The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many women give birth at home and never stay in the hospital. Leaving as soon as you can get up makes a lot of sense.

Birth rates are at an all time low here. I am surprised home births are even a option anymore these days. One risk I surely wouldn't take.

Maybe the next royal birth will be a home birth for them. However them at least appearing at a hospital is good for the public, maybe it'll bring in the needy easier, perhaps they will feel more comfy.

Lovely dress to present her new spring chicken.
Also love the Jimmy Choo Gilbert nude shoes, very elegant.

I know several women who have home births and given they option they will always choose that. Midwives are making a comeback here.

LaRae

For whole centuries women did so and the humankind didn't become extinct.

Let's all get back on topic and discuss The Duchess of Cambridge's daytime fashion.
Further off topic posts will be deleted.​

Yes I really like that dress.

LaRae

It was a lovely look; the hat was bigger than she usually wears, but quite eye-catching.

Catherine looked lovely, still a bit of baby weight , but Charlotte is only a few weeks old. The pattern on the dress/coat hides this well.

Trooping The Colour:
Kate looked the height of summery chic, sticking to her style roots in an ivory Lock & Co. hat and this gorgeous coat dress by Catherine Walker.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/13/11/2996018D00000578-3122591-image-a-48_1434190326408.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/13/12/2996699100000578-3122591-image-a-172_1434196428360.jpg

I think it's an awful outfit. I really dislike the print and style. One of her worst looks to me.

I have never commented on Catherine's hair but I have to say this is the worst I have ever seen it. She could have even put it in a pony tail and it would have looked better.

I like Catherine's outfit today. The hat goes great with it. The pattern on the coat-dress gives the look some color.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Catherine looked lovely, still a bit of baby weight , but Charlotte is only a few weeks old. The pattern on the dress/coat hides this well.
Good grief, weight, where? You have got to be kidding.

As to her ensemble . . . she was the Duchess of Cambridge from her nailed to her forehead hat, to her "yet another incarnation of the last half dozen or so coat dresses."

Her hair was unfortunate and while the base colour of the dress was nice, the overlarge pattern made it look like curtain or upholstery material.

I really don't like the dress; that pattern is awful. Marg took the words right out of my mouth: I immediately thought of curtains or upholstery. The hat is something I would probably like in other circumstances, but I don't like it combined with that dress (in the sense that sometimes when I don't like an outfit, I can still find redemption in the hat, but this one's not doing that for me). And, unfortunately, her usually sumptuous hair just looks . . . ordinary.

Having said all that, I still think she looks alright overall. I mean, it's a disappointing/underwhelming look for me, but it's hardly a disaster. She still looks pretty, as usual.

I think she looked lovely and understated. IMO Catherine makes a point of not being the center of attention at the family gatherings. I liked that she stayed in the background on the balcony focusing on George. Andrew and Harry were both trying to push William up front with George between Charles and HM.

I think she looked very healthy in her weight; she obviously has lost most of it - I would guess she is still nursing.

Drapes or upholstery was the first thought that came to me, as well. Typical look for the Duchess.

Love the French blue a bit floral for my taste but I think it is perfect for the occasion

Love the French blue a bit floral for my taste but I think it is perfect for the occasion

I loved it. One of my fav coats of the Queen's is that Wedgewood blue number with the white floral embroidery at hem, waist and arms (also on the hat). This coat of Kate's reminded me of that! Blue with white floral is just so romantic and summery.

At first I thought the dress was a bit frumpy, but after having looked at it again I decided that I like it. Blue and white is a fantastic colour combination - one you can't go wrong with IMO - and Catherine herself looks great. I'm not so sure about her hat though, it reminds me a little of a flying saucer.

Is there a full length pic of the dress?

I like the coat, dress but loathe the hat - I think it looks silly especially at that angle.

Love the coat, I dislike fascinators on most people especially ones that looked "plonked".

I like the blue background color of her coat dress however, the floral looks like something the Queen would wear under a solid color coat. Her hat looks like she is wearing a certain American brand of thick white paper plates on her head.

I really dislike the hat - it's perched at a ridiculous angle. I'm not a fan of the print or the fabric of the dress, but she looks okay.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I like the blue background color of her coat dress however, the floral looks like something the Queen would wear under a solid color coat. Her hat looks like she is wearing a certain American brand of thick white paper plates on her head.
:lol: Have to agree with you regarding the hat and paper plates. The color looked very good on her today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom