The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 08:23 AM
Nobility

I think the dress is cute, well fitted.....nothing my grandmas would've worn. Lol

Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

I like this dress very much - but more so the colours and pattern than the very familiar style.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:41 AM
Serene Highness

Great look! Love the dress style and pattern- and the contrasting accessories. Nice addition to the wardrobe
Old 01-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Majesty

i liked this dress and her hair did indeed look particularly luscious!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-17-2017, 09:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sorry, for me it's a granny's dress above the knee with a horrible wall of hair and bad posture.

I could not agree more. Her posture is just awful!! I keep hearing my mother saying to me as a child "stand up straight...you look like a hunchback!" The slouching posture indicates to me a lack of confidence and then hiding behind that mangy head of hair...ugh! I just want to take some scissors to it and lop about 6 inches off and then pull it off her face. The dress may be nice but who can really tell when it's hidden by hair and slumped over posture?!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-17-2017, 10:15 AM
Royal Highness

Mangy? Are you sure that's the word you intended to use?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-17-2017, 10:17 AM
Courtier

Bad posture is an exaggeration, she's walking straight with shoulder back. I see no hunchback there
Old 01-17-2017, 10:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Bad posture is an exaggeration, she's walking straight with shoulder back. I see no hunchback there

If you read my response I was not calling the duchess a hunchback, merely quoting what my mother would say to me when I did not stand up straight. The duchess could benefit from some of her nagging because her posture leaves a lot to be desired!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Kate looks lovely.

She has gorgeous hair, so I can understand why she is unwilling to cut it.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

Did no one spot the granny shoes, I think they're even more ugly than the dress, the kind if shoes an 80 year old would wear to church on Sunday. I find her style so strange. It's very often the hair style of a primary school child paired with pensioner clothes.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cambridge in a "£1,050 embroidered dress by Erdem" at a briefing to outline the next phase of the charity Heads Together in London today, January 17:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Isn't it cold in London? I think she should be dresses warmly!
Old 01-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Her hair is beautiful. And I love the accessories

Dress is a mix for me. The style is flattering and well fitting. And I quite like the colors on her. The style is her usual style, nothing new, but the colors at least offer a refreshing change.

But I hate the print. I find it too busy and it gives me a granny feel. The only thing that saves the dress is both the style (no grandma would wear that) and the more modern colors which freshens up the print.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I feel divided too. I like the print and colors of the dress, but the pattern + the style of the dress is not my favorite. And the shoes, I'm not liking those at all for whatever reason.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:18 PM
Nobility

[QUOTE=sophie25;1954882It's very often the hair style of a primary school child paired with pensioner clothes.[/QUOTE]

Her hair is styled the way most adults I know style long hair on a day to day basis- parted on the side and blown dry. Sometimes she has pony tails, up dos, half up/half down. Seems pretty normal to me. She just has more opportunities for intricate updos than most of us.

Her clothes are more expensive than any pensioner I know. And usually a good deal nicer. But, over all, I think Kate dresses in a classic, elegant style anyway.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Her shoes are so so...but I actually like the dress, it's nothing 'wow' but it's nice enough and looks good on her.

LaRae
Old 01-17-2017, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness

"The Mod Squad"

Cathy Cambridge & The Royal Mod Squad Hit the Streets of London | Tom + Lorenzo

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-17-2017, 03:49 PM
Nobility

I like the dress. The silhouette is simple and flattering. I wonder if a cute belt, maybe picking up the blues or even yellows in the dress, would have added a little oomph. And, while I like the shoes generally, I don't like them with this outfit. They're a little clunky, work better with coats.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
But I hate the print. I find it too busy and it gives me a granny feel. The only thing that saves the dress is both the style (no grandma would wear that) and the more modern colors which freshens up the print.
Spot on. It's the prints of these dresses that do nothing for me either; they make her look much older IMO.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:51 PM
Majesty

I love the dress. The design is very chic. Kate looks wonderful.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really like the print and styling of the dress. It is definitely a dress that will divide people with no half measures . What I dislike,however, is her makeup. I noticed in the video footage that the eye makeup is not very well applied and her skin tone lacks luminosity. Perhaps a late night tending to the children !

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge casual wear, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats