Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 4: July 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I wrong to assume that a Royal lady - or her staff - is quite likely to know exactly how to wear sashes in the correct way? Or do we need always to be on high alert for these faux pas?

All Spanish royal ladies, Doña Sofía and Doña María de las Mercedes included, have worn Spanish sashes in contact with skin. Letizia also: picture. I prefer the riband flowing the natural way over the shoulder than tucked away inside the dress.

Yet the picture you produce is not bare skin. Yes, it touches her chest, but the dress had shoulders to which it is pinned. There is a difference you seem to miss between a bare shoulder and not. The point being, Spanish women traditionally wear it tucked as such when they have bare shoulders.

I hope Queen Letizia will never again tuck and frot the grand cordon of the Order of Elizabeth The Catholic in her bra. That is not too respectful for the dignity of this noble and historic Order.

I don't think there was anything disrespectful or inappopriate about the way the order was attached to her dress. This sort of thing has been done in the past.

As regards protocol in these matters, as Queen, Letizia can pretty much set the protocol!

The diadem called "La Buena" simply does not suit Letizia as it beautifully complemented Doña María de las Mercedes or Doña Sofía (the mother respectively the spouse of King Juan Carlos). My advice is to leave it in the cassette. Maybe it will once suit Doña Leonor.

No problem to leave diadems in the cassette. Queen Beatrix never wore the most important jewels of her House. Probably because she did not like these. The Delhi Durbar was only worn by Camilla a few years ago and has disappeared again. It can happen because ladies decide this-or-that bijoux are not suiting them or no longer their taste, as every female poster with a cassette full of bijoux will have experienced.

My own view is that La Buena looks far better on Letizia than I expected it to, on her slight frame. This tiara is an important symbol of the House of Bourbon, and I think it is appropriate for Letizia to wear it at certain key events. She clearly does recognise this, and to me, has fulfilled her duty in wearing it.

What a horrible outfit,I know she's on holidays but neither part compliment each other .

I think the top is too casual for the skirt due to the shiny stripes on the skirt, but otherwise I think it is a cute outfit. I'd wear it.

Nothing here works together, skirt is too short for any woman even if your not a queen, the stripe on the side of the skirt with the shiny part does not go with the casual top, the scallops on the top with the yellow....gee how miss matched can she get...way off base here with this outfit.

I like the combo, especially like the strappy Sandles with the chunk heel.

Last edited:
Cute look. :flowers:

There is nothing excessively short about the skirt. She isn't in a micro mini. If this was an actual event I'd say a bit short for a queen. But this us a private dinner. She is out for dinner with the family. If she wants to wear a paper bag that is her choice.

Ugly and non appropriate. Too short. I know that she is in a private dinner, nevertheless she is out, exposed in the public eye and she remains the Queen of Spain. Private or official dinner, she is still the Queen

Great outfit for an informal private dinner in Mallorca. She's got killer legs and as we say in Spain "lo que se comen los gusanos que lo disfruten los humanos". :D

Last edited:
she looks really good in the outfit but i don't think the queen of spain should be wearing such short skirts, even on private outings... we all have an image to uphold. and there is a context for everything: just as i wouldn't walk around the street wearing clown clothes to run my errands on a normal day, but it could be an appropriate outfit for halloween. for letizia is the same, in my opinion. it is all about context and she is the queen of spain, even in her free time. there's plenty of skirts out there which would not expose her so much.

i would even extend my thoughts to 'women of a certain age (including letizia's) should not wear mini skirts'. in letizia's case or any other woman who has beautiful legs, i would give them a pass, but that plus her status makes this combination a bit risky.

Last edited:
Perhaps she can borrow her MIL's striped pants the next time she goes out.

Great outfit if ones name is Kylie Minogue but not for the queen of Spain.

she looks really good in the outfit but i don't think the queen of spain should be wearing such short skirts, even on private outings... we all have an image to uphold. and there is a context for everything: just as i wouldn't walk around the street wearing clown clothes to run my errands on a normal day, but it could be an appropriate outfit for halloween. for letizia is the same, in my opinion. it is all about context and she is the queen of spain, even in her free time. there's plenty of skirts out there which would not expose her so much.

i would even extend my thoughts to 'women of a certain age (including letizia's) should not wear mini skirts'. in letizia's case or any other woman who has beautiful legs, i would give them a pass, but that plus her status makes this combination a bit risky.

Ironically, last night I was reading an article online about fashion mistakes that women over age 40 can make. A few of them were tight leather pants, T-shirts with graffiti, and another of them was..... very short skirts.:ermm:

Letizia is obviously a very beautiful, vibrant woman who is not quite ready to dress like a granny, but especially in her position as Queen consort it's important to strike some type of balance between stylish and appropriate without looking so often like someone who is desperately trying to recapture her 20's.

Last edited:
Cute look. :flowers:

There is nothing excessively short about the skirt. She isn't in a micro mini. If this was an actual event I'd say a bit short for a queen. But this us a private dinner. She is out for dinner with the family. If she wants to wear a paper bag that is her choice.
:previous:This! She looks great.

Letizia was at an informal, private family dinner. Just because she is Queen does not automatically mean she's lost her identity. Rather, it shows that she can relax and enjoy herself! Including the manner of her dress.

The dress is super pretty!! I don't like the shoes but it's a great outfit.

Yes it is gorgeous and a lovely new dress,great classy look tonight.

Beautiful, beautiful, gorgeous dress, she looks stunning more then ever. Love everything about this outfit from the dress, to the hair to the make-up to the shoes and the earrings.....perfection!

A very beautiful dress and I like her hairstyle. She looks great.
I only don't like the shoes.

That dress is absolutely gorgeous! Iffy on the shoes, but hair & make-up are lovely.

Oh yes! No complaints here...Letizia looks perfectly gorgeous here!? She has a stunning tan to go with the loose chignon and low-backed summer shift...so beautiful!

I love the dress! Very, very pretty. Only dislike the shoes.

pretty dress! i tend to like what letizia wears for this yearly occasion. last year's dress by juan vidal was for me also a winner.

The dress is a design by Juan Duyos, and is swen with Manila shawl fabric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom