The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 1: June 2011 - November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the dress, and the informal look.

I dont understand why another black/dark outfit, yes it is casual and as William is dressed quite casual this is the perfect dress style, but some color would've been lovely especially as it is summer.
She seems like she is dressing and mourning someone. Sorry but the look doesn't appeal to me.

I totally agree. What a dreary dress. Just hangs on her, is too short, and the cut would be better on a woman with some more curves.
If it is a youth event, how about matching Williams look, maybe slacks, something fun.

I totally agree. What a dreary dress. Just hangs on her, is too short, and the cut would be better on a woman with some more curves.
If it is a youth event, how about matching Williams look, maybe slacks, something fun.
I'm in the group too. This time her dress is a bit disappointing; not bad in terms of cut but the gloomy color... :ermm:

I don't agree ,the dress suited Kate perfectly,while the woman "with more curves" could look fat in the same outfit.She is slim and tall,a perfect model for such a suit.But I would prefer to see her in more vivid colours

I don't agree ,the dress suited Kate perfectly,while the woman "with more curves" could look fat in the same outfit.She is slim and tall,a perfect model for such a suit.But I would prefer to see her in more vivid colours
I'd have to agree with you. Bigger women would look just terrible in this outfit. She pulled it off beautifully.:flowers:

Yeah some colour other then navy blue. I like the dress and her hair. She needs to wear more colour there is too much navy blue. Maybe she thinks she needs it too look professional but she is young and colour can be just as nice! Nice to see her hair different and the brooch.

I love her evening attire and hairdo. The purple dress makes the maple leaf brooch stand out, and she looks very youthful and relaxed. Well done yet again :).

Isn't this the same dress she wore for the engagement interview, but in different color? I know the other one is navy blue.

I like the brooch's history but I really still dislike it as a fashion statement- I think it's too old for her. I wish she'd have used it in a different way- maybe as a pendant on a necklace or as something for her hair.

Daria -- I think it is, if not the same dress, extremely similar.

Hermione -- I completely agree! Would have loved to see her do something unique with the brooch, but I suppose she's still "feeling her way" and doesn't want to set a foot wrong. She'll get more adventurous over time, I'll warrant.

Daria -- I think it is, if not the same dress, extremely similar.

Thank you so much for the clarification. :flowers:

Mia_Mae, the fist picture you posted is fabulous. He looks at her like she's the only person in the world. It's great to see them having a fun evening.

Her hair looks stunning and its such a lovely night time colour, it a very elegent but understated look! wonderfull!!

Mia mae your links above do not work!

Beautiful! Love the colour, and her hair. Love it!

Just to add I've heard she's wearing Prada shoes and her bespoke black silk Auya Hindmarch 'Maud' clutch, seen last at the Waley wedding and with the Obama's!!

Love, love, love the whole outfit. It doesn't seem old to me, it seems classic - which is smart. It won't look dated. Later on, Diana's clothes became more classic in nature and aged well in photographs, but at the beginning she had some really screaming eighties outfits.

I think Catherine is playing it exactly right. She's very beautiful and they are obviously in love and I think she means to do this well - that she did not undertake it lightly and does not want to be seen as a silly woman for whom fashion is more than a guideline and a minor part of her "role", if you will - but not an occupation. I think her clothing choices are the exact right balance between "classic" and "understated" - which is how I believe she will play out her role - as a very traditional Queen Consort - strong and supportive, following the lead of the Sovereign, undertaking her own interests in a gradual and low keyed manner. Her clothes say this, I think.

Either way, it's a lovely outfit and I love the color and the hair and the brooch is perfect. It's old enough to be retro-cool on its own and it's serious enough to be considered bling and even were it none of those things, it sends a message to the people of Canada, of whom she will one day be Queen, that she cares about our traditions and our loyalty and takes her role as the future custodian of those traditions and loyalties seriously.

If it's a little large or out of place or too staid, we must remember what it means and factor that into the judgement. It's like saying that general's uniform would look better if the medals were color coordinated or all of the same metal.

Win from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom