The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Courtier

A woman with the exact same characteristics as Diana as a member of a monarchy that is NOT the British monarcy would not become the iconic figure Diana became. Half of her celebrity power was that she was a British Princess; the other half was her personality, and sadly her untimely death increased her iconic status. But without being British, forget it--I mean really, do you think Fergie became well known world wide because of anything other then her marriage to a British Prince?

The two media drivers of the world--and thus the international celebrity makers--are the USA (who thinks only England and Monaco have a monarchy) and Great Britain. Prince William's wife will without doubt become a celebrity figure simply because she may become the future Queen of England.

But why would anyone wish such a horrible thing on any of these women as to become "the next Diana"? Hardly a happy life nor an unsullied legacy, I think.

Old 01-14-2005, 07:27 AM
Courtier

I think what we should try to find is a princess who has many similarity with princess Diana, it means simmilarity with Diana's character; back ground; interested, etc. I think it is almost imposible to find the one who has exactly same (or even very similar) situation or qualities as Diana has at all. I agree with Amilia that Mathilda has many similarities with Diana but I don’t think she will become a new Diana. Both of princesses still have differences in their personality, as Royal sophiestje said (post no.5).

Old 01-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think ANY princesses or future princesses want to be the next Diana. Its just not attractive to them in my opinion.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by azile1710
Well said, many of you!

Epectations for princess has really changed in the past 20 years. When Diana entered the scene, there was still a great deal of fantasy and romanticism of the architype of "Princess". Diana was, in many ways, a coincidence because she appeared at a time when expectations of royals was starting to change.

I think many of us still want to see the romance and glamour but we now also want to see these women bring significant contributions to their new role. We believe that the careers, education and life experience they bring is more important than their ability to wear the right outfit on any given day.

If Felippe, Willem-Alexander, Frederick or Phillipe (Belgium) had announced engagements to teenagers who worked as (essentially) babysitters and spent most of their time reading romance novels, I think we'd all be quite disappointed and consider them ill-qualified for the role.

I'm very tired of comparing everyone to Diana. By doing this, we don't give this new generation of princesses the opportunity to shine in their own ways.
Eliza

I Agree with you Eliza.Lets all hope that non of the crown princesses will have the life of diana.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa apparently pulled a lady Di.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

There never can be another Princess Diana. She was the most recognizable woman in the world, an international icon. Im sure the rest of the crown princesses, queens are well loved in their respective countries and they do great work, but the fact is that hardly anyone outside their countries has either heard of them or is interested in what they do. Unless ofcourse it is someone who follows royalty from around the world.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
queens are well loved in their respective countries and they do great work, but the fact is that hardly anyone outside their countries has either heard of them or is interested in what they do. Unless ofcourse it is someone who follows royalty from around the world.
Unless of course it is someone who is Head of a Commonwealth of Nations consisting of 53 member states whose population exceeds 1.8 billion, almost 30% of the world population.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:36 AM
Majesty

i do not see why the new princesses has to be a new diana can they not be them self
Old 05-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
i do not see why the new princesses has to be a new diana can they not be them self
Josephine
You have "hit the nail on the head"!
Why do they have to be clones of Diana? Each has her own special gifts to offer and their respective countries will be greatful for those gifts.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah I agree.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

I think that we shouln´t compare a princess with Diana (or with another princess). Everybody is different, that princess will be special by her own, I mean she won´t be the "new Diana", she will be famous for what she is. Diana was definitly a great woman, famous in all the world (in my country we only know British royals, and Monaco´s., and now Maxima, but nobody know who is his husband!), she helped other people, she was beutiful, she was lovely, definitly she had everything.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piewi
I think that we shouln´t compare a princess with Diana (or with another princess). Everybody is different, that princess will be special by her own, I mean she won´t be the "new Diana", she will be famous for what she is. Diana was definitly a great woman, famous in all the world (in my country we only know British royals, and Monaco´s., and now Maxima, but nobody know who is his husband!), she helped other people, she was beutiful, she was lovely, definitly she had everything.
I couldn't agree more. I think you said it perfectly, Piewi!
Old 05-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Courtier

I would think that Princess Mary would be close - not in a good light neither.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaLynn07
I couldn't agree more. I think you said it perfectly, Piewi!
Thanks Becca!:o :)
Old 05-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Courtier

Has anyone noticed that a lot of Diana pop culture is coming through in the media in not a really good way laterly? Especially in sitcoms, for example. There was a character that was throwing a tantrum and her husband, told her to go throw herself down the stairs.
And movie made the comment that a Drama Queen actress was pulling a Diana by been a injuried Bambi routine with the press.
Actually I've heard that phrase "Pulling a Diana" used by the press. And it means when a celebrity invites or hints about something and then throws tantrums or acts innocent when it appears in the media.

So I guess I'm saying that Diana was a lot more complicated than a fashion icon, there was a lot more to her character.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Courtier

who would want to be like Diana....who lived a short life?
there were lots of princesses who was named the "new diana" ...like Princess Alexandra of Denmark, she was named the "new north diana" (or sth similar to that) before Mary came into the scene....now Mary is named the "new diana" after she married Frederick...

I don't think it is suitable to name crown princess or princesses "new Diana" since no one wants to live a tragic life like the late Princess of Wales...
Old 05-30-2005, 07:31 AM
Courtier

right now no one,she was globaly famous,and yet there's no princess who can reach her in popularity(I dont say that there's no one better than her,certainly there are,but it's that theyre not famous through the world)
Old 05-30-2005, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think you need to be royal to do what Diana did and to be like Diana
Old 05-30-2005, 08:28 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
i. she is the only princess who's wedding was shown world wide. the others princesses are not that well known and sorry to say they are missing her style, beauty and compassion.
I'm not sure in it. The wedding of Frederick of Denmark & Mary Donaldson and the wedding of Felipe Bourbon & Letizia Ortis were been shown in the live braodcast last year. May be not all over the world, but in West and East Europe. From the beginning to the end
I think there are two most famous princesses: Letizia and Mary.
But they are not a new "Diaina's"
Diana Spenser , imho, was very kind but not so much clever woman. Espesially in comparisson with two last "common" princess. From the other side the world society was the absolute different 20 years ago. Our mothers weren't obliged to be "iron ladies" . The man's role in the society was more large than woman's role.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

i think as amilia that both mathilde and maxima have strong qualities to become new dianas.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all