough place to be sometimes, especially when you happen to voice something that some posters disagree with. I'm not even remotely happy to be right in this particular case but I do appreciate the acknowledgment of how vicious some posters were at the time and the reminder to everyone that sometimes realistic comments or predictions aren't always sunshine and roses.

:previous: I am sorry if you got the pile on treatment. You are quite right...not every prediction can be engagements and pregnancy announcements.

I personally don't object to anything except death predictions. Those just creep me out...it just doesn't seem right to do that.:sad:

Last edited:
There were several insinuations among the 'predictions' posted late last year that the Sussexes as a couple wouldn't last the distance through 2020. We will see if those come to pass, though there's nothing yet!

However, those of us who like Harry and Meghan had IMO a perfect right to point out that there was absolutely no evidence that the couple were (or are) unhappy, on the edge of separation, or indeed anything similar, to justify those hints at future discord.

And there have been a lot of people piling on to Sussex threads and posting plenty of negativity.

Last edited:
There were several insinuations among the 'predictions' posted late last year that the Sussexes as a couple wouldn't last the distance through 2020. We will see if those come to pass, though there's nothing yet!

However, those of us who like Harry and Meghan had IMO a perfect right to point out that there was absolutely no evidence that the couple were (or are) unhappy, on the edge of separation, or indeed anything similar, to justify those hints at future discord.

And there have been a lot of people piling on to Sussex threads and posting plenty of negativity.

There was also no hints of a separation for Autumn and Peter either. So you can never tell.

Fun thread, guys!

As for Beatrice and Edo, I am thinking that they will end up getting married in an even smaller, more private way than the original idea at the St James chapel which was cancelled due to coronavirus. This feels something like the situation with Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester and Lady Alice in 1935. A big wedding at the Abbey was planned, but then Lady Alice's father died. So they did a very private thing in Buckingham Palace. With coronavirus running rampant, no one is going to OK a big wedding in a public setting. And no one knows when this is going to end. It's unprecedented territory. Beatrice and Edo are, no doubt, impatient to marry. They been engaged since, what, last year, in the spring?!
If it were me, I'd say, screw it, let's go to the registry ("City Hall") because I hate weddings anyway. I was never a little girl dreaming about her wedding dress. I never did that. (And I say this as someone who has watched a lot of royal weddings, and never really enjoyed any of them, except for the Charles/Diana one because that one was.... amazing! The music alone! Dear god!) But somehow I'm guessing Beatrice is not like me!:lol: I'm sure she wants the big wedding, the designer gown, the perfect tiara, and everything her sister got, and maybe more. In times like this, I like to remember the words of the Rolling Stones: "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need."

What they need is not to wait to 2021 to get married. They were engaged in 2019. So we're gonna get this done, folks. With social distancing! In attendance, the mamas and the papas, the siblings, the Queen, maybe the bride's godparents, the maid of honor, "best man/supporter" and all of them standing six feet apart. Luckily, there's no need for a retinue of ambassadors and MPs to be at this wedding. Just the essentials. The immediate family. A best friend or two. One photographer. A couple of photos on Instagram. Simple, safe, and lovely. It's unfortunate that theirs will be the "covid wedding" but hey, it could be worse! They could be dead, but they're not, so be grateful, because they're not dead. ?

:hiding:

There was also no hints of a separation for Autumn and Peter either. So you can never tell.

Autumn and Peter weren't under intense media scrutiny from the moment of news of their dating broke, through the engagement, wedding, marriage and birth of their first child either. Nor was there online speculation for the Phillips's, from the moment they first dated, that they were about to break up.

Fun thread, guys!

As for Beatrice and Edo, I am thinking that they will end up getting married in an even smaller, more private way than the original idea at the St James chapel which was cancelled due to coronavirus. This feels something like the situation with Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester and Lady Alice in 1935. A big wedding at the Abbey was planned, but then Lady Alice's father died. So they did a very private thing in Buckingham Palace. With coronavirus running rampant, no one is going to OK a big wedding in a public setting. And no one knows when this is going to end. It's unprecedented territory. Beatrice and Edo are, no doubt, impatient to marry. They been engaged since, what, last year, in the spring?!
If it were me, I'd say, screw it, let's go to the registry ("City Hall") because I hate weddings anyway. I was never a little girl dreaming about her wedding dress. I never did that. (And I say this as someone who has watched a lot of royal weddings, and never really enjoyed any of them, except for the Charles/Diana one because that one was.... amazing! The music alone! Dear god!) But somehow I'm guessing Beatrice is not like me!:lol: I'm sure she wants the big wedding, the designer gown, the perfect tiara, and everything her sister got, and maybe more. In times like this, I like to remember the words of the Rolling Stones: "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need."

What they need is not to wait to 2021 to get married. They were engaged in 2019. So we're gonna get this done, folks. With social distancing! In attendance, the mamas and the papas, the siblings, the Queen, maybe the bride's godparents, the maid of honor, "best man/supporter" and all of them standing six feet apart. Luckily, there's no need for a retinue of ambassadors and MPs to be at this wedding. Just the essentials. The immediate family. A best friend or two. One photographer. A couple of photos on Instagram. Simple, safe, and lovely. It's unfortunate that theirs will be the "covid wedding" but hey, it could be worse! They could be dead, but they're not, so be grateful, because they're not dead. ?

:hiding:
No, they got engaged in September; and likely had only been a couple for about a year at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom