The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the red maxi dress, it looked comfortable, she was able to sit easily with the children, and the flats were a good idea. Very nice simple hairdo too.
the Green dress was superb! Her hairdo and earrings were so flattering, very good high neck for her, and following her theme of "see through" sleeves, etc whenever possible. The skirt was lined to a much lower hem than the model, however. The gores in a shiny fabric on the skirt just terrific and eye catching.
I did notice that her bustline needed more support, not something you want to notice. Undergarments, whether it is bust support, slip, hose, are extremely important. There are other royal ladies who sometimes fall short in this area, detracting from their appearance. To me it is the same as saying something is too loose, or too tight. Yes, that does involve the body, but proper fitting is paramount to fashion.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate wearing trousers at the wildlife park today

https://twitter.com/ANI_news/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

click on photo and it gives you a series
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/d9022...prime-minister

https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty

A few pictures on Rebecca English's twitter account of the look

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail

Rebecca mentions a second look for the day, a dress, but haven't seen any photos yet

Old 04-13-2016, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I thought it was a nice casual outfit for the safari.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Still no pics of the second outfit, but some better pics of the safari and info on the look.

Duchess Kate

Shirt is Australian designer RM Williams, pants are from Zara, shoes are baba shoes by Sebago and wearing her citrine earrings by Kiki McDonough.

Like the casual look. Practical for a safari, and comfortable. Good look.

http://www.gettyimages.ca/photos/kat...udenudity=true
Old 04-13-2016, 05:00 AM
Heir Apparent

They're very tight jeggings, so hope they are comfy for climbing in and out of vehicles etc. Kate's dress worn today is pink, reasonably short and quite nice. I am getting a wee bit tired of ethnic prints and black trim on Kate's day clothing though.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Like the jeans and top very relaxed.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:34 AM
Majesty

Call me boring, call me old fashioned, but I think jeggings do absolutely nothing flattering for Catherine and have no place on an official tour. To my way of thinking they don't even belong at a polo match but rather hanging around home, hanging the washing or a mad dash to the supermarket.

The 'sprayed-on' look creates a weird 'shrinking effect. Large head tapering to smaller feet, all out of proportion. Worse, she missed the chance to debut a new chic casual and functional style. Jeggings we can see her wear any time, and we do.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Still no pics of the second outfit, but some better pics of the safari and info on the look.

Duchess Kate
Dress is by Topshop.
I love this dress, its young, it's summery and colorful with a lovely print and black detailing.

More pictures

Full view ** Full view 2 ** Close up
Old 04-13-2016, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Out of the stock in the site....It's a very beautiful dress love to see her on it...she has such beautiful dresses this trip, love them all
Old 04-13-2016, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Out of the stock in the site....It's a very beautiful dress love to see her on it...she has such beautiful dresses this trip, love them all
I wonder how many were in stock for it to be sold out so fast

I like most of her dresses/outfits so far on this trip as well, young, colorful, prints. These are types of dresses I wish he would wear more often.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

This maxi dress is less convincing that all of the previous maxi dresses she has worn so far, but it looks nice nontheless.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Call me boring, call me old fashioned, but I think jeggings do absolutely nothing flattering for Catherine and have no place on an official tour. To my way of thinking they don't even belong at a polo match but rather hanging around home, hanging the washing or a mad dash to the supermarket.

The 'sprayed-on' look creates a weird 'shrinking effect. Large head tapering to smaller feet, all out of proportion. Worse, she missed the chance to debut a new chic casual and functional style. Jeggings we can see her wear any time, and we do.
Agree 100 per cent where one should wear jeggings.

The pink dress is just perfect. Love the way the bib portion is outlined in black trim and the trim goes from the neckline down the sleeves. Pretty design that way.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I like both the looks from today...the safari outfit and the short pink dress...both looked nice on her.

LaRae
Old 04-13-2016, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

This tour has been a hit with fashion. Not every outfit has been an all-time favourite but I like them all and it's nice to see Catherine experiment with new colours and styles.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love this latest dress - she has worn some lovely materials and interesting styles which look very relaxing to wear. I 100% agree about an aversion to the leggings ( and she can rock casual wear). What a waste of a beautiful blouse.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Well shoot me Marg, I wore brown leggings to the Doctor yesterday! And I'm feeling a certain affinity for Kate's jeggings today. I loved her shirt. I know it's the kind of casual shirt she tends to wear, but to me she always look relaxed and natural when she gets to play the "dressed down" appearance card.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 AM
Nobility

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 -

The pink and black dress is super cute. Love it. Her hair looked great as well.

I like the safari outfit. Kate can wear leggings and look amazing. She has the perfect body type for them.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I agree with you on the jeggings - not something the ordinary person should wear on a high pro-file work event such as this.

I do quite like most of her outfits this trip however. I really liked the long red print she had on yesterday and the two piece black and white evening outfit.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looked fabulous today! I'm a royal watcher myself, but I'm also critical when I don't like some things.

BUT, I love everything she wears today. I like the jeggings, I don't see anything wrong with them, they looked fine for tour at the Safari center. It would be worse if she wore jeans... What are you people expecting? A skirt or dress in that environment?... She looks confortable in them, they are jeggins, it means they are close to your skin but they're flexible.
The blouse was a nice/sweet touch.

The pink dress is so cute! I love the lenght as well. But I think the updoo is not very suited for the ocasion. Odd, when it's more formal events, she wears it down, but in the wild (it's a park and you are with animals) she wears updoos. I don't understand, It's not a complain its just odd to me (they seem out of place/I can't describe it better I'm sorry).

And one thing it's bothering me: wedges! Most here complain about it, maybe it's a cultural thing, I don't know, but here in the summer, women wear wedges a lot, I have a pair or two myself, I like it. And I like it on Catherine as well. I agree about the wedges on the cricket game, but she looked grogeous with them, the problem for me was that you don't play games with wedges. But she looked great.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Pink and Black dress is superb! Great to have in your wardrobe and that hair is beautiful!

Tags
catherine middleton style, royal fashion, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats