The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
She looks lovely, she needs a hairdresser.
But she has one. Did you mean she needs a different hairstyle?

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Now that I have seen better quality pics of the gown, I love it! LOL. And Prince William in a tux!! What can I say?

Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 AM
Nobility

I like Kate's outfit from the Derby. Less sure about the gala dress, except for the shoes! I would wear those in a heartbeat!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:00 AM
Majesty

I thought Catherine looked wonderful. The dress was not to my taste, but I thought it worked for her, and it was good to see her glam it up a bit. I think she might have real potential to develop as a fashion icon in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
OMG.....I L.O.V.E her shoes! I actually was thinking of ordering them and having them shipped from England.....until I figured how much they would end up costing me! LOL!!!!!
checked out the web site and I must say that I love the vast majority of all the shoes. Wish they were carried here in the states.
I think LK Bennett do sell in the US now, so you should be able to get them. Have a look at their website, I think they do have some US retai operations.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Exquisite, simply exquisite.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Exquisite, simply exquisite.
Imagine how proud her parents must be when they see these photos
Old 06-10-2011, 05:42 AM
Nobility

I am so glad that the Duchess of Cambridge has gone for the glamourous but discreet look. She is not a 'celebrity' - she is a working member of the Royal Family. There is a fine line there. I thought she looked lovely.

I favour the view that she should keep her hair down if she feels comfortable with it that way. Even loose chignons can make some people look severe. I feel sure that, over the years, she will experiment with her hair, but she has so much new to deal with that being comfortable with her hair down probably helps! :-)
Old 06-10-2011, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Only disappointing part of her overall look looking at the pictures again was her heavy make up.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I agree, the make-up is very heavy, especially eyes & eyebrows are too much.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...54_634x535.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...57_634x970.jpg

Nice full view incl shoes
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...72_634x783.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...04_634x909.jpg
Old 06-10-2011, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Kate's heels were by LK Bennett heels
Old 06-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Make up too heavy hair boring lover the shoes and the bag liked the dress but am not not a fan of all that heavy beading.... thanks for all the fast posting.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

Big photo from diariofemenino

Close-up from purepeople

Old 06-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice dress, appropriate for a new Duchess. I find her too thin but I'm showing my 44 years.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful outfit, she was really beautifully shining !
Old 06-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Majesty

I think her overall look was marvellous but there was something not quite right. It wasn't until I saw the picture on the model that I realised that it was her hair. It was obscuring the shape and detail of the top of the dress.

So, yes, I would love to have seen her with a soft and feminine up do. I would have like to see if she carried herself any better than the model, although the model didn't have her accessories . . . . the earrings, the clutch, the shoes . . . . . . the handsome prince.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
(...)

Kate Middleton Pictures Shopping in London

It seems she not only changed the color but also cur her hair.
I love this very simple look!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:41 AM

Hi Lady Catharine!

Greetings from Los Angeles!

What is the color of the BB lipstick and how much does it cost???

Thanks!

Snowball

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
She used/uses for her wedding Bobbi Brown in a 'gel liner' I bought it ..Its ok,,Im late 50's..so....it is a thicker liner..'art liner' is awesome..Lighter and def better colors..

And I did buy her wedding BB blush and lipstick.. I love the Lipstick...I use to use BB cosmetics years ago and stopped..till now..:)
This is a rather personal comment~ I thought her wedding dress made her chest look funny and stand out too much~
Old 06-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Simply magnificent!

She is a pretty girl doing perfectly her task. Bravo!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I always the 'Who wore it better" features in magazines. Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl wore a very similar but shorter version of this dress in epsiode 20 of season 4 titled 'The Princesses and the Frog'. She wears the dress to meet a fake princess of Monaco. (Gossip Girl’s Stars Perfume Launch and Royal Connection)
Blair's Version
http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/wp-cont...1/04/61786.jpg
http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/wp-cont...4-20/61789.jpg

I think I like Catherine's version better.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:

And I love those shoes...I wonder how tall she is when she has them on?

Closed Thread