Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 7: June 2013 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a very flattering look for a Crown Princess...

I quite like it. The shoes would have been better if dark blue instead of brown and that detail of the blouse would look better if not it wasn't denim (or something that makes it look like denim).

Going from bad to worse.....this is one unhappy princess I think because she is dressing like she could care less about how she looks in the public eye and her job.

I agree. Her coat is lovely and looks warm. With the tights and colours, the whole look gives off a very 'school uniform' feel IMO. My least favourite part of the outfit is the different shade of blue (is it denim?) on the top half. It looks awkward and out of place to me. Her boots look rather old fashioned - it makes me wonder if she raided King Harald's old shoes from the 40s and 50s. :D

Her hair does look better here though, I'll give her that.

The King and Queen need to sit her down and have a very real and serious talk with her. She just keeps getting worse and worse. It is time to remind her of her position as a royal and what is expected of her. It may make the CPrince and her angry, but so be it. There is something going on with her and they need to get to the bottom of it.

The King and Queen need to sit her down and have a very real and serious talk with her. She just keeps getting worse and worse. It is time to remind her of her position as a royal and what is expected of her. It may make the CPrince and her angry, but so be it. There is something going on with her and they need to get to the bottom of it.

I agree. She married not just a man, she married a high-profile job. She probably really doesn't care about fashion, but Hello! it is part of the job! Since they can't fire her, I am not sure what can be done to shape her up. Her lack of refinement and care will definitely be a problem when she receives her "promotion" to Queen.

What? An outfit from MM that I actually like? Shocking! But I love this. The color, and the hat.

I don't when she stopped caring about fashion though because she wears some extremely high end designers - which doesn't suggest a lack of interest. I wonder what's going on.

I thought the tights worked perfectly with the lovely coat. The tights where not too thick nor too sheer which looked good. Her hair style is lovely and her overall was nicely put together.

October 14, 2014 - MM in a blush outfit.

Love the whole look! I just wished her hair was in a soft bun or in a ponytail.

Front view ** Side view

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh- 2 for 2! Love! A bun or a hat would have been fabulous!

I'm not especially keen on the jacket, but, in general, the outfit is attractive.

I do think she needs to have a serious think about her hairstyle though. Perhaps a new hairdresser could try something new that would give her hair a bit of volume. It seems very flat and lifeless to me, in more ways than one.

Front view ** Side view
I agree with you. A blush colour became Crown Princess Mette-Marit well. A simple bun would have made this look perfect.

I am not a fan of the jacket, but love the blush color on her. I agree with others about her hair down. A bun would have made a huge difference.

I like it .. the jacket is odd with it I agree but it is better than anything she has worn in ages IMO the colour is really perfect on her and thought the hair is an issue it looks okay IMO the jacket is more for jeans but she seems to have pulled it off IMO

I'm sorry to have seen the outfit from the back. It's much too tight and I really don't care for the zipper. Different views make a difference, that is why I love to see the outfits from the back. Still, I love the color.

From what little I can see, I dislike the strange lizard-like leather.

Another big miss, yikes how ugly. Someone send her help please...:bang:

Like others here, I don't particularly like MM's latest outfit. From what I can see, the top is just awful, and the fabric looks like it would be more suited for a bag. The sleeves look awkward with the rest of the look and like the top, I think the fabric is better suited for another piece of clothing, such as gloves or something. MM really needs to have some sensible advice on fashion - and this is coming from someone who doesn't follow the latest fashion trends that much (I know, I know, as I comment on the fashion threads a lot - I prefer looking at other people's fashion rather than my own!) and whose usual outfit consists of jeans and a tee shirt.

I thought the tights worked perfectly with the lovely coat. The tights where not too thick nor too sheer which looked good. Her hair style is lovely and her overall was nicely put together.

Front view ** Side view

An entire ensemble in blush. Reminds me of Steel Magnolias:

"Blush and bashful are my signature colors."

"Your signature colors are pink and pink!"

Here we go from Blush and Bashful to Red Reptilian.

Looks like an alligator got hold of Blush and Bashful here - not a pretty sight. Not pretty at all. :eek:

!! REAL- MY ROYALS !!

She looks ridiculous once again. Did she borrow the queens sweater? I swear she has no clue how to conduct herself in a royal manner when it comes to day wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom