The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 3: July 2011 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the fact that she's probably lost 15 pounds since 2006, she doesn't seem to have altered the coat. I think it's really baggy on her and looks out of place for a summer wedding.

Didn't she wear the black and white thin cocktail dress to a wedding in June? That seemed like a better choice. Sure, it's a sorta royal wedding but try a nice light dress. :whistling:

I actually think that she had the coat tailored, since she IS thinner now, but I don't feel that it looks "baggy".

However, if she ever wants to wear it again, she should have the sleeves slightly shortened.

I like the coat although she must have had it tailored as she is much thinner then when she first wore it.

I know everyone seems to like the hat but I really don't. I saw it described on another blog as looking like a potato chip/crisp and from the side angle I have to agree. Maybe I would have preferred it more if she had put her hair up??

Catherine looks really elegant but the heavy fabric looks too heavy for summer time and the color does her nothing. As mentioned, the fact she has lost weight, she should've gotten that coat altered for a nicer fitting. I quite like her hat but I do find it a bit busy with that coat.

I love the hat, wonder who made it? the coat i thought to heavy for a summer wedding! but ovrall she looks beautiful

Yes I agree ashelen the hat the nice the rest of it too big on her very small frame and the colour is wrong plain boring actually IMO

For some time now "THE" colour to be seen in has been nude/beige/taupe/biscuit/mushroom or whatever the madeup name the fashionistas choose to give it. I have been associated with the fashion world for more years than are good for me and I don't think there is a harder, less forgiving, more aging colour. IMO it looks best on those with strong natural colouring, so whilst it does her no favours, the Duchess of Cambridge looks better in it than the Countess of Wessex. I have also noticed that on many daytime appearances Camilla wears colours that her skintone and blonde hair disappear into-such a shame when her options are unlimited. Still, with any luck, next seasons colour will be kinder.

For some time now "THE" colour to be seen in has been nude/beige/taupe/biscuit/mushroom or whatever the madeup name the fashionistas choose to give it. I have been associated with the fashion world for more years than are good for me and I don't think there is a harder, less forgiving, more aging colour. IMO it looks best on those with strong natural colouring, so whilst it does her no favours, the Duchess of Cambridge looks better in it than the Countess of Wessex. I have also noticed that on many daytime appearances Camilla wears colours that her skintone and blonde hair disappear into-such a shame when her options are unlimited. Still, with any luck, next seasons colour will be kinder.

I don't know about that: my daughter and I went shopping yesterday and the colors/styles that were out were, shall we say, AWFUL! Very busy abstract prints with clashing colors - we both looked at them and wondered who in their right mind would think that those would look good on ANYONE. My daughter is a perfect size six (American -five foot six, 105lbs.) and those prints would have made even her look huge.:ohmy: Let alone acid green, avocado green, pink, black and florescent yellow mixed together in one print. Hideous.

I don't know about that: my daughter and I went shopping yesterday and the colors/styles that were out were, shall we say, AWFUL! Very busy abstract prints with clashing colors -

The US tends to be at least a year behind London. The mushroom colors will probably make their way here in a year or so :sad:

The US tends to be at least a year behind London. The mushroom colors will probably make their way here in a year or so :sad:

I had no idea. Though I really cannot tell that much of a difference between what is worn here in NYC and what is worn by those who live in London/United Kingdom. Wonder why there's such a gap.

You've hit the nail on the head. I think Catherine looks great in almost anything she wears is really due to the way she presents herself. She radiates confidence, and self-assurance. Her smile is probably her best feature. She just glows, and that puts people at ease.

This is wonderfull sentiment and she genuinely look so happy and comfortable, she was beaming. The outfit although very neutral, I do not think it was close enough to white, to upstage the bride, any hint of colour would have drawn more attention. It looked very sunny, but remembering her position she must dress appropriatly and by all accounts it was'nt that warm and quite windy. The dress coat and hat looked classic and sophisacated, I actually liked her hat, it had a wonderful shape and structure. Her hair can get some criticism ;o) but it looked wonderfull clipped back, which also showed off the positioning of her hat and her fantastic earrings!!!

Last edited:
i agree its nice to see someone dressing in a classic way and i lov the hat

I do think Catherine looked very elegant and understated at the wedding in Edinburgh. I also think she was dressed in a delibrately understated way so as not to take away the limelight from Zara and Mike. The hat, IMO, helped refresh the ensemble in a very classic way. All in all, I would suggest that Kate got a 7/10 for her appearance at the wedding.

I very like that hat. I´m not a big fan of the beige coat but Catherine looked very pretty and elegant

I think Kate is truly pretty, Pippa is less so, but both of them seem to have a sort of easy going confidence that adds to their attractiveness. Also they're generally quite well put together which I think becomes more and more important the older you get. A gorgeous 20 year old can be scowling, slumping, badly groomed and sloppily dressed and people will excuse it to a certain extent, but the same person at 35 is going to be judged a lot more.

Didn't love Kate's wedding outfit including the hat which just looked shapeless to me. I love the huge hats, but not that one. I think the best dressed was Sophie and Beatrice.

Didn't love Kate's wedding outfit including the hat which just looked shapeless to me. I love the huge hats, but not that one. I think the best dressed was Sophie and Beatrice.

The larger hat was quite adventurous for Kate and I think she pulled it off beautifully. As for the recycled coat, just goes to show that proper mixing and matching can have excellent results. Proof again that timeless pieces can be reworn and reworn and still look elegant.

Last edited:
Nothing special this casual look..I indeed dislike the sweater...

I like her shoes (have been looking for something like that for a few months, and have had no good results). Both sweaters are a really lovely shade of royal purple, and it goes with her complexion (or it does in my opinion). She looks comfortable and casual in the shopping picture, as well as in the ones on her walk with William.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom