The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 08:32 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Beautiful hair and amazing earrings. I like the dress, but I'm not sure what to think about the top at the front.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:02 AM
Majesty

I think that the dress itself is lovely, but it would fit a curvier woman than Kate.. it just made her sag into it IMO.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton's style has become more risque after Prince George and Princess Charlotte's births | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

the dress is growing on me... looking at more of the pictures I am finding it a rather attractive dress and fit the occasion. I still don't think the best fitting - but i am not as against the dress as I was initially. and I still LOVE the earrings and her hair.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

When She's Queen, she can wear the same style over and over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
the dress is growing on me... looking at more of the pictures I am finding it a rather attractive dress and fit the occasion. I still don't think the best fitting - but i am not as against the dress as I was initially. and I still LOVE the earrings and her hair.
I agree- the more I look at it, the more I like it. It's very Jean Harlow-ish.
Here's Tom and Lorenzo's take on "Billy, Cathy, and Harry's" night out:

Billy, Cathy and Harry Go to the “Spectre” Premiere | Tom & Lorenzo Fabulous & Opinionated

(and Harry's wearing a double-breasted dinner jacket- perhaps it's one of Charles's?)

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I agree- the more I look at it, the more I like it. It's very Jean Harlow-ish.
Here's Tom and Lorenzo's take on "Billy, Cathy, and Harry's" night out:

Billy, Cathy and Harry Go to the “Spectre” Premiere | Tom & Lorenzo Fabulous & Opinionated

(and Harry's wearing a double-breasted dinner jacket- perhaps it's one of Charles's?)
Thanks for the laugh!
Old 10-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I LOVE Tom and Lorenzo!! Love the part about Harry always barging in like a sitcom.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really enjoy Tom and Lorenzo's take on things too. They can totally take something and turn it into something quite amusing and creative without innuendo or snarky remarks. The people that read their writings leave with a smile on their face. They're the only ones out there too that I've seen that call Kate "Cathy". It sets them apart and the readers always come back for more.

They may have just hit the nail on the head with Harry popping in like in a sit-com. I would imagine if all three are at KP at the same time, that's exactly what happens.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Nobility

Errr ummm Duchess of Cambridge at 100 Women in Hedge Funds black tie dinner

Read more: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton wears Erdem dress to 100 Women in Hedge Funds dinner | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Duchess of Cambridge debuted a glamorous new floral dress tonight by one of her favourite British designers, Erdem

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5974053658.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5974908624.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5975330039.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5975335557.jpg

What I dislike most is the tiered style of the skirt and the cocker spaniel hair. Yesterday's hairstyle was so good. Not sure what to think of the print. I like Erdem prints but this one is too much Laura Ashley curtains.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5975130084.jpg
Old 10-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Beautiful dress - I love the material - and make up and jewellery. The spaniel ears hair is just annoying - a half do would have been better and made the earrings more of a feature.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

i want to see better pictures of the earrings! the dress is nice and different - not sure my thoughts on the tiered skirt - but i loved the effect when she walked. and I think her long hair works with this one... a little more casual tone.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:05 PM
Aristocracy

I like the style of the floral dress better than the light blue from last night. Her hair is annoying. Last night's was better. My issue with tonight's dress is the floral. If the color was a whole lot less vibrant and the fabric wasn't shiny, this could be the sofa that I inherited from my mother. I don't think bringing to mind a sofa is the look she was going for.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think the dress looks like a sofa at all.
It's a different look for her, but I do like it.

I also like her hair; it looks so voluminous!
Old 10-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Nobility

Thinking about it more, when I look at the top two thirds of the dress, I think it is really nice; it's the pleated thing at the bottom which seems as if it was added as an afterthought.

If it had been continuous, straight material all the way down, I think I would love it but hmmm
Old 10-27-2015, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
What I dislike most is the tiered style of the skirt and the cocker spaniel hair. Yesterday's hairstyle was so good. Not sure what to think of the print. I like Erdem prints but this one is too much Laura Ashley curtains.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5975130084.jpg

Totally agree! I would adore the dress if it didn't have the hem.

The print suits her skin tone so well!

The hair again just a couple of bobby pins would have made it so much better!
Old 10-27-2015, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sad to say I really don't like it I was looking forward to another stunner.
The bottom frill is just too much IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the colors of the dress and even the style, although I would change the hem and just leave it off.

Love the earrings too!

LaRae
Old 10-27-2015, 04:39 PM
Courtier

I absolutely love this dress, especially on Kate. I think it's the color scheme and the flouncy bottom and the cut of the bodice. It makes her look healthy and vibrant, as opposed to last night's dress which looked more like a nightgown to me. I don't mind her hair down this evening as it looks like a fresh blowout, though I agree that a partial updo would've highlighted the fabulous earrings. I'm so glad to see she's wearing more substantial pieces from the royal collection.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:39 PM
Majesty

the bottom part ruins the dress. Its too much, maybe this print on a shorter dress would be better, for another event.

Her hair, again, is big miss...covers her completely
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5975461382.jpg

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton style, royal fashion, the duchess of cambridge eveningwear, the duchess of cambridge fashion