Queen Silvia's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2002 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this dress. White is a very difficult color to wear, but Queen Silvia wears it really well. I also like the way that the Finnish order looks with the gown.

I agree with you about her hair. It looked really stiff. It was the only thing that didn't work. Otherwise, she has looked so beautiful during the Nobel events.

Thanks for the close-ups of her hairdo - I just couldn't figure it out in other photos.
All in all, I prefer her hair worn in an up-do with a tiara.

i think the hair piece isnt right for her but the ornage colour although quite bright is a nice change

I like this suit, but maybe it would be better with some other part, maybe the bluse, blue like shoes, gloves and bag...the hat is very singular in my opinion, but nice...

Queen Silvia's outfit is all right. The design of the suit flatters her figure. The orange colour does not become her much. The bright colour situation was further aggravated by shiny material. Although whimsical, the headpiece looked nice on her.

The orange was bright, and it photographs with different degrees of success in different lights and situations.
I do like how cheerful it is though.

i am really pleased to see this gala dress recycled, I do love it, and it really flatters her.

I found these old photos, from the Slovenian state visit to Sweden 1999.
Queen Silvia can surprise sometimes, what a gala dress!
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå

Queen Silvia today at a reception at the Royal Palace on the occasion of the engagement between Crown Princess Victoria and Mr. Daniel Westling
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture

Yes, Queen Silvia can indeed surprise sometimes. The rather sexy red dress was only seen on this one occasion, by the way.
The ice blue suit worn for her daughter's engagement reception is a Natan repeat - one of his better designs IMO, although once again the fabric he used is a bit too shiny for my liking.
The flower brooch she is wearing, of carved enamel, diamonds and sapphires, is a favorite one, a gift from the Austrian government during the 1979 state visit to Austria. There are matiching earrings which she didn't wear on this occasion.

Last edited:
Thank you for the two pictures, queenofthelight.
While the first one, from the recent state visit to Italy, shows Queen Silvia in a very classical black & fuchsia pink outfit, I don't care much for the white jacquard dress in pic 2.
She's wearing yet another interesting brooch here though:
Made of carved jade for the leaves and diamonds and amethysts for the blossoms, this large flower bouquet brooch has been seen since her wedding.

I love the hat and suit! They are so pretty. She should wear more of this shade.

I loved the suit and the hat was even better.

From the Gala: ANP Beeldbank (More pics at PPE)

I'm not a big fan of pink suit but I love this lavender coat. Light green suit is ok (I like hat-hairpeace?).
Gala dress is also very elegant and suit her well.

She has worn some very lovely things during this visit. Vibrant colors look really beautiful on her. I love the lavender coat! The style is very feminine. The mint-green suit is also really pretty. I especially like the hat that she is wearing with the suit. The gala gown is gorgeous. She is a very beautiful woman.

Queen Silvia's evening outfit is adorable. Deep blue is perfect colour!!!

Queen Silvia's whole wardrobe for the state visit to the Netherlands, daywear and gala gowns, was impeccably elegant - quite flawless.
I wish the grey gown from the welcome state banquet had been photographed better - the photo opportunities provided by the Dutch Royals were very restricted.
That gown has interesting detailing, a very long train, and must have looked quite grand in full length view.
I wonder who made it, the dress doesn't have the signature look of one of her regular favorite designers.

no new dress for the queen
this blue dress she has worn several times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom