The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye .. nothing special Hello .. best accessories husband and baby hair a mess in both and what is the hem all about.. it is not a fav

I like the yellow dress on her. I like the sleek look.

I don't think she's got her hair extensions in today. Her hair looks much more natural and less bulky than it did earlier in the tour.

Her skirt lengths are notably more appropriately lengthened. Truly, they look more stylish. About time! Yet, she manages to have a "blow up" on her first day of the tour...:bang:

I don't think she is a stylish dresser overall, rather dull actually, and her shoes are dead boring! But I think she has improved her presentation a little in this tour. I agree, her yellow dress is pretty.

I like the yellow dress on her. I like the sleek look.

I don't think she's got her hair extensions in today. Her hair looks much more natural and less bulky than it did earlier in the tour.
Do you really think she's actually been adding to the "hair in everyone elses face" with extensions . . . ? What a hoot!!

I loved the yellow dress on her, very elegant and appropriate. It would have nice to see a nice brooch on her, wattle or not - perhaps in time.

Whilst I have been reticent on the issue of the open hair, I do think a simple, structured bun or something similar would have been far neater. In this regard, she would do well to observe Mary of Denmark.

Ok, I have just had a close look at her yellow dress and noticed her two tone puffed sleeves. I have changed my mind. Not a pretty dress. She looks like a lemon and cream ice pop!!!:lol:

Her skirt lengths are notably more appropriately lengthened. Truly, they look more stylish. About time! Yet, she manages to have a "blow up" on her first day of the tour...:bang:

I don't think she is a stylish dresser overall, rather dull actually, and her shoes are dead boring! But I think she has improved her presentation a little in this tour. I agree, her yellow dress is pretty.

Yes, I have noticed that her skirts are a little longer. I never liked those very short skirts because they look tarty. As for that yellow dress I saw Kate in today, the colour is all right but I'm not sure about that white patch at the hem, though.

Love the suit! Its a classic piece and can be worn without a mistake to any event. Would look great with a hat as well.

Yellow dress - Love! Its such a strong and young color for Kate. The dress is very flattering, fits well, length is perfect, the slit adds a lot to the dress IMO and the white breaks all the yellow off. This is a dress which I would love for Kate to wear more often. They are fun, age appropriate and they suit her. Longer lengths really suit her.

Do you really think she's actually been adding to the "hair in everyone elses face" with extensions . . . ? What a hoot!!

Heck yeah! I thought that was generally accepted. It's discussed enough elsewhere. The sort of extensions you clip in or weave in to add bulk, not length. I've been half expecting George to yank one out and wave it around.

Last edited:
I like the blue dress better ...the yellow I would love if it was solid yellow...but the style of both is very nice.

LaRae

The blue suit is nice and with the zipper up the back, it has a slight "edge" to it. The yellow dress is very pretty and the color blocking gives it some interest. Also, yellow is not an easy color to wear, and Kate looks very pretty in it. Glad to see that she's pulled her hair back for some of the engagements. Keeps her from "fiddling" with it. So far, she's been very appropriate and respectful in her wardrobe choices.

Nix on the blue suit. Tacky looking with that zipper in the back. The bright yellow suits her coloring. Her hair is driving me nuts. :ermm:

Love both outfits. The blue is classic and I think the frayed edges keep it from looking boring. As for the yellow dress, I think the pop of white really works.

So far, I've only disliked a few things she's worn (the green coat and those darn wedges). Otherwise, I think she's really nailed it this tour.

I don't think it's generally accepted that she wears extensions. In fact, I've rarely seen it mentioned. I have no idea if she wears extensions or clips ons, but I don't see a difference between now and earlier in the tour. Her hair looks the same thickness/bulk and length to me.

I like both the hello and goodbye looks (I'm talking about Catherine because William didn't feel the urge to change). I like the blue suit better but simply because I am not sure about the neckline of the yellow dress. Catherine looks great in yellow, though. I agree that she looks better in pencil skirts and longer hemlines.

