The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree, she seems to put a lot of time into choosing appropriate clothes. so far, it's been a win for me, but kate never disappoints!

Her day outfits I can see, but I would be surprised if we saw her re-wear her evening. This poppy one perhaps. The problem with going so far into the 'theme' of the trip, some may look out of place back in the UK. Possibly the black and white one. I would love to see her wear the blue cape again but pair it with a black evening dress she favors in the UK. Great way to repurpose without overboard.

It's ok - I would have thought she would have looked more "wow" in red but it's all a bit understated which is odd with the colour.

I like the idea of the poppy but agree it doesn't stand out enough.

I think either an updo or partial updo and some bling would have lifted it out of the ordinary.

Reflecting on the evening wear - I have enjoyed the variety and breaking out of the mould to embrace the host countries. I think there's an outfit to more or less please everyone and IMO there has been no dreadful outfits. Slight disappointment with the lack of jewellery on some occasions - with some outfits a bracelet/necklace would have been nice ( without having to use important and costly jewels) but on the other hand the variety of earrings has been a treat.
Still can't decide which gown is my favourite.

I like this dress, a lot really. Though I would be more covered in the chest area, it was a conservative country, not many would like to see exposure like that.

My rank should be like this:

1. Blue
2. Flame poppy
3. Black/White
4. Embroidered Bhutan
5. Wild Life Park dress

Uhm, I can't say I'm particularly enthusiast of this. Th strange color between orange and red is not much flattering. I love Kate's hair though.

I really like this red poppy dress - i do like Beulah's designs on Kate the suit her and i like the floating style of many of their pieces

I've liked Catherine's evening dresses from Bhutan so far, apart from the dress she wore to the reception dinner for the wildlife park. My next least favourite would actually be the poppy dress, I'm not to keen on the flame design, I think just red would've been better and I feel that in general it's slightly busy.

Evening gowns
April 10 Jenny Packham royal blue beaded gown with shawl
April 11 Temperley silk embroidered black & white top & maxi skirt
April 12 Anna Sui blue and multicolored printed silk dress
April 14 Tory Burch red floral mesh gown with shawl
April 15 Beulah red silk chiffon gown evening gown with poppies

IMO some these outfits will probably never see another 'public' outing.
I think the royal blue evening gown by Jenny Packham and the red poppy printed evening gown by Beulah have the best chance of being worn again.

Rating in order of possible reuse
Definite: Jenny Packham royal blue beaded gown with shawl worn April 10
Probably: Beulah red silk chiffon gown evening gown with poppies worn April 15
Maybe: Temperley silk embroidered black & white top & maxi skirt worn on April 11
Maybe not: Tory Burch red floral mesh gown with shawl worn on April 14
Probably not: Anna Sui blue and multicolored printed silk dress worn on April 12

My favorite was the Jenny Packham royal blue beaded gown with shawl.

Last edited:
My favourite was undoubtedly the sapphire blue Packham. It was truly spectacular. The Temperley black and white was quite unusual and yet it worked. I'm afraid I just wasn't that keen on the others, though I do think the multi coloured Tory Burch gown was a brave choice.

Last edited:

I read that many people find this dress busy but it looks really lovely on Kate. The pashmina shawl is a nice addition. She looked quite elegant.

Love this dress on her. It looks quite romantic.

These tours have some really wonderful evening dresses. I expected some plain boring gowns like she always wore, but Kate surely surprised me during the whole tour.

Would love to see the blue Jenny Packham again, maybe with the sleeves removed.

Would love to see the blue Jenny Packham again, maybe with the sleeves removed.

I loved that dress too. I think that it'll make an appearance again, but without the shawl.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I really hope we see the evening tour dresses again - the have grown to love the Temperley 2 piece even more and along with the Jenny Packham and this Beulah red poppy gown i want Kate to recycle them.
I do think that the Jenny Packham blue gown has the best chance of being cycled again probably at a film premiere. However i have a fear that like previous tour gowns (the LA gala and the Asian tour ones) they won't see the light of day in public again.

The other 2 dresses - the Tony Burch and the Anna Sui i don't really care much for. I could see her maybe using the Anna Sui in private as it was a more relaxed maxi dress.

The Jenny Packham gown would be nice to see at a dinner like a state visit matched with a lovely necklace or even a tiara but to a normal evening event, I dont see it.

Her dresses on this trip didn't blow my mind but they did the part. I just wished she wore something else for the garden dinner in India (don't get me wrong, the Temperley was lovely but not for that event).

I think it will be most interesting to see how, if at all, these choices/opportunities broaden her idea of what is appropriate for evening-wear while in the UK (or not).
I've always thought early in the marriage she wore some really exceptional dresses. Then, for some time, she pulled it back. And I've always thought she did that so as to not feed the frenzy.
Well, I really like the risks and departures from the norm seen on this tour. But then, I like boho and I am really tired of solid-color-Kate.
And I give her great props, as I did for the last multiple state visit, for the way she nods to local dress while not at all appearing costume-ish. There was nothing cliche this trip, IMO.
It's just been fun! Thanks to all for the contributions.

First picture of her last evening night in Bhutan:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/15/14/33369CCD00000578-3541233-image-a-17_1460727500227.jpg

I usually dislike those Beulah dresses, they tend to all look the same, imo.

(But the poppy motif is a nice compliment to the host country).

Don't want to harp on it but the lining would have been better in the same orange-red. Or just run a stitch up the seams so there's no slit at all. ...
So, it appears the Beulah gown colour and pattern was merely coincidence and not a nod to the host country and, I would have to agree with Muriel that they all seem to look alike.

It looks like the idea was to modify the gown for modesty and they appeared to have sewed the lining split together which unfortunately spoiled the look and flow of the skirt. IMO they would have done better to leave a five or six-inch slit at the bottom to allow the lining to at least do what it was supposed to do.
A beautiful choice for summer events, this elegant silk-chiffon gown has sheer sleeves and is lined through the bodice and skirt. The split creates movement as you walk.
Sewing the entire lining split together and creating a new matching split on the other side totally destroyed the peek-a-boo style movement and the bare pink just looked odd. As to the depth of the V-neck, I believe it was not a well thought out design choice as, with the addition of her heels, many were left staring at her cleavage.

I felt that tht dress made her almost disappear when viewed at the side view. the dress is cutso that it is very slimming in the cut, not something she needs. the color and the pattern were great

I don't find the dress to busy. It's a big switch from the dull evening dresses Catherine usually wear when back home. I think the dress highlights Catherine's beautiful figure as well.

Dman, in the past we have often disagreed, but this time you are right on the money. This is a fabulous gown and Kate wears it more than just well. I wouldn't consider it casual at all. William might go down in history as "William the Rumpled", but Kate looks fabulous.

Back to the UK and back to her nondescript boring dresses. Dress is nice but nothing special, definitely Kate's style

Safe to say Michelle stole the show and your eyes are automatically drawn towards her.

I guess I'm a little boring because I really liked Kate's dress. The First Lady looks great too.

I like the pics with Prince George meeting the president. He looks like he was ready for bed, the dog was likely left behind by him. Coloring wise it looks like Bo (Sunny is all black I believe). Could have been a gift I guess.

Michelle definitely steals the show of the night in dress :flowers:

kate's dress isn't particularly exciting, but nothing wrong with it. it's true michelle looks great - that colour looks perfect on her.
although to me, the best garment worn tonight was george's night gown. too cute.

George gets my vote for best dressed too. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom