The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

OMG, what a beautiful blue gown!! QR looks stunning once again!
These pictures aren't recent, right?

Old 11-04-2009, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinaB. View Post
OMG, what a beautiful blue gown!! QR looks stunning once again!
These pictures aren't recent, right?
No, there were taken during Prince Hamzah's wedding in 2004 and if I remember correctly that beautiful dress was never recycled in public (maybe has in private)

Old 11-04-2009, 04:15 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
No, there were taken during Prince Hamzah's wedding in 2004 and if I remember correctly that beautiful dress was never recycled in public (maybe has in private)
Yes Dazz. Do you know who is the designer?
Old 11-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE S
Love it, love it, love it!!
She looks stunning, I love everything: dress, hairstyle, jewellery, make-up...
A fairy tale queen
Here are more shots of this dress:
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/238/versalles.jpg
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/975...sailles6fg.jpg
Old 11-04-2009, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Yes Dazz. Do you know who is the designer?
If I remember correctly its by Dominique Sirop Couture.
He used the same fabric for Queen Sonja of Norway around the same time of the dress.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
Thank you very much, monic
The more I see the dress, the more I like it

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Interesting info, thanks Dazzling Perhaps QR hasn't worn it again, because she had borrowed it, who knows?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Interesting info, thanks Dazzling Perhaps QR hasn't worn it again, because she had borrowed it, who knows?
She does borrow alot of her gla gowns so it may be the case that this was borrowed, although in this instance I think that is unlikely.

Thank you for re-posting the gorgeous Rochas gowns she wore at the Time Gala. They were both stunning and elegant, especially the mint green dress.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I can say only one: Queen Rania is so beautiful, elegant and amazing!
I think it was her best evening dress.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I dont think it was borrowed, it has been mentioned over and over again that Rania does buy alot of couture and I doubt that high couture designers will just let her borrow an A-Z custom made dress which isnt going to get publicity lik eon the red carpet if you know what I mean.
I think she does get special prices since many would like to dress her.
Also, none of her gowns have been recycled to what I remember which are couture. She has worn couture to a private wedding in Jordan which was Elie Saab and never worn in public.

Little Star, I didnt know she also borrowed eveningwear, I thought it was only daytime wear.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

She said in an interview some time ago that she borrows alot of her wardrobe, including gala gowns.

Moreover, after QEII she is probably one of the most famous royal women around and is well-known amongst top designers. It makes perfect sense for them to dress her both during the day and at night.

For example, during her trip to Italy the majority of her wardrobe, with the exception of her Stephen Rolland gown, was by Italian designers. That's no coincidence and imo it wouldn't surprise me if she wore those dresses for free. Her visit received alot of publicity in the Italian media.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I find the borrowing very interesting in the dressing of royals. Who is responsible for marketing and releasing which designer a royal wore, the royals press office? or the designer's pr department?

Futher, why do some royals have to purchase (eg: CP Mary or CP Maxima) and some wear for advertising purposes?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania doesn't "advertise" or "promote" the designers that she wears specifically. Her office doesn't issue a press release everytime she wears a new gown declaring who it is by and whether she purchased the outfit or not. She has said in the past that she borrows items because it is more economical but has never gone into any details of which designer, how the arrangement came about etc.

Most of the time we know who she is wearing thanks to some very eagle-eyed posters on this board like dazzling, salma and chelsea who identify certain pieces.

As for women like Mary, I imagine that they buy their clothing because frankly, they don't have the international clout, fame or admiration that Rania does. It wouldn't really benefit any designer if they were to lend her their clothes.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

New thread can be found here

Closed Thread