George seems to prefer to be carried so that he can look at things, rather than snuggle. Both my kids were like that most of the time. He also seems to be checking out everyone's shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
First dress- love.
Second dress- like. I love the yellow, but would like it more if it was solid yellow, without the white squares.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like what she wore for the departure from NZ (minus the zipper in the back). It's a classic piece, and would work well at other events. The yellow dress is not to my taste. The color works for Catherine, but the fit is rather bad. The white panels don't do anything either. It's as if the tailor ran out of yellow fabric, and used white to compensate.

I did like the yellow, but now all I can think of is William's comment that she looks like a banana!

I think the blue suit was a diplomatic choice, since it's by a local designer.

I can see why he made that remark .:lol:
Where did you read that he said that?

Last edited:
IMHO she's done very well with her fashion choices for the tour. The green coat was not very attractive and I wish we'd seen the dress underneath. I appreciate how she's paid tribute with the color choices and symbols for the respective nations. The accessories loaned by HM are lovely additions. I hope that she opts for another ponytail look for Australia.

Love the suit! Its a classic piece and can be worn without a mistake to any event. Would look great with a hat as well.

Yellow dress - Love! Its such a strong and young color for Kate. The dress is very flattering, fits well, length is perfect, the slit adds a lot to the dress IMO and the white breaks all the yellow off. This is a dress which I would love for Kate to wear more often. They are fun, age appropriate and they suit her. Longer lengths really suit her.

I really like this yellow dress on her. And the length is perfect!

I did like the yellow, but now all I can think of is William's comment that she looks like a banana.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this dress; she looks like a banana but in her defense that's what I think about all dresses that are in solid yellow. :D It's a vibrant color for her and a standout for sure in the crowds, but I can see why the white accents were used to cut the solidness of the color. I don't like the white on the sleeves and halfway around the hem, but the slim fit looks great on her and I love the length and the slit.

I didn't care too much for that blue suit which I think is a repeat; I didn't like the fraying though it does give an "edgy" look nor the zipper. But I think Kate excelled in her red and black suit; one of her best looks of the tour. Classic pencil suit with a perfect hemline.

I don't like yellow but it's a difficult color and I give her credit because she pulled it off very well!
The shape fits her and she looks elegant and feminine... and finally her skirts are not showing her (beautiful) legs...

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this dress; she looks like a banana but in her defense that's what I think about all dresses that are in solid yellow. :D It's a vibrant color for her and a standout for sure in the crowds, but I can see why the white accents were used to cut the solidness of the color. I don't like the white on the sleeves and halfway around the hem, but the slim fit looks great on her and I love the length and the slit.

Apparently the dress usually comes in white with yellow accents, rather than the reverse. I think that would be better.

But she cose yellow as a tribute to Oz i think! She did the same wearing red when she landed in New Zealand

I did like the yellow, but now all I can think of is William's comment that she looks like a banana!

I think the blue suit was a diplomatic choice, since it's by a local designer.

I love honesty, I truly do, but I also love that Kate sticks to her guns when it comes to outfits, even if her husband thinks otherwise. I know that if my husband told me that I looked like a banana, I would probably run into my bedroom and change, because I have a tendency to be extremely self-conscious.

Here it is (retail version) and the 3 changes made for Catherine are just so much better IMO

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1gHhMjdmp84/U06GMvTrAxI/AAAAAAAAaHs/y40o2PcwkNQ/s1600/2014-04-16-2.jpg

(courtesy of Order of Sartorial Splendor)

Change of sleeves (thank goodness)
Change of neckline - just prefer it
Change of colour - fantastic!

Yes, it's much prettier with the square neckline and the plain sleeves, and it's the wrong season for white. Yellow is not a color everyone can wear, but it looks great on CDOC.

It's certainly striking. Not my personal favourite ( really dislike the retail version), but she looks comfortable and good in it. I haven't really been wowed by any outfit so far, although I have enjoyed the bright colours. I hope for some goodies to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom