The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 21: March 2017 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 21 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

The Duchess of Cambridge in a recycled Michael Kors coat at the dedication and unveiling of the Iraq And Afghanistan Memorial in London today, March 9:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

She looks lovely, very appropriate and stylish. Gotta love the jewlery too!

LaRae

I like the coat and her jewelry, but don't care for the hat. It is too big.

I'm very glad Catherine wore a proper hat today. Getting pretty tired of these ladies wearing these fascinators now.

Amen for a proper Hat, worthy of the name.. the DoCam looks terrific..

love this hat
very appropriate look

I actually thought the hat looked really nice on her.

LaRae

I don't think we are going to see much variation in her 'work' dress.

LaRae

She looked great. perfect for the occasion

There is something that bugs me about today's outfit. I can't put my finger on it, don't know if it's the hat, the jewels or what.

I would liked to have seen her in the grey Erdem from last years Commonwealth service or the Missoni coat she wore to the evening service for the Somme anniversary. Both would have been appropriate for todays event and worthy of a repeat

I would liked to have seen her in the grey Erdem from last years Commonwealth service or the Missoni coat she wore to the evening service for the Somme anniversary. Both would have been appropriate for todays event and worthy of a repeat

... and I suspect we will see the worthy repeats again, in the fullness of time.

I thought Kate looked appropriate, lovely and elegant. I hope she sticks with the larger hats as long as we can see her face.

I love the wider brimmed hat on the Duchess; very flattering. Today was a lovely outing for Catherine.

Very good outfit for Kate, thank god for a proper hat!

Great outfit and hat on the duchess I thought looked wonderful!

There is something that bugs me about today's outfit. I can't put my finger on it, don't know if it's the hat, the jewels or what.
I thought the same thing myself and then I looked at photos taken at the unveiling and the penny dropped.

Judging from the attire of those present it was a cold day and everyone seemed elegantly dressed for the conditions. Catherine stood there wearing a warm looking winter tweed coatdress, at least I think it's a coatdress because we didn't see anything around the neck except that delicate little tanzanite drop that would have looked better with something light and airy. And then, plonked on top, was a very "winter" looking hat.

Don't get me wrong, I like the entire ensemble, but just not together unless there was something a lot more substantial than a chain around her neck. She looked kind of naked at the neck, not to mention cold!

While not my favorite for this type of event (her Missoni from evening Somme is) I like this. Nothing exciting, another coat dress, but perfect for the event. The color is lovely.

I love the jewelry she chose. And an elegant updo :flowers:

I am do happy to see her in a full hat not fascinator, bonus points. But I find the proportion off. She is going for a Hepburn look it seems, but for me it looks too big. I find her better suited her to her upturned brim hats, like the gray one at the commonwealth last year.

But overall she looked lovely today :flowers:

Yes, too naked around the neck. If she had something underneath, like Camilla had a notched collar coat and then something underneath and a choker. A very unfinished look by kate

Difference, Camilla looks to be wearing a coat and dress, separate pieces. We are seeing the dress under. Kate is wearing one piece, a coat dress. Only option would be the top of a slip showing. Or a scarf but she chose a necklace.

Last edited:
Yes, I think you nailed it. Also, the coatdress is more grey than blue. A simple dark blue scarf tucked in to the neckline would have married the two pieces and brought the whole outfit together.

I liked this coat dress. However I do agree with the comments made about the apparent nakedness around the neck. That said, how warm was it in London yesterday? I was in Leeds walking around in a pair of jeans and a sweater, I was too warm !

I think she looked seriously future-queenly. There is nothing girlish or cute about this look. And from a group POV, it did not steal the eye from the more senior realm royals. Deft.

Why is everyone going on about her neck? She had a lovely necklace on.

LaRae

I thought the same thing myself and then I looked at photos taken at the unveiling and the penny dropped.

Judging from the attire of those present it was a cold day and everyone seemed elegantly dressed for the conditions. Catherine stood there wearing a warm looking winter tweed coatdress, at least I think it's a coatdress because we didn't see anything around the neck except that delicate little tanzanite drop that would have looked better with something light and airy. And then, plonked on top, was a very "winter" looking hat.

Don't get me wrong, I like the entire ensemble, but just not together unless there was something a lot more substantial than a chain around her neck. She looked kind of naked at the neck, not to mention cold!
After thinking about what you said, you are quite right. Something more substantial around the neck, scarf, larger necklace, something.

Difference, Camilla looks to be wearing a coat and dress, separate pieces. We are seeing the dress under. Kate is wearing one piece, a coat dress. Only option would be the top of a slip showing. Or a scarf but she chose a necklace.

she's worn it with a dress before, but I didn't think it looked right, but maybe it was just the dress she chose. It is hard to tell, but it doesn't appear she is wearing a dress or shirt & skirt under it this time.

I don't mind the outfit as is, but it is so weird to see Kate in an actual hat that it's throwing the outfit off for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom