The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I have to admit I thought she would be a credit to her husband. I also thought that she would "pay" for dressing. She seemed to have a natural style or maybe it was just her innate dignity but never in a million years would I have imagined she would become the "Style Queen of Elegance for those of later years.

But then again, that Pink gown would look gorgeous on any woman with her height. I'm talking about real women - not those heroin chic waifs that totter along the catwalk!

Old 11-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder what she will do with it when she has finished with it! I would write and ask her, very politely for it, but darn I am too short.
She looks absolutely stunning in it, perhaps on a later occasion as the ladies of the royal family are starting to recycle dresses (hurrah hurrah) she will wear it with a tiara.....
I am looking forward to seeing this.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have to admit I thought she would be a credit to her husband. I also thought that she would "pay" for dressing. She seemed to have a natural style or maybe it was just her innate dignity but never in a million years would I have imagined she would become the "Style Queen of Elegance for those of later years.

But then again, that Pink gown would look gorgeous on any woman with her height. I'm talking about real women - not those heroin chic waifs that totter along the catwalk!
Perfectly said, Marg. Perfectly! She is someone that most women can relate to style wise--and can I just say how much I enjoyed seeing her wearing that collet necklace again? She wore it at her birthday party a couple years back and I believe it was the Queen Mum's, loaned to her by the Queen that evening. Perhaps it is now a gift?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've split out the posts about the Remembrance Day observation and the wearing of poppies and moved them to this new thread in the British forum:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-18905.html
Old 11-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Her hair...

will never change, and in all honesty, fair enough. But If I could style her hair, even if only once, then certainly a style such as this is what I'd suggest.

Not to mention one of her better, evening dresses.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2.../801399901.jpg

Certainly not to everyone's liking I'd anticipate, but I think it would suit her very nicely.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

That is a very flattering stlye. I really like it but, I think you need more hair (by volume) to be able to wear a decent tiara. Infortunately the Bucheron or the Deli Dhurbar would swamp her with that syle.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
That is a very flattering stlye. I really like it but, I think you need more hair (by volume) to be able to wear a decent tiara. Infortunately the Bucheron or the Deli Dhurbar would swamp her with that syle.
Oh...hmmm...gee...a real shame that...especially the Boucheron...

I wonder what other tiara HRH could wear (ponders for a moment)...I KNOW......the Russian sapphire bandeau, of course..hehe. How convenient a hairstyle...

As for the Delhi Durbar. The late Queen Elizabeth wore a style of similar volume and she managed to wear the Durbar quite well, even if only once. And if I recall correctly (?), the Durbar was reset with extra width for the Duchess and so not in it's original form.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Thanks all for the info!
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attend a Banquet at the Royal Palace on October 31, 2008 in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei.

Light pink dress! It suits her well!

http://i35.tinypic.com/fx6p90.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/14n37us.jpg

This suits her - the material flows very nicely

Old 11-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very nice dress, what necklace is she wearing? Warren??
Old 11-03-2008, 05:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Finally - Camilla looks absolutely stunning in that pink dress. No tiaras, the dress code wasn't even black tie, let alone white tie!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Very nice dress, what necklace is she wearing? Warren??
I think Camilla was wearing the diamond collet collier necklace that she wore on her 60th birthday party and again on the banquet for the Sarkozy's.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:00 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

13/11 60th Birthday Prince Charles

Galeras de imgenes

A full length pic of Camilla, although no close up. Sorry but on the big occasion she didn't get it right. I hate the pink colour on her and the dress looks ill-fitted and frumpy.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Royal Highness

As always...again...the choice of a dress is only a question of taste...and so i would prefer to avoid such harsh words...

I think the dress was a good choice and the Duchess looked brilliant!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think this dress suits Camilla at all.
I don't want to be rude, but I think that is not the right dress for Camilla's body!
She should have worn the beautiful light pink dress she wore in Brunei, IMO!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Nobility

Both the pink dress she wore in Brunei and the pink dress she wore in the celebration of her husband look great on her.

And the turqoise shorter dress that were in a link further up (By Madame Royale) in this thread, was stunningly beautiful on her.

I agree with that it is possible for any woman to picture wearing her clothes. She is not skinny skinny, but yet she is elegant and just the way she should be.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Im not a fan of the heavy material dresses on her like the one she wore to Charles's birthday party Galeras de imgenes they dont falter she shape and make her look dumpy

She suite the softer more feminine material like the pale pink chiffon worn in Brunei http://i35.tinypic.com/fx6p90.jpg as they falter her figure more

Old 11-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post

As always...again...the choice of a dress is only a question of taste...and so i would prefer to avoid such harsh words...

I think the dress was a good choice and the Duchess looked brilliant!
i totaly agree with you milla ca ! the dress was a fantastic choice she lokked elegante and briallant .i didn't like her in the pink dress in malysia she lokked a old women
Old 11-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Duchess of Cornwall visits the Wiltshire Air Ambulance service, Devizes, Britain - 21 Nov 2008
http://i35.tinypic.com/m82ttw.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/rk21ja.jpg
Not her best outfit, imo!
Anyway, ok for the event!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles and Camilla current events 22: September 2008-August 2010
Vivienne Westwood's dress was an all right choice on the part of Duchess of Cornwall.
The dress seemed a bit overwhelming on her. Looking at the photos, one may notice that she looked fatter than she really is. I like a draped neckline and rich blue colour though. At the same time, I do not think Duchess of Cornwall can wear Vivienne Westwood properly. Airy lacy creations by Elie Saab would have suited her much better. If Duchess of Cornwall wished to support British desingers, I think Alexander McQueen would have been a perfect choice because she looks nice wearing tartans.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Gentry

Thanks for the photo's Al bina. I agree that the blue dress looks a bit "heavy," but she still looks pretty stunning. I can't quite make out the necklace though...it looks like one of the Saudi necklaces which belong to the Queen. Can anyone tell?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, fashion, style