The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was never anything wrong with the small hats/fascinators, what's been wrong has been the hair. The chosen hairdo makes or breaks those kind of hats ie with a good updo they can look wonderful but with long flowing hair they never look good. I do love this hat today, it's very similar to the style favoured by Lady Gabriella Windsor who always looks amazing. I hope that Kate will recognise that on the occasions where she wants to wear her hair down it's much better to wear a hat like this, anything smaller then it's an updo all the way. I do agree however that whilst not essential an updo can also work well with wide brimmed hats.

I don't care for it; the coat looks too overwhelming and the hat looks like one of those huge things that Camilla seems to like.

At first glance Catherine looked exactly like her mother. I'm not sure about the look. The design on the coat is a bit much. I would have preferred if the coat was plain. The hat is OK.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't care for it; the coat looks too overwhelming and the hat looks like one of those huge things that Camilla seems to like.

Don't think it's as big as Camilla hers are huge. I'm just liking a hat instead of the usual disc on her forehead

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

At first glance Catherine looked exactly like her mother. I'm not sure about the look. The design on the coat is a bit much. I would have preferred if the coat was plain. The hat is OK.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I thought the same about her resemblance to Carole -- it was really striking in this hat.

I liked the shape of the hat. Was it just a touch too big for her head? And oh my Kate defaults to grey way too often.

A lovely hat and at last a proper hat and not a head pieces which we have seen for every hat event IMo.

The coat is nice but not Catherine. Its aging her, the color is too harsh for her and the overall of her outfit is too grey. She is a young women who can wear basically any color really well yet she choose such a dark/harsh color for a daytime event.

This was a miss for me though the individual pieces are pretty.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I really dislike this outfit. Really, I think it is one of her worst look of her ever:eek:. I can save the hat, as is at least a bit different form her usual topper, but the coat is not flattering on her at all. It would have been appropriate and lovely on a older lady, not on Kate. For a moment, I thought she was Carole. Total miss IMO.

I must say, I thought Catherine looked very elegant yesterday. She brought out her version of Lady Mary Crawley and I loved it. She can down some of those fascinators, and wear brimmed hats. Although, I'm sure she's going back to it soon.

I agree..very elegant and classy looking.

LaRae

The coat is not my favorite. Maybe is she had the belt that went with it. It is a strong, bulky pattern and is too much for her. The hat is a nice change, although I would have liked it better if her hair had been pulled back into a long ponytail.

I actually like this look. She looked very elegant. The hat and the way she styled her hair is great. The coat is classy but I think it would look much better if it's slightly more tight-fitting...

I know people have commented that Kate wore a wide brimmed heavy hat and this is something new for her - but one of her first appearances was at William's Sandhurst graduation in a massive wide brimmed heavy black hat with a heart on the trim. It has only been in the last few years since the wedding that Kate has favoured the cocktail style hats and fascinators. Even before the engagement was announced she wore a large hat at the wedding of one of the Meade brothers and at Williams garter day installation her hair whilst it did have big feathers it was on her large scale.

I really don't care for her coat (maybe her worst coat so far IMO) but I absolutely love her hat! She should always wear this kind of hat it really suits her
Overall she looked very pretty with her hair open, the hat, the earrings and flawless make-up.

Love the hat, it is so flattering. The coat is a good length for her and the pattern is interesting.

I know people have commented that Kate wore a wide brimmed heavy hat and this is something new for her - but one of her first appearances was at William's Sandhurst graduation in a massive wide brimmed heavy black hat with a heart on the trim. It has only been in the last few years since the wedding that Kate has favoured the cocktail style hats and fascinators. Even before the engagement was announced she wore a large hat at the wedding of one of the Meade brothers and at Williams garter day installation her hair whilst it did have big feathers it was on her large scale.

It's not that it's never happened, but that it is so rare. And of the 3 occasions you mentioned, only 1 really was a hat. The other two were large, but were fascinators really. They weren't really brimmed hats like she wore here. But even if we are going to count the fascinators based on size, the wedding was in 2010, so 6 years ago, the others earlier. So its been a long while.

The Sandhurst hat was over 9 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-Wimbledons-first-lady-of-style.html?image=12

The inauguration was more a fascinator then an actual hat, no matter the size. (2008)
Kate Middleton Photos - 2008/06/15 @

Harry Meade wedding
Prince William and Kate Middleton attend his friend Harry Meade's wedding

How dare you say she looks tired?:D;). No, really, I just think this a a bad look for her. I don't like that coat either, but I think it is a tad too short and also looks like it was taken outfrom the washing machine and something went wrong with its cleaning. Furthermore, her legs look as if they were totally bare. The give me a strange feeling.Not her best look, definitely.

It's very plain; perhaps a colorful scarf would help?

Not my favorite coat, just kind of plain. And I agree Mirabel, a scarf would help.

The look is boring and tired it needs something I agree .. her whole look is a bit boring IMO some nicer colours like the red and white that was nice without being flashy.
But this ... nothing to say dull..

Imo, boring and dull is good in her lime of business. Not every outfit needs to make a statement. Personally, I am pleased to see her reuse items from her wardrobe.

Mainly, it looks to me like the DF chose the absolute most awkward and unattractive pictures they possibly could.

Mainly, it looks to me like the DF chose the absolute most awkward and unattractive pictures they possibly could.

Of course they did. That's their playbook for all royal women. Just ask Camilla, Beatrice, Eugenie, Anne, and Zara.

Its not her best look. It's about time she styled this look differently IMO. Printed dress and coat buttons left open. Im just tired of the same look.

I thought Catherine looked great today. Pictures won't always look the best, but it's not always the subjects fault, but those who's taking the pictures. To me there's nothing wrong with the pics though.

Not a fan of the style of coat...but she looks fine....and if she looks tired, she probably has good reason to do so.

LaRae

This is a dull outfit, and she does look tired. How is her hair color "weird"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom