The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 02-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
Well, I like Anne, but I would never describe her as elegant. Eye of the beholder, I guess.
__________________

  #202  
Old 02-13-2014, 09:31 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,445
I find hands are like ears - if you stare at them long enough, they all look odd.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Image...1(388x340).jpg
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/465...T6KtDiSQ%3d%3d
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/107...xBfJ7R7g%3d%3d
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/467...2fkgTMzw%3d%3d
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/465...xPak3Egw%3d%3d
http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Image...3(388x340).jpg
__________________

__________________
A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...bob_dylan.html
  #203  
Old 02-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,306
Anne definitely has regal bearing more than the others.
  #204  
Old 02-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 3,950
I was only able to open the first and last pictures. Good reason to wear gloves, especially after a certain age.
  #205  
Old 02-13-2014, 04:34 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I was only able to open the first and last pictures. Good reason to wear gloves, especially after a certain age.
The middle pics were all of The Duchess of Cornwall and all from Getty. Sorry they did not work. I checked and they are fine for me. The joys of technology.
__________________
A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...bob_dylan.html
  #206  
Old 02-13-2014, 08:24 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,049
Sorry, I don't get the slamming of other royal women to obfuscate the subject at hand, namely Catherine's Eveningwear and what posters think about it. That is what this thread is for and, if you don't like what people are saying then respond with an on topic evaluation or rebuttal of your own.

Denigrating people like HGD Stephanie, Princess Anne and the Duchess of Cornwall in an attempt to derail the discussion is merely muddying the waters and causing discord.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #207  
Old 02-14-2014, 04:09 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Sorry, I don't get the slamming of other royal women to obfuscate the subject at hand, namely Catherine's Eveningwear and what posters think about it. That is what this thread is for and, if you don't like what people are saying then respond with an on topic evaluation or rebuttal of your own.

Denigrating people like HGD Stephanie, Princess Anne and the Duchess of Cornwall in an attempt to derail the discussion is merely muddying the waters and causing discord.
I agree.
Thank you, Marg
  #208  
Old 02-14-2014, 03:16 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,660
I don't think her hair is messy at all. Messy hair to me is hair that clearly looks like it hasn't been combed for a few days, hair that is blowing everywhere and in the person's face, and generally hair that looks untidy and uncared for. Catherine's hair is none of these things, to me. I wonder what those who think Catherine's hair is messy would think of my hair! Anyway; I like her dress and she looks good. Nicely done IMO.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #209  
Old 02-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Anna Catherine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.C., United States
Posts: 335
Helen Mirren's audience with the Queen looks amusing as she recalls moment Prince William presented her BAFTA Fellowship Award | Mail Online

The Duchess of Cambridge is recycling the red Alexander McQueen dress she wore for the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant in 2012. She also has on her black Prada heels and gold earrings that I love. I can't remember the event she wore the earrings at but they are also a repeat.
  #210  
Old 02-17-2014, 06:03 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Helen Mirren's audience with the Queen looks amusing as she recalls moment Prince William presented her BAFTA Fellowship Award | Mail Online

The Duchess of Cambridge is recycling the red Alexander McQueen dress she wore for the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant in 2012. She also has on her black Prada heels and gold earrings that I love. I can't remember the event she wore the earrings at but they are also a repeat.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...52_634x768.jpg

Amanda Wakeley dress - EDIT: 2012 Imperial War Museum
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #211  
Old 02-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,306
She looks good love the red dress.
  #212  
Old 02-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
I think Kate looked very nice in that red dress.

I must say I am now quite bewildered as to the protocol regarding carrying purses. This night when she is in fact one of the hostesses, Kate carries a purse, whereas when she attended that art gallery do as a guest the other night wearing the midnight blue evening dress she didn't carry a purse and to me that made her look a) unfinished because I would have expected a guest to carry an evening purse both as an attractive accessory and a useful thing, and b) like one of the organisers rather than a guest. Yet tonight Helen Mirren doesn't seem to have a purse with her and Kate has one. Perhaps Kate carried a purse because HM had one.

I like consistency, and not having being able to discern an obvious answer to these important questions can get me quite flustered!
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #213  
Old 02-17-2014, 07:04 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I think Kate looked very nice in that red dress.

I must say I am now quite bewildered as to the protocol regarding carrying purses. This night when she is in fact one of the hostesses, Kate carries a purse, whereas when she attended that art gallery do as a guest the other night wearing the midnight blue evening dress she didn't carry a purse and to me that made her look a) unfinished because I would have expected a guest to carry an evening purse both as an attractive accessory and a useful thing, and b) like one of the organisers rather than a guest. Yet tonight Helen Mirren doesn't seem to have a purse with her and Kate has one. Perhaps Kate carried a purse because HM had one.

I like consistency, and not having being able to discern an obvious answer to these important questions can get me quite flustered!
Bad news, I'm afraid - there is no protocol.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #214  
Old 02-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,811
I'm on the same page as you, Roslyn. It doesn't make sense to my very orderly mind that Kate didn't wear a purse to an evening event where she was a guest and a purse would have been an integral accessory to a formal look, but wore one as a hostess at BP. Gah! I hope this doesn't keep me awake counting clutches and pondering this condundrum tonight.

And Kate looks lovely in red; brunettes always rock jewel tones so well.
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
  #215  
Old 02-17-2014, 07:32 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Bad news, I'm afraid - there is no protocol.

Oh dear!

I fear Kate's behaviour shall continue to vex us, Baroness.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #216  
Old 02-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,811
I'm doomed to a sleepless night, I fear......
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
  #217  
Old 02-17-2014, 07:43 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,214
Loved it the First time, Love it even more now. Much better without the hat. Could use A fellow in RAF uniform . Of all three celebrities that are pictured in the article wearing that dress, Catherine is the most elegant.
A little off topiic, but I have to say I love what her Majesty's wearing as well.
__________________
One of my friends is fundraising for and hoping to adopt at least 2 of the 3 of these special needs orphans. Please give/ help now!
Go to Reece's Rainbow, and donate torwards the adoption of Holland, Starr, and Grace- Ann!
My avatar is my RH- that is the exact RH I have in my heart constantly!
  #218  
Old 02-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,455
About the handbag...

If you are going to be shaking hands and drinking champagne, you carry no bag. Shaking hands only- carry a bag.
  #219  
Old 02-17-2014, 08:01 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm on the same page as you, Roslyn. It doesn't make sense to my very orderly mind that Kate didn't wear a purse to an evening event where she was a guest and a purse would have been an integral accessory to a formal look, but wore one as a hostess at BP. Gah! I hope this doesn't keep me awake counting clutches and pondering this condundrum tonight.

And Kate looks lovely in red; brunettes always rock jewel tones so well.
She had a purse, then ditched it so she could mingle. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...43_470x804.jpg
__________________
A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...bob_dylan.html
  #220  
Old 02-17-2014, 08:05 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,811
Right, I realized she brought a purse to BP, that's what we were referring to, but didn't have one when she visited the NPG. That's the formal evening event that I meant.

Thanks for the link, BTW.
__________________

__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
Closed Thread

Tags
duchess of camb, duchess of cambridge evening wear, duchess of cambridge gala dress, eveningwear, fashion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016 dazzling Archives 528 04-24-2016 04:31 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 15: January 2015 - October 2015 dazzling Archives 392 10-06-2015 03:33 AM
The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 4: August 2012 - October 2013 dazzling Archives 426 10-26-2013 06:19 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit 2016 catherine middleton style countess of wessex coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dom duarte duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll felipe vi grand duchess josephine-charlotte grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl gustaf's birthday king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises