The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:34 PM

Just one word: Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!

Roman godess?!!!! Please be serious? We're talking about this hidous thing called "evening dress for state dinner"?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAROLINE D'ALBES View Post
Roman godess?!!!! Please be serious? We're talking about this hidous thing called "evening dress for state dinner"?
I am serious,that's my point of view,I just love the dress
Respect other people's choices/taste,please.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
Close up
Old 10-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixilated View Post
Ruining the neckline with the silly pin! darn it! and would be better with simple earrings instead of hoops-bummer.
The "silly pin" she wore Tuesday night is actually an Italian honour. She's wearing it instead of the badge and sash.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

For the life of me, I cannot figure out WHY I like the "White Toga Dress" so much on Rania, but I DO!!! She does look like a Goddess, IMHO. Reminds me of Angelina Jolie in some movie where she played a sexy roman vixen....any one else?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
october 20, 2009 Italy
Imageshack - 8470194qr0.jpg

She looks great
This evening gown is by Giorgio Armani
GIORGIO ARMANI DRESSES HER MAJESTY QUEEN RANIA AL ABDULLAH
Old 10-22-2009, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
This evening gown is by Giorgio Armani
GIORGIO ARMANI DRESSES HER MAJESTY QUEEN RANIA AL ABDULLAH
Thanks Jess, I was wondering who created it.
This is the first time Rania has been seen in Armani Prive dress since he launched his collection.
Ineteresting that the dress had black diamonds on the back, im just curioues if they mean crystals or actual diamonds.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:46 AM
Courtier

If the article is right it's one black diamond + Swarovski crystals.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5...abitodaser.jpg
The dress
Old 10-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
The dress was featured on the runway from the deisgners prive winter 2009 collection but in strapless.
The dress on the runway has the same finishing of black stitching on teh white part as Rania's dress.

Rania's dress
Runway dress ** Close Up
Old 10-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

No words...
Queen Rania is simply irresistable in this evening dress, she is a beautiful goddess!

http://www.purepeople.com/article/ra...-rome_a42427/1
Old 10-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Nobility

Queen Rania looks absolutely gorgeous..!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I think this is one of her worst evening outfits. Its quite young for her, the sleeves are no use on the dress. I think the dress would look much nicer without them on.
Something about the dress which reminds me of a bride on the beach with flowers in her hair.
I like the hair and the soft gold band, really nice.
I fully agree with you. The white Roman-goddess dress was not a good choice for the banquet. It would have been much better if Queen Rania had worn a thobe or caftan-type dress like the one she used to wear.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

not liking her last white roman dress at all,everything look wrong on that dress especially the shoulder silly,plus it's not suitable for a state dinner IMO.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Courtier

Imageshack - 25641006

Going a little bit back, I don't think it suits Rania to have her hair up like that, on contrast she looked very well with her hair down with that roman dress
Old 10-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the idea behind the 'Ancient Goddess' dress, but I don't like its execution.
The overall style is overdone and results in her looking as if she was ready to appear as an extra on a movie set, whether it's a Roman 'Cleopatra' setting or a Greek 'Helen of Troy' - it's a costime rather than a dress.

As for the Armani gown, it absolutely looks as if it was not fitted on her. The skirt is far too long and the criss-cross bands are sitting in an awkward position. It's a pity because this sleek dress, in contrast to the other one, could really have worked better.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
For the life of me, I cannot figure out WHY I like the "White Toga Dress" so much on Rania, but I DO!!! She does look like a Goddess, IMHO. Reminds me of Angelina Jolie in some movie where she played a sexy roman vixen....any one else?
Angelina playing Olympias in Alexander!!Yeap,that's it,I nailed it!!! I still love it,doesn't matter if it wasn't appropriate for a state dinner.

About the black & white gown:it smelled like Armani from the beginning,very "Julia Roberts" dress I should have thought of that...
Old 10-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Courtier

The first evening dress(white/black)is stunning from front, it reminds me of one dress worn by Princess Garce, but from back no comment. I don't understund how such as horrible and unhealthy look can be called kissed by God. {edit} The second cream evening dress is nice, but nothing spectacular, it's more appropriate for summer and beach than for a dinner of a state visit. It's a pity that Rania doesn't wear some jordanian traditional dresses, they can look sometimes very beautiful and spectacular when the materials, colours and embroideries are well choosen.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! The black and white Armani Prive dress is stunning, it looks like something out of a Hitchcock movie. The dress is spectacular and Rania looked spectacular in it.

I didn't particularly like the white dres. I thought the colour was dull and while the Roman-inspired draping was a nice gesutre to her hosts the overall look was all wrong. This was possibly one of her least successful evening looks imo.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Thanks Jess, I was wondering who created it.
This is the first time Rania has been seen in Armani Prive dress since he launched his collection.
Ineteresting that the dress had black diamonds on the back, im just curioues if they mean crystals or actual diamonds.
It is not the first time that QRania wears Armani Prive, see my post 199 in this thread :

'' I found this article in italian language :
Star. Giorgio Armani veste S.A.R. la regina Rania di Giordania

It says that the dress which Queen Rania wore in the event for Lucciano Pavarotti in Petra on October was by Giorgio Armani Prive, a grey pearl georgette dress''.

The dress : http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6017/83240897.jpg

Closed Thread