The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

William is there as the Patron of WRU. They are not there just as fans. Anne and Harry were dressed up for England vs Scotland last week because they are there in a official capacity. It's the same thing with the FA Cup final, William is in a suit and tie because he is at the game as President of the FA .

Old 03-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Nobility

I like the Chanel dress.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:00 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Catherine in Chanel, quite a pretty outfit IMO and the tweed color combination is nice but the Chanel belt with the logo and the Chanel bag is a bit too much. I dont mind the bag but the belt should've been plain. The belt from the night before would've worked nicely. The pumps should go, ruin the whole look. The hair should've been in a ponytail, the hair is boring styled like the day before.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Catherine in Chanel, quite a pretty outfit IMO and the tweed color combination is nice but the Chanel belt with the logo and the Chanel bag is a bit too much. I dont mind the bag but the belt should've been plain. The belt from the night before would've worked nicely. The pumps should go, ruin the whole look. The hair should've been in a ponytail, the hair is boring styled like the day before.
Totally agree about her wearing 2 items with the Chanel logo, it should have been the bag OR the belt, it looks too much. She's also went for a Chanel outfit that is in the same style as many other coat dresses she has already so it loses all impact and her hair tied back would have shown everything off much better. Overall verdict from me- a bit of a cluttered and messy look even though the coat dress and bag are nice as individual items.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We're in Chanel this morning;
Full view - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7Me04uX0AAuIBW.jpg
Beautiful, from top to toe.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I LOVE the bag...I want one and I'm not a collector of purses ...I buy one and use it for years.

LaRae
Old 03-18-2017, 03:43 PM
Majesty

The Chanel dress is beautiful. I love the colors and print. The purse is very chic. The red coat is also wonderful and elegant.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Chanel outfit is classy and one of the best within the usual Kate style - nothing out of her comfort zone though. I am getting so tired of the hair hanging lose.

Agree with others regarding the belt - we get that it's Chanel, the logo dropping wasn't necessay.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:41 PM
Majesty

Very nice dress. A bit unusual and very flattering
Old 03-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

At first I didn't like Catherine's Chanel dress; however it's growing on me. I still think she's worn better, but this dress is pretty. Her red coat is gorgeous though.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-18-2017, 08:12 PM
Majesty

Overall, hair is meh. Chanel was lovely and the accessories were a terrific colour. I envy her the bag and shoes.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

I must say Catherine looked absolutely stunning on the two day trip to Paris. There was a glow about her too. Her warm smile and bubbly personality made her look even better.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-19-2017, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh heavens don't say 'glow' ...that will start the pregnancy speculations! lol

LaRae
Old 03-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Oh heavens don't say 'glow' ...that will start the pregnancy speculations! lol

LaRae
Certainly you can use that word without starting rumors can you not Seeing Kate's smile always makes me happy for her
Old 03-19-2017, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipsi View Post
Certainly you can use that word without starting rumors can you not Seeing Kate's smile always makes me happy for her
On this site, where any royal within child bearing age seems to be under baby bump watch, no

With Kate, all the talk they want three kids, and Charlotte almost two, we all know where too many people will take the glow talk.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Majesty

i was not a fan of the chanel outfit unfortunately. i loved the accesories but that dress didn't work for me. the print and that belt with the logo were just not my cup of tea. the black dress was also fairly non descript, as was the red coat. the gala dress was rather stunning though, it was my favourite appearance of the trip.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-20-2017, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really liked the Chanel outfit although I did think that wearing a Chanel belt and carrying a Chanel handbag was a little bit over the top.
I am wondering how her outfits were received by the French fashion reporters. Can any of our French friends on the Forums enlighten us?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^ French media approved

Rebecca English‏ @RE_DailyMail
William and Kate depart Les Invalides - Duchess in Chanel, much to the approval of local media.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Really love this chanel outfit on the duchess another great choice!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Loved her in the Chanel suit, the pleats and pleated cuffs were great. Agree about too many logos and hair would have been better not loose for this outfit.

Closed Thread