The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The casual look is not too bad. I'm not crazy about the wedges, but otherwise, it's fine.

The casual look IMO makes her look like a stick ... the look is ok for the purpose though and I agree the wedge think is odd .. walking stick.

...and those skinny jeans to be burned with the wedgies. She is too slender to wear those jeans.

The only thing that works for me is the top. The jacket is too structured to wear with the pants, and the navy blue tones are too far apart.

I do have to say that she has really ramped up the "working" look. Her red outfit and the blue coat are lovely.

I like the striped top, too, but not those jeggings nor the wedges. Kate always does look best in casual wear, IMO.

Last edited:
Well, thank goodness William knows how to rock a blue sweater and brown pants on this occasion! I think it's wise for Catherine to adopt a 'uniform' for such events. She doesn't need to look like a movie star on the red carpet when she's on a sailing vessel (and winning races). How can you be too slender to wear skinny jeans?

I love the blue jacket and Catherine looked wonderful that day, although my only complaint would be that the pockets are a little on the large side. I'm a big fan of that shade of blue.

I also liked Catherine's latest outfit - what I wear is irrelevant to this thread but I wore a very similar outfit to her's yesterday, although I wore a hoodie and Converse trainers with it instead. I doubt it was from the same designer as Catherine's! I have mixed reviews on her wedges, although that may be due to the fact that I'm not that partial to wedges in general.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Southern Hemisphere is how heading into autumn, not spring.

Well I'm in the Northern Hemisphere, so it's natural that I'll forget these things. But you are indeed correct - New Zealand is currently experiencing autumn.

Last edited:
I'm part of team "Someone burn those wedges". I always thinks she looks her best in casual outfits and this time was no exception. But I'm not a huge fan of the cut of this Zara blazer, I very much prefer her Emilio Pucci one.

I'm afraid her posture has suffered from the hair or just in general. You can see her head forward posture instead of head straight up, pretty clearly when she has her hair pulled back. Her Habit of clasping her hands together has exacerbated the overall problem.

Last edited:
This dress has got somewhat unflattering geometric patterns in the upper part. The zip spoils this dress for me. The colour is lovely though.

Last edited:
Well, since it is a coat, the zipper makes better sense. But I still don't like the zipper.

I'm afraid her posture has suffered from the hair or just in general. You can see her head forward posture instead of head straight up, pretty clearly when she has her hair pulled back. Her Habit of clasping her hands together has exacerbated the overall problem.
Are you saying that Catherine is leading with her chin to enable her to see clear of her curtain of hair? I have to admit, when her posture was mentioned I sort of laughed it off but, looking at these photos I beleive you have noticed a very important problem which, if not remedied, will cause her great discomfort later if not actual pain.

So in the long term I think the poor woman will be spending a lot of time wth books . . . on her head and not in her hands. I guess this is an unfortunate side effect of marrying her Prince. But she can always look on the bright side and know the payoff is getting to wear really fabulous clothes and make them look great instead of the other way around.

The zipper does indeed ruin the effect of the coat. If the dress that was posted here is the one Catherine is wearing, then it's quite lovely. I love the shade of green.

Re her outfit at the yacht races: I would eat my left arm if it meant I could look that effortlessly chic (though perhaps that's the type of attitude that's getting in the way of my weight goal). It's also an appropriate nautical outfit.

Also, She can wear skinny pants precisely because she is so slender--the horror here in New Orleans of women spilling out of their skinny jeans is enough.

Well, since it is a coat, the zipper makes better sense. But I still don't like the zipper.

I thinkt it's quite common to even have zip on a dress. In my country, we do not wear coat as we do not have 4 seasons so it's pretty common to find dresses with such zipper, not for practical usage but more a design.

Maybe zippers are fashionable among the Royal set. Remember the stunning peacock blue suit that Sophie wore to the races at Easter time last year? Hers had a zipper right up the back of the tight skirt and some other smaller ones on the sleeves or pockets. Sophie's outfit looked like it was made from neoprene material like the make wetsuits from. I can't tell whether Kate's is made from the same fabric, but one thing's for sure: the skirt wasn't going to blow up!

Actually, now I look at it again it looks like something you might wear for a strip-o-gram. It's designed for quick removal! :D

Incidentally, I've discovered something I didn't know. I wondered why she and William were wearing poppy brooches/pins. We wear poppies for Remebrance Day, not around Anzac Day. We wear rosemary for Anzac Day, but apparently in New Zealand they wear poppies instead. Interesting difference.

Last edited:
I like the style & colour, I dont mind the zipper but I dislike the strange pattern on the coat. The material looks cheap/strange too.

What I dislike the most is Kate's hair hanging all over the place again, hiding the poppy she wears most of the time !!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/12/article-2602953-1D0A76EE00000578-313_470x812.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/12/article-2602953-1D0AED8800000578-582_964x970.jpg

I like the colour, don't mind the zips but it's just plain and boring like her hair. I didn't mind the blue coat because it had detail.

I share wills view: that coat isn't my cup of tea!

I don't know what you call that business under the belt on Sophie's coat, but it looks just like a back brace my father wore before and after back surgery. I am glad Kate got rid of it though I am not fond of the flaps on the pockets.

What exactly are you talking about on the coat?

This is Catherine - http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/10/article-0-1CF9F31900000578-973_306x780.jpg

Who is wearing the belt above the waist and has the pocket flaps turned down.

Sophie - MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHİON: Sophie, Countess of Wessex in Alexander McQueen

Is wearing the belt at the waist with the pocket flaps turned up but unlike Catherine's there's no massive pocket outline on Sophie's coat or the grey model picture.

Love the green as it suits Kate's colouring - but maybe too many zips on it?

Sadly, the hair is down again and seems even messier today to me but I think this is just because it was so beautifully tied back yesterday which showed off her face and looked so regal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom