The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Totally agree with this - she never looks awful. We all have our different tastes and ideas how Kate should look but some of the criticism she's been getting lately is way ott. I personally find there is always something I like or find interesting about her clothes/accessories.
Ditto. She gets it right 99.9% of the time, and almost always, there's something to compliment.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

hangbag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes, a handbag would be nice to discuss instead of those ubiquitous clutches!
what would she carry in it? it would be just an extra thing to carry imo i like the clutche

Old 08-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think Catherine's dress was more than a little 'Majorette' looking for a very big Brass Band. Could VW have done worse?
Vivienne Westwood has absolutely NO clue how to design anything respectable or suitable for anyone. In fact she is the one who came up with the dreadful outfit Princess Eugenie wore to William and Kate's wedding. As for Kate's so called "majorette" outfit, I actually loved it. So chic and elegant and very, very Kate indeed. Loved the gold buttons too.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
Vivienne Westwood has absolutely NO clue how to design anything respectable or suitable for anyone. In fact she is the one who came up with the dreadful outfit Princess Eugenie wore to William and Kate's wedding. .
Finally a logical word!!!!

How could people believe that this crazy out of mesure outfits could be worn by a person with the class of Kate, and being the future Queen of UK for instance!!!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Finally a logical word!!!!

How could people believe that this crazy out of mesure outfits could be worn by a person with the class of Kate, and being the future Queen of UK for instance!!!!!
-----------------------------------------

Actually, I take exception to both statements . If one can look past the models' makeup, there is more than one item from the Fall/Winter 2011-12 collection that I'd like to add to my wardrobe.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Aristocracy

Semisquare, the fact that the Queen doesn't carry much in her handbags doesn't mean that a modern, much younger princess wouldn't have quite a lot she might want to carry. The Duchess doesn't have a lady-in-waiting at the moment, and she goes shopping for groceries and clothes. She needs a wallet or credit card holder for those trips, and perhaps she carries some grooming items in her larger bags: hair brush, lip gloss, nail file, etc. These days, almost no one is without a phone.

What the Queen does may not be what other royals do.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Vivienne Westwood states in the article that she wants Kate to be extraordinary in her fashion. Well, maybe Kate wants to be her own version of extraordinary which is a low-key, subtle and classic style. What designers want and expect, and what Kate desires are two different things and she needs to dress according to her own tastes and lifestyle, not live up to what others demand of her. Give her a break, indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoria View Post
Semisquare, the fact that the Queen doesn't carry much in her handbags doesn't mean that a modern, much younger princess wouldn't have quite a lot she might want to carry. The Duchess doesn't have a lady-in-waiting at the moment, and she goes shopping for groceries and clothes. She needs a wallet or credit card holder for those trips, and perhaps she carries some grooming items in her larger bags: hair brush, lip gloss, nail file, etc. These days, almost no one is without a phone.

What the Queen does may not be what other royals do.
Exactly, Vittoria, every modern woman needs a handbag or accessory in which to carry necessary items, and Kate doesn't seem any different even if her lifestyle certainly differs from ours.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Serene Highness

ok but here is my question..wont the bag get in the way of meeting and greeting people? huh...huh... im telling you imo she should use and keep the clutch again imo
Old 08-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Actually I think that is why she (and others) use the clutch. And older royal ladies (such as the Queen and the late Queen Mother) used handbags but not shoulder bags. It might be more of a hassle to meet and greet while worrying about your shoulder bag falling off your shoulder.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness

Westwood is certainly not for me, either. Clutches are so darling, and sophisticated too - and all Kate needs to do is acquire more of them.

What I would want if I were a princess:

Balenciaga Pink Clutch Bag

I'd want a bunch of others, too. That would be my weakness. I'd also want some Balenciaga firsts to wear on my arm.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Wow! That clutch is BRIGHT! She would definitely stand out in a crowd holding that!

The walls of my girlhood bedroom, eons ago, were approximately that color! I want!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:07 AM
Serene Highness

Be pretty with a flowery spring dress. Kate could, if she wished, get a flower spring dress...next Spring...
Old 08-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I see that a lot of European royal ladies use clutches on their meet and greets, but these clutches are a nice substantial size that you can easily tuck under your arm leaving your hands free. I have one that's long and narrow and fits comfortably under my arm. If Kate sticks with clutches, that's the size I like, not the little change purse types that leave you really no option but to keep in your hand. I like the size of the Balenciaga clutch, and if someone would like to drop $1,045 on that for me, I wouldn't argue against adding it to my wardrobe!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

The cluches she is usually carrying are nice but not practicall at all. They totally block you one arm and you can`t put nothing inside eccept one small lipstick.deNo way to put one of the actuall mobile phones like.i-phone or simil and of course no cigarets (does she smoke??). In fact her cluches are strictly decorative items. Letizia carries a practical side of cluches.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Westwood is certainly not for me, either. Clutches are so darling, and sophisticated too - and all Kate needs to do is acquire more of them.

I'd want a bunch of others, too. That would be my weakness. I'd also want some Balenciaga firsts to wear on my arm.
That's a little too pink for me. Reminds me of an accessory that could be used by Galinda from 'Wicked' (she loved her pink). However, in another color this clutch could work.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Nice clutch, but it's the color of Pepto Bismol. I would like it in a more neutral color.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

True, too flamingo pink for me though I like the style.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Totally agree with this - she never looks awful. We all have our different tastes and ideas how Kate should look but some of the criticism she's been getting lately is way ott. I personally find there is always something I like or find interesting about her clothes/accessories.
I completely agree. Its one thing to say an outfit looks bad; its completely another to say her outfit is somehow disrespectful to the occasion. Then again people say the same thing about Victoria of Sweden and Charlene of Monaco.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Serene Highness

She does nothing for me at all. Those demure tea dresses are never going to offend but they could never be called stylish either. To be fair if that is how she wants to dress it's up to her, she clearly isn't trying to be a fashion plate but some sections of the media are determined to have their replacement Diana so will keep emphasisng what a style icon she is because that is what THEY want her to be. At the end of the day they aren't doing her any favours because their comments only emphasise how old-fashioned she is for someone her age.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Too pink too ugly too small...IMO

Closed Thread