The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 2: November 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we may have to wait until Wednesday evening when the awards show is on the TV to get a really good look at that necklace.

Full length pic

I think we may have to wait until Wednesday evening when the awards show is on the TV to get a really good look at that necklace.

Full length pic

It just occurred to me that the dress is somewhat reminiscent of Diana's black taffeta dress by the Emanuels- the slight ruffle detail at the sweetheart neckline made me think of it.

I think it looks stunning- simple, but very elegant.

Slightly better view of the necklace:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwgtz80LOu1qlsqdgo1_400.jpg

Is that a matching bracelet or the bracelet we've seen several times previously, most recently at the In Kind Direct reception?

At first I thought it was the bracelet we'd seen before, but in that picture it does appear to match- the stones are pink on both pieces. (Sapphires I guess?)

Maybe it's a convertible piece and the colored stones can be changed out for diamonds?

And are those the earrings we've seen her wear before too? I can't wait to get closeups of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice black gown. Easily one of her best looks.
But, a few minor things; I really want her to push the hair away from her face. It just bothers me, probably irrationally so, but still.
And maybe an opinion I shouldn't express but a few pounds on her wouldn't hurt. Dare say her skin would get better from it, especially on the long run. There's no need in aging like Stephanie.

Why i have the impression that i ve seen this necklace as a tiara?
Anyway she is very pretty.

Love the dress; it does look like the taffeta Emmanuel that Diana wore in the 80s. That necklace does look like it's convertible to tiara. I'm so happy to see her in a signicant piece of jewelry. I also agree that her hair; while quite luxious and beautiful; would be nice if she tamed it a bit.

I think overall she looks great! Her hair and make-up seem better at least to me. Yeah her hair is hanging down, but can we at least hope she doesn't run her fingers through it and mess it up?

She looks lovely (and the eyeshadow was smudged a bit - looks better at night any way). Looks like she used a matte powder in addition to her usual liquid look - I hope she makes it a habit (she does look hot, and there's nothing wrong with her wanting to look sexy in daytime too).

Love the dress; it does look like the taffeta Emmanuel that Diana wore in the 80s. That necklace does look like it's convertible to tiara. I'm so happy to see her in a signicant piece of jewelry. I also agree that her hair; while quite luxious and beautiful; would be nice if she tamed it a bit.

I was thinking the EXACT thing about the reference to Diana's 1980's black strapless gown! The tailoring on Catherine's dress is perfection in my opinion, she looked breathtaking! Loved the ruffles, the slim fit to the knee, and the flair at the bottom is just great.

Last edited:
Beautiful, luxuriant gown. I like the frill around the bodice and the sweep of the skirt. Kate looks lovely, but would have looked spectacular with her hair in an updo to showcase that knockout necklace. Unfortunately, it obscures the view of what looks to be a marvelous piece of jewelry.

Last edited:
I agree! Thank God for once she's got it right.

I am against an updo for Kate in this instance, as she would have looked overdressed for the occasion and out of step with the other young women. Her signature look needed to be there. She did look amazing.

I honestly could have gone either way, but her hair looks beautiful so I really couldn't care and her jewelry looks lovely. I wonder if the necklace becomes a tiara, but I have no complaints at all.

The dress is elegant and sophisticated and particularly safe. I am shocked at her disregard for wearing a jacket or coat, in this weather that's just silly. I think part of me is coming to realise that I may never actually 'like' anything Catherine wears.

I suspect the reason she hasn't chosen the updo on this occasion is that she didn't want to be seen to be 'showing off' the necklace. This event is about honouring servicemen and women who have put their lives on the line for our nation, and in many cases have the scars to show for it. She was able to debut the necklace but not look like she was shoving it in anyone's face.

She looks lovely (and the eyeshadow was smudged a bit - looks better at night any way). Looks like she used a matte powder in addition to her usual liquid look - I hope she makes it a habit (she does look hot, and there's nothing wrong with her wanting to look sexy in daytime too).

I agree with you,she certainly used mate powder.
Her make-up looked so much better today.
She looked great.The dress is stunning.
I don't like the hairdo

I suspect the reason she hasn't chosen the updo on this occasion is that she didn't want to be seen to be 'showing off' the necklace. This event is about honouring servicemen and women who have put their lives on the line for our nation, and in many cases have the scars to show for it. She was able to debut the necklace but not look like she was shoving it in anyone's face.

I totally agree. Well put. We're just guessing, of course, but I think Kate has a natural tendency to underplay rather than overplay.

I admit it is very rarely that I can find fault with DofCa wears and am embarrassed to admit that I have become rather a fanatic (despite my extreme aversion to fanatics that can be met on the internet!!) but I am completely balled over with the complete look :flowers:

I used to have long hair which I would constantly pull into a ponytail or 'updo' but was forever seeing 'what's the point of having long hair if you always wear it up'. To continue with being a 'fanatic' if she is happy with wearing her hair down, I can't see the problem - it's not like it's in bad condition!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom