The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 2: November 2011 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was very well dressed and looked pretty. Beautiful shoes and bracelet. I liked her hair, but please, stop touching it!

The cut of the portrait collar is very flattering in the DOC, and I especially like the embellishment of the belt. Nice bracelet bling, and good shoes/bag. Agree, watched the video, stop the nervous habit of hair touching, or wear it up!

Pretty dress, jewelry and accessories, and that's such a flattering portrait collar on Kate. I'm glad to see her experimenting with styles, but she's got to stop fidgeting with her hair! What good is four hours in a salon if you're constantly running your hand through it?

Last edited:
I think this is perfectly suited to the engagement. Everything works together for me.

The makeup is a tad heavy handed. I would have LOVED the dress had it been tea length and in another fabric. Looks like something TPR would pull out of her 1950s closet.

However, she does look nice enough. High heels and short skirts are a bit dated.

But, she is working and I'm all about that.

I love the dress, shoes, and hair. It actually looks like she did something different with her hair; not a big change, but styled a little different. I love the color and fabric of her dress; it looks really sleek and elegant. This is the one time I would actually buy something Kate wore. Plus I'd buy the shoes, though I'd fall on my butt.
Is this from the store Kate usually shops at? Because this look appears more fashion friendly than her other ones which people tended to call boring.

She looks radiant! She's trimmed her hair and I love the dress! The whole ensemble suits her. Well done Kate!

the make up is heavy but apart from that she looks nice. definitely one of her better styles although I agree she should stop touching her hair ...

I actually thought the make up is getting better and less harsh than it used to be. The dress is very pretty and Kate looked very nice overall.

She needs to do something about the hair rather than constantly touching it as if it gave her something to do with her hands, and this wall of hair hanging down gives Kate such a bad posture.

Pretty dress, jewelry and accessories, and that's such a flattering portrait collar on Kate. I'm glad to see her experimenting with styles, but she's got to stop fidgeting with her hair! What good is four hours in a salon if you're constantly running your hand through it?

I love her bracelet and the earrings are very lovely. I'd love to see the necklace up close. The pendant on there looks like a disc of some sort. The hair fidgeting is a little irritating, but since I work with kids who have special needs, I've learned to overlook small things like that and just concentrate on the bigger picture (then again, a child with developmental delays playing with his/her hair and a typically developed public figure doing the same are not exactly on the same level....the teacher in me is thinking of reinforcements and sticker charts for Catherine to work on that hair playing habit :lol:).

Picky, picky. How about overlooking small unimportant details and focus on the incontrovertible fact that she looks amazing!

well beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and everyone here has the right to state his/her honest opinion!

I love her bracelet and the earrings are very lovely. I'd love to see the necklace up close. The pendant on there looks like a disc of some sort.

That may be Kate's diamond disc pendant that she's worn before and discussed in the jewelry thread. And from what I can see of her earrings in photos where her hair is away from her face, she's wearing those lovely art-deco ones.

you're right! the art-deco earrings and the diamond disc pendant ...

And maybe the bracelet she first wore to the BAFTA event in Los Angeles and on several occasions.

I love the dress.Very suitable.

I really like the simple dress that she is wearing. I like her shoes as well. Kate is beautiful and so simple :D :flowers:

4 hours in the salon? Doing what? Someone help me out here, please.

The makeup is a tad heavy handed. I would have LOVED the dress had it been tea length and in another fabric. Looks like something TPR would pull out of her 1950s closet.

However, she does look nice enough. High heels and short skirts are a bit dated.

But, she is working and I'm all about that.
Agree with your assessment. The dress reminds me of something a 1950's tv Mom would wear, like Donna Reed. Another color and fabric would have dressed it up.

OMG, Kate is just amazing. I just love this dress. Great pumps. Kate's hair is gorgeous like always. She looks like a ... princess. :flowers:

Gorgeous hair and I love her dress. So elegant, classy & chic all at once. I don't even care that it's gray!

The dress is OK, not spectacular, but definitely retro 1950's and, she finally dropped her dress length, but still has a way to go. The stockings and shoe colours are right on trend and the dizzying height of those heels are definitely amazing. As one earlier poster noted, I too would probably land on my exterior posterior!

Catherine's hair is, once again, a total bust. Those four hours in the salon were definitely wasted! The Jimmy Choos are very, very high, bit that seems to be as much Catherine's "thing" as the ubiquitous flowing locks and hair fiddling! :bang:

Nice to see her discreet but "statement" jewellery get another outing. That is one place she seems to hit the mark every time. Neither too much nor too little, just . . . . well, there.

It is notable that her earring seem to be becoming her "go to" set in the same way as Camilla's drop pearls are.

It's okay but safe IMO black and white black heels and yes that hair and it's the same same. So IMO safe same same.

The coat dress is lovely and a nice change from the typical coats. The coat is tweed which makes it more elegant IMO. The bottom half is very pretty with all the small folds in it.
The only down part of the look is the hair, its too much for the wide collar Imo and ruins the top part for me. Hair should've been in a very simple bun or ponytail. No all looks require or look good with open hair pulled to the front.

I ussualy don't like coat dresses but this one looks lovely on her, her figure is just appropriate, she looks wonderful! I love the shoes also!:flowers:

Apart from the once again super heavy make-up, she looks very nice :flowers:

. . . . . Hair should've been in a very simple bun or ponytail. No all looks require or look good with open hair pulled to the front.
I know she has "nice hair" but really, she's becoming like Jennifer Aniston, known more for her hair than herself!

That "look" is OK for casual wear but when you are wearing dresses with detail around the neck it is useless to cover them up with straggling hair. And it invariably becomes straggly as she continually threads her hands through it and whatnot.

Meanwhile, the true style and elegance of so many of her gowns are ruined or hidden under a curtain of hair, as indeed, in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